ADVERTISEMENT

***Official 2020 Presidential Election Thread - The Purge***

My hope is Trump refuses to leave the Whitehouse so Secret Service agents can show him how you really grab a pussy.

tenor.gif

Another big issue for the Rs is the South. That Southern wall is starting to crack. GA might go blue. NC is now a bit of a swing state. TX is always talked about but while it's still red, the margins are tightening a little with each election.

I guess we will see, but I don't really think so. I think this election had more to do with removing the cancer known as trump from the presidency. Nothing more, nothing less. The people have spoken.

However, I do agree that it is in fact up to the Republicans to recreate their name a little and distance themselves from Trump sooner rather than later. They do need some up and comers to reinvigorate the republican party.

Reactions: h-hawk
Going to be tough when Trump finally concedes and immediately starts his 2024 campaign for President.

The first won't happen. . . the second is likely. We will see if the stink of losing breaks his cult like hold over them.

I guess we will see, but I don't really think so. I think this election had more to do with removing the cancer known as trump from the presidency. Nothing more, nothing less. The people have spoken.

However, I do agree that it is in fact up to the Republicans to recreate their name a little and distance themselves from Trump sooner rather than later. They do need some up and comers to reinvigorate the republican party.

Agreed. Georgia went for Bill Clinton. To me, that's not that long ago. Of course when I was younger I remember rolling my eyes when people were like "this state went for Humphrey" and wondering how they even voted before electricity. When you're older you have some more perspective I guess.

I've definitely realized that there's way, way too many declarations of sea change in politics. The night Barack Obama was elected convincingly, who could have predicted Trump? I was ASSURED that Republicans were over.

Georgia is tightening again. That's fine. The fewer states that are non-competitive the better. Who would have considered Michigan to be a swing state for Republicans when Obama was winning by 15 points.

Georgia narrowly went for a moderate Democrat. If the Democrats keep nominating those, they'll continue to be in play there. If they don't that will likely offset a changing electorate.

Georgia Republicans right now, frankly, also kind of suck. That goes a long way as well.

Reactions: luvmyhawks
Media is just milking it at this point. Silver indicated he felt you could have called the race last night. Decision Desk HQ is just an internet outlet but it seems to be the first notable source to have called the race.

I think the TV networks like CNN, Fox, MSNBC have just realized that holding off on calling it keeps viewers glued to the screens because all of the Biden supporters are sitting there waiting for the call like they are waiting for the ball to drop on New Years eve.

It should be called soon but I totally understand why they didnt call PA when Biden was still behind in votes counted.

It should be called soon but I totally understand why they didnt call PA when Biden was still behind in votes counted.

True but they probably should have called it as soon as he took the lead. As soon as PA finishes counting the votes then I believe they won't have much of a choice but to call for Biden.

And they may be trying to hold off to a time which benefits them the most.

I think one outlet said they were going to wait until the vote margin was 35k. Hopefully that comes soon. I think Allegheny County is supposed to report sometime today.

I think one outlet said they were going to wait until the vote margin was 35k. Hopefully that comes soon. I think Allegheny County is supposed to report sometime today.
Doubtful. Allegheny couldn’t start counting until 4 pm today.

Reps in PA going back to SCOTUS for the 3rd time. Now they want order from SCOTUS to prevent PA Secretary of State from counting the mail-in votes that came in from the 'OT period' until they've been "litigated".

These effing clowns.

tenor.gif

Reps in PA going back to SCOTUS for the 3rd time. Now they want order from SCOTUS to prevent PA Secretary of State from counting the mail-in votes that came in from the 'OT period' until they've been "litigated".

These effing clowns.

tenor.gif

As someone tweeted a while back:

All of these "lawsuits" that are absent any salient facts, are essentially "Tweets with an associated Filing Fee"

Anyone ever been to Mohave County, Arizona? Most uneducated, poor white trash county in America. It’s 80% Trump country...shocker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT