ADVERTISEMENT

*****Offical 2023 Recruiting Thread*****

Was Brohm talking to a room full of coaches? Multiple recruits? One recruit who told several coaches?

Something like this doesn't get back to a staff from multiple sources unless it's a regular occurance, not a one time thing like you're implying.

That’s your opinion/assumption. None of us know what actually went down. It’s all speculation.

• Haha
Reactions: David1979
I think Merrieweather is next and fairly soon, there I called my recruiting shot in what is supposed to be a recruiting thread , or am I in the F*58ing hated rival i need to change My Depends thread? I like to know the lay of the Land .

Looks like Merrieweather is up next, here I was thinking for sure he was a brother to the Iowa safety however different city and last name spelling. Some great offers and wonder where we like him at? Has some nice DL and DT film!

Reactions: F5n5 and David1979
Looks like Merrieweather is up next, here I was thinking for sure he was a brother to the Iowa safety however different city and last name spelling. Some great offers and wonder where we like him at? Has some nice DL and DT film!
Would be great to get both Merrieweather and Howland on board this week. Then focus on Tate, Allen and Newsome.

Would be great to get both Merrieweather and Howland on board this week. Then focus on Tate, Allen and Newsome.
Yep I like that way of thinking! Tate is the Chicago safety, Allen the DL out of KS and Newsome from instate? Would be very cool to get Gilbert as well if we are are being greedy. Any WR targets deciding soon?
Maybe Vowell or Chase Hendricks from Mizzou?

Iowa has only landed 3 of the uncommitted OVs from their big weekend
4 come Tomorrow unless something drastically changed with Merrieweather . Same number i was told coming out of the Weekend . Iowa will be at 16 with a class size of 21 or 22 , number could go up a few after Fall Camp but for now that is the number and Iowa still wants a CB , perhaps 2nd TE, another WR and will take 1 more OL/LB if it is the right Guy, Iowa's class is in a very good spot .

Well, one was was the top in the country. I will say that is a successful weekend.
Yeah but Iowa was already the favorite there. Just seems like they as of now haven’t convinced anyone that they weren’t already a favorite for and a couple that Iowa was leading for are deciding to go elsewhere.

So what did Brohm say?
No one knows. Well, at least none of us knows. It was mentioned by Dochterman on a podcast with Kakert this past week, that coaches from Wisconsin and another school were reaching out to Iowa coaches saying that what Purdue was saying about Iowa to recruits was way over the line. For whatever that means.

Apparently Purdue's coaches were blowing up Gilbert's phone while he was on his OV to Iowa, trying to get him to commit to Purdue while on his official visit to Iowa. Iowa-Purdue game was always going to be interesting this year, just got a bit more feisty.

Yeah but Iowa was already the favorite there. Just seems like they as of now haven’t convinced anyone that they weren’t already a favorite for and a couple that Iowa was leading for are deciding to go elsewhere.
It's not over yet. And frankly, landing Proctor makes the big weekend a success. Yes, getting some additional guys would be good. Still time.

Did you really just cite an article from 11 years ago? Wow

Here is a 2022 study. Looks like the gap has widened since the study from 2011. .99 million fans for Purdue to 2.36 million for Iowa. Congrats on your wins and taking Iowa’s fourth and fifth WRs. But don’t try and say Iowa and Purdue are close to having the same base.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT