ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official DNC Convention 2024 thread*****

I didn't weigh in on the Reptile's convention until after-the-fact when the nonsense made headlines.

I didn't mind his speech if it was his reelection speech. Instead of taking the last 40 minutes to take the time to go and thank the people that got him there he just spewed a bunch of easily disproven lies. There was one point where I said "this guy doesn't know he isn't in the game anymore" or something to that extent.

Watch. "Bidenomics" the only thing Joe said outside of the teleprompter was "those protestors outside have a point" that's going to need to be addressed. "How did no one tell us he was so bad". Ect.
Whiskey, I don’t care about Biden’s speech. I’m asking you why you feel the Dems are going to distance themselves from him.

Are they going to reference him often? Probably not since this is about the party nominee, but I don’t see them ignoring him either.

I think the issue at hand is the Dems waited until after the primaries to toss Joe....after he won them. If they actually had a competitive primary season it wouldn't be much of an issue.
No. Let's stop being disingenuous here. Dems are ecstatic over their change in candidates. Republicans are pissed because they felt like the election was over and now it's not. They couldn't give a flying **** about this democracy they keep crying about. They showed that much on and after January 6.

No. Let's stop being disingenuous here. Dems are ecstatic over their change in candidates. Republicans are pissed because they felt like the election was over and now it's not. They couldn't give a flying **** about this democracy they keep crying about. They showed that much on and after January 6.
"Estatic" over Kamala. Run with that.

Not being dissengenous at all. The D's and a large portion of the media were gaslighting about Joe. "Cheap fakes" and "sharper than he's ever been" and such. All turned on a dime after the debate. It was clear to any honest broker that he was never up to another term but they went with it.

That actually happened.

Reactions: DogBoyRy
Not being dissengenous at all. The D's and a large portion of the media were gaslighting about Joe. "Cheap fakes" and "sharper than he's ever been" and such. All turned on a dime after the debate. It was clear to any honest broker that he was never up to another term but they went with it.

That actually happened.
And yet Republicans are somehow angry that he won't have the opportunity. It's all politics. Maybe this was the plan all along. If it was and they win it was a genius move.

nothing about Adam Kinzinger is conservative.
200.gif

Reactions: win4jj
The election is still over. Trump in a landslide. You know it. The media on both sides is doing an excellent job of making everyone believe this is going to be a close race so they can continue to have money flowing into their coffers. It does the media no good if everyone thinks this race is over.

Maybe I’m not remembering this well, but aren’t outgoing presidents usually given the keynote speech for the first night?

I also love this narrative from the right, after telling us for years he shouldn’t run, wasn’t fit for office, should leave the race, etc., that when the Democrats finally acknowledge that reality, that now Biden was a victim.
Because they have nothing else to run on besides sharks and batteries….

Reactions: sober_teacher
Has anyone been disenfranchised of their democratic right to vote for President? No

Can someone still vote for Joe Biden for President on 2024? Yes

Are the rules for internal political party votes a part of our constitution, democracy or laws? No

Does the Democratic Party use a representative form of voting wherein you nominate someone to vote at a convention, knowing that person could vote differently than you? Yes

Even though the internal party nomination process is not governed by our constitution, is the same representative mechanism allowed in the constitutionally mandated voting process? Yes, the electoral college allows for representatives to vote for whoever they want.

You act so aggrieved even though no one has been disenfranchised, you very likely personally know no democrat pissed off by the change, there were no laws broken and the analogous process in our constitution expressly permits what happened. You just sound bitter and scared.
When all they have is a rambling stooge for a candidate what else can they do?

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
The election is still over. Trump in a landslide. You know it. The media on both sides is doing an excellent job of making everyone believe this is going to be a close race so they can continue to have money flowing into their coffers. It does the media no good if everyone thinks this race is over.
lumping ALL republican voters in with the J6 crowd is like lumping all black people in with the "mostly peaceful" protesters who burnt down city blocks.

But we know there's very fine people on both sides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT