ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official FSU CFB early signing day & transfer portal thread*****

Who knows what is going on with Farmer and closing. I have faith in our NIL and our front office and ability to pay those who are critical and not over pay those who are not. It is an added complexity to the offseason. Some of our competitors like scUM clearly want to throw money at 16-18 year olds. FSU I think tries to save for portal and veterans and spend wisely. And I think we have a large amount set aside for Ward or DJ.

Farmer is adamant it's false.
...and yet he's in the darn portal (or at least has filed all the paperwork). Again. He's done this 2x before. He provides solid depth, but I'm ready for him to just move on so we can be done with the drama.

Our biggest focus right now needs to be landing Ward. Norvell can make another run next year with a mercenary QB. He went all in on the portal to build a team around J-Trav and Verse and it worked. I'm anxious to see him do it again, but this time he'd better not take a knee at the 2 yard line like he did with Pitt (and others). He'd needs to throw daggers in EVERY game next season.

I can’t even imagine being a coach these days. “Who the **** is going to be on my team next year?!?”
All new peeps. We won't even recognize the offense outside of Toafili and Morlock. Gone are the days we get to see players we develop be on our roster. The ones we develop will transfer out and the ones other schools develop will transfer in.

Makes you wonder if HS recruiting even matters much anymore.
I think that it does...schools/coaches will just need to find balance. I Do think the NCAA is going to have to evaluate and tweak the system. Teams also need to have guidance for these kids.

Hill should NOT be asking for more than Trey based on unseen potential. Performance = $$, not potential (IMO). Peyton wanting more than Verse? Come on. I'm glad he figured out that wasn't going to happen and stayed with us.

Who knows what is going on with Farmer and closing. I have faith in our NIL and our front office and ability to pay those who are critical and not over pay those who are not. It is an added complexity to the offseason. Some of our competitors like scUM clearly want to throw money at 16-18 year olds. FSU I think tries to save for portal and veterans and spend wisely. And I think we have a large amount set aside for Ward or DJ.
All of this ^

A few kids are floating the notion so they can find out their NIL market value. A few see numbers floated on social media that are absurd. Some aren't in it for the NIL money, but simply want more playing time.

I think we're in the era that Freshmen and Sophomores will need to be very special to play early. Players at smaller schools who get developed early will leave for the Power 4.

Reactions: billanole
Nolecast signing day preview….according to 247 posters, it is fairly positive for FSU. Bud expects FSU to finish with a top 5 class.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
Big time. It's like a Dr Pepper commercial over there. LOL

I’m trolling the S out of those crybabies. Actually not trolling, just speaking the truth that coaching and development matter a lot more than recruiting service rankings. The national number 1 player in the entire 2021 class has a grand total of 17 tackles in three seasons.

What are they melting down about? Projected to “lose” a top talent? Or just our overall class ranking?

Reactions: NoleinATL
What are they melting down about? Projected to “lose” a top talent? Or just our overall class ranking?

The list is seemingly endless but losing a handful of top commitments, missing out on a Dade County DL to Miami, not chasing every DE in the portal. Those are just a few. They want Odell, JP and Randy Shannon all fired immediately and replaced with recruiting closers. I’ve never seen this much crying on any of our boards ever.

I am not on 247, but FSU Twitter had a few posts yesterday about a recruit having a humidifier on his Amazon dorm wish list.
I was so confused by the dorm wish list and how that tied into recruiting that I stopped going on Twitter yesterday for my own sanity.

The list is seemingly endless but losing a handful of top commitments, missing out on a Dade County DL to Miami, not chasing every DE in the portal. Those are just a few. They want Odell, JP and Randy Shannon all fired immediately and replaced with recruiting closers. I’ve never seen this much crying on any of our boards ever.
Sky is always falling.

I've had a subscription over there since becoming a refugee from warchant. I just started looking at their recruiting Board a couple of weeks ago. They complain/rage about anything that's not potentially in FSU's favor. The average poster's age has to be 15 or 16. They'll turn on anyone.

I just hope the recruits don't read their Boards.

If Bolden doesn't sign with us, we're still going to be ok. If that WR Smith signs with us, I don't think it is the difference between us being or not being a top-12 team next year. If you're relying on true freshmen to be the difference-makers immediately, prepare to be disappointed.

...and yet he's in the darn portal (or at least has filed all the paperwork). Again. He's done this 2x before. He provides solid depth, but I'm ready for him to just move on so we can be done with the drama.

Our biggest focus right now needs to be landing Ward. Norvell can make another run next year with a mercenary QB. He went all in on the portal to build a team around J-Trav and Verse and it worked. I'm anxious to see him do it again, but this time he'd better not take a knee at the 2 yard line like he did with Pitt (and others). He'd needs to throw daggers in EVERY game next season.
I don't think running up the score will be necessary with a 12 team playoff. With that many teams there will be a few 2 loss teams in the mix. Besides, everyone forgot that Bama needed a miracle to beat Auburn with 40 seconds left with their QB1, while FSU beat UF by 2 scores, on the road, with QB2 and QB3. There was no way the SEC was being left out.

I find it interesting that some recruiting services tend to drop a kid's rating if he flips from an SEC or B1G team to a team in another conference.

@TC Nole OX

Good Lord that place is hard to handle. I can only imagine that the TC over at Whorechant is much much worse. I suspect we'll have a few misses, but will finish with the #5 class, then we'll hit the portal and when it's all said and done we'll have the players we need and the Negative Nancy's will all have egg on their faces.

It is completely unreadable. I am using the ignore button with a vengeance. It’s now the writers, me and a handful of people who know how to stay composed on signing day.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
It is completely unreadable. I am using the ignore button with a vengeance. It’s now the writers, me and a handful of people who know how to stay composed on signing day.
Zero surprises so far...all as expected. Thomas just signed which makes 11. We know Blount will flip and we're not getting Smith, so maybe we make a run at McCray now that he's announced he isn't signing until Friday (and UF is melting down).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT