ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Suriano

I don't believe that is true in any way, and is more a description of your feelings than reality. Well over 90% of those commenting on my PSU gear commiserated with me about the NCAA overstepping their bounds. Everyone including me condemns what happened and that those responsible should be punished, but a miniscule amount of people blame the athletes, students, fans, and school (in general) for what happened. Much of drama after the fact was a political power play within PA and at the NCAA. Frankly, little of what was done had anything to do with helping children escape abuse. It was simply a power struggle by the governor, the PSU Board, and Mark Emmert.

If you don't believe it's true in any way you are part of the issue. Deflecting it as a power play after the fact only enhances the perception of the 'low iq' crowd as other posters referenced. People watched the outrage of the statue removal and assigned a perception to it. In general people don't assign those perceptions to 'everyone'. However the people that deflect it, talk about how people like Sandusky are everywhere, fail to acknowledge it or claim it never happened perpetuate the perception of an institution that only cares about the program. To say it's not true in any way is not realistic as evidenced by the responses here.

Penn State has a billionaire donor, Terrence Pegula. He funded the move to give Penn State a D1 hockey team. Paid for a new arena for them to play. I am guessing he is the money behind the wrestling team too. Money is not an issue. Whenever they need more they can just run to him.

Psu has a HUGE endowment, well beyond that of Iowa and deeper than just pegula

I think we need Slushead to write one of his funny short stories about this thread........

Just read through this bear this morning. Certainly enough hate from both sides to fuel some satire...tough to type, though, when I can't stop shaking my head.

I guess I follow wrestling to enjoy it. If something in the sport ever makes me so bitter with hate as I see from some, I'll probably find something else to follow.

EDIT: And yes, I realize I just inadvertently invited someone to tell me to not let the door hit me in the ass as I go follow something else.

If you don't believe it's true in any way you are part of the issue. Deflecting it as a power play after the fact only enhances the perception of the 'low iq' crowd as other posters referenced. People watched the outrage of the statue removal and assigned a perception to it. In general people don't assign those perceptions to 'everyone'. However the people that deflect it, talk about how people like Sandusky are everywhere, fail to acknowledge it or claim it never happened perpetuate the perception of an institution that only cares about the program. To say it's not true in any way is not realistic as evidenced by the responses here.
Lol, thanks for the lesson in deflection from the master himself. Much of what happened AFTER the fact was a power play. You not understanding that isn't my problem. What happened before the fact was awful and deserved recrimination. One can believe both.

I'm kinda curious how wrestling fans in Iowa and any other state for that matter feels about our Pennsylvania boys being the most sought after recruits in the nation. I mean, we didn't even know wrestling existed before Cael came to the keystone state so it must make you feel shitty that our kids are already better wrestlers than yours. Must make you feel even worse that its gonna take Pennsylvania boys (Spencer, Kem, Murin and Young) to try and save Hawkeyes wrestling from going another 8 years without a title.
Nah

Reactions: DirkTang1
Back to Suriano please some of us work today!
Does Suriano decision affect Baels contract. Who cares let the son of a gun wrestle.

But if we can get back to the topic...

From what I can glean from BWI today, combined with all the other rumor and innuendo swirling about over the past month, it APPEARS to ME as of this moment that:

1. Suriano wants to transfer to Rutgers. (Not Iowa. Rutgers.)

2. Surianos have supposedly asked Cael for official permission to speak with Rutgers about such a transfer. (Not Iowa. Rutgers.) Cael has supposedly granted permission. This is recent news, as of yesterday, and is from a single source on BWI.

3. Losing a year of eligibility upon transfer from one Big-10 school to another is apparently a Big-10 rule, and out of Cael's or PSU's control. Surianos are supposedly making an effort to have the rule waived (the post said they're petitioning the NCAA, but it would be the Big-10).

4. None of the above is first-hand info. It's all rumor. But the way the story is evolving seems credible and consistent with the rumors we have heard since the beginning of the summer, which is that Suriano wants to transfer to Rutgers.

5. Penn State is not in favor of pedophilia, okay? Hurling the "Ped State" insult and saying, "Well, I'm not saying it, other people are still saying it" is you saying it. Please, for the love of God, let it die.

THis thread should be about Suriano…

Personally, I think he just feels embarrassed having to compete in the gawd awful singlets PSU wrestles are forced to wear and we're forced endure. I mean, who wears a (high-waisted,) white belt after Labor Day?:rolleyes:
If they wore white wrestling shoes, it would be a "full Cleveland" where I'm from

From what I can glean from BWI today, combined with all the other rumor and innuendo swirling about over the past month, it APPEARS to ME as of this moment that:

2. Surianos have supposedly asked Cael for official permission to speak with Rutgers about such a transfer. (Not Iowa. Rutgers.) Cael has supposedly granted permission. This is recent news, as of yesterday, and is from a single source on BWI.

3. Losing a year of eligibility upon transfer from one Big-10 school to another is apparently a Big-10 rule, and out of Cael's or PSU's control. Surianos are supposedly making an effort to have the rule waived (the post said they're petitioning the NCAA, but it would be the Big-10).

4. None of the above is first-hand info. It's all rumor. But the way the story is evolving seems credible and consistent with the rumors we have heard since the beginning of the summer, which is that Suriano wants to transfer to Rutgers.

5. Penn State is not in favor of pedophilia, okay? Hurling the "Ped State" insult and saying, "Well, I'm not saying it, other people are still saying it" is you saying it. Please, for the love of God, let it die.

FWIW, my gleaning work arrives at the same conclusions as yours.

Reactions: TarpHawk and whejoe

The above post is entirely too rational for this thread.

I don't believe that is true in any way, and is more a description of your feelings than reality. Well over 90% of those commenting on my PSU gear commiserated with me about the NCAA overstepping their bounds. Everyone including me condemns what happened and that those responsible should be punished, but a miniscule amount of people blame the athletes, students, fans, and school (in general) for what happened. Much of drama after the fact was a political power play within PA and at the NCAA. Frankly, little of what was done had anything to do with helping children escape abuse. It was simply a power struggle by the governor, the PSU Board, and Mark Emmert.

Again, that is a direct product of your "bubble" and your own self created echo chamber. If you believe that 90% of the people making comments to people who wear Penn State gear are commenting about the "NCAA overstepping their bounds," then you are even more secluded from reality than I originally though.

Last edited:
Reactions: NRJ
Or bopper is wrong. Good ole spyker is claiming there will be no release.

What this thread needs is a picture of a ginormous throbbing penis so it can die.

cael-sanderson2.jpg

For you math majors out there, I kinda confused about something. When CP is 100% sure about something it never happens. So if he is 97% certain, does that mean there is a 3% chance that it does? :p

Your math questions would be better directed at the ISU fans. Us Iowa grads aren't privy (at least this one). However, you don't need a math major to figure out that when CP is 100%- he's wrong. And in this case, as well as the Lugo case, he's 100% wrong. Somebody needs to take control of his Twitter when he's on Zima's.

Saw some Zimas while on vacation down in Florida this year, laughed and told the wife I finally figured out why Kwood lives down here during the summer.

Had my first zima in 15-20 years at a minor league baseball game 2 weeks ago. Didn't even know it was still made.

The first was for nastalgia not sure why we had the second one or the third one ;)

Told the wife next time we are taking jolly ranchers along to throw in the cups and go really old school.

Had my first zima in 15-20 years at a minor league baseball game 2 weeks ago. Didn't even know it was still made.

The first was for nastalgia not sure why we had the second one or the third one ;)

Told the wife next time we are taking jolly ranchers along to throw in the cups and go really old school.

That explains alot. :(

Lol, thanks for the lesson in deflection from the master himself. Much of what happened AFTER the fact was a power play. You not understanding that isn't my problem. What happened before the fact was awful and deserved recrimination. One can believe both.

Good luck in finding any kind of deflection from me that compares to what you did. Heck good luck finding deflections from me. People confuse deflection for calling people out on their load of crap posts. Much like yours above. PSU is a great school, with a huge fan base and the dominant wrestling program. They do however have a huge stain on their reputation that is further enhanced by some head in the sand posts like you tried to pass off.

Reactions: NRJ
ADVERTISEMENT