ADVERTISEMENT

* Official FSU @ Duke Gameday Thread *

I blame the voodoo curse becuase of @321nole
GWgveMVW8AA9FDO
That seems more like a boo boo curse

If the google machine is accurate, 63 million buyout, Pretty tough to swallow a buyout that large.
When the buyout is that large, but the record is this bad, the end-of-season move almost always follows the "fire the coordinators" model.

I would expect several of the position coaches are toast as well.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I slept through the entire game. It looks like I didn’t miss anything. Other than a couple dozen plays on the film breakdowns, I have not watched this team play all season. CSB

• Sad
Reactions: BrianNole777
Orrrrr…it’s purposely worded so they would never have to “pay up.” Damn, the curse will continue.
I don’t actually want to see someone eat dog poop again (I watched Pink Flamingos back in the day), I just want to know that a loudmouth jackass got what was coming to him.

Reactions: LBoogie28
Speaking of not paying up, what are the odds that we have multiple private investigators either following Norvell when he is off campus or combing through every aspect of his life looking for evidence of criminal wrongdoing?
I am still hoping he resigns😂

The body of work 4.5 seasons suggest he is a bad coach and has literally the worst offensive scheme in all of college football when J-Trav does not start. The magic of 2022 and 2023 was mainly due to J-Trav and hand full of leaders like Benson and Verse. But the reality when looking at 2020, 2021, and 2024 is without a generational type playmaker who could hide the flaws of offense by improvising, FSU was, and now is again, one of the worst teams in all of football and certainly the worst offense in all of football. And there have been plenty of QBs we have tried and they all look the same: shell shocked and unable to consistently move the ball or score. Blackman, Milton, Rodemaker, Purdy, Brock, DJU, and Luke all looked the same (awful) and had same results. It’s about the coaching and offensive scheme not working.

I’m seeing things the same way and OMG it makes me so sad.
Tonight the offense was just embarrassing. We don’t have any WR’s who can get separation and catch the dang ball and we don’t have an OL who can function on an even average level.
We got some nice runs but when you don’t have a passing game it’s not hard to see the defense is going to shut down the run game pretty quickly and just make the QB run for his life.
Shades of 1974…
Holy shit. You could have been a poster on the Iowa football board the last 3 years.

Reactions: billanole

The body of work 4.5 seasons suggest he is a bad coach and has literally the worst offensive scheme in all of college football when J-Trav does not start. The magic of 2022 and 2023 was mainly due to J-Trav and hand full of leaders like Benson and Verse. But the reality when looking at 2020, 2021, and 2024 is without a generational type playmaker who could hide the flaws of offense by improvising, FSU was, and now is again, one of the worst teams in all of football and certainly the worst offense in all of football. And there have been plenty of QBs we have tried and they all look the same: shell shocked and unable to consistently move the ball or score. Blackman, Milton, Rodemaker, Purdy, Brock, DJU, and Luke all looked the same (awful) and had same results. It’s about the coaching and offensive scheme not working.
The oline is evidence numero uno, followed or even surpassed by WR play. Dang boys, did you suddenly forget how to play ball?

Several positives to praise.
Tackles for loss are ticking up.
Kick blocking as well.
Sam Singleton Jr with the kickoff return.
The kickers, thanks for the kicking teams.

Last edited:
The issues have been clearly narrowed down--OL and WR which means Atkins and Dugans MUST be fired immediately! If I showed you these stats before last nights game, who'd you think would win?

FSU rushing: 162 yards, 4.1 yards per carry
FSU defense against Duke:
- 180 total yards allowed
- 70 passing yards allowed
- 3.1 yards per carry allowed
Duke third-down conversions: 3 of 17
First downs: FSU 16, Duke 10
FSU defense:
- 8 pass breakups
- 6 tackles for loss
FSU special teams: Successfully converted a fake punt for a 31-yard gain & Partially blocked a punt
- Fitzgerald: 3 field goals, including a 53-yarder
- Singleton: 95-yard kickoff return for a touchdown
Over 160 return yards
- Mastromanno: 4 punts, 3 inside the 20-yard line

The issues have been clearly narrowed down--OL and WR which means Atkins and Dugans MUST be fired immediately! If I showed you these stats before last nights game, who'd you think would win?

FSU rushing: 162 yards, 4.1 yards per carry
FSU defense against Duke:
- 180 total yards allowed
- 70 passing yards allowed
- 3.1 yards per carry allowed
Duke third-down conversions: 3 of 17
First downs: FSU 16, Duke 10
FSU defense:
- 8 pass breakups
- 6 tackles for loss
FSU special teams: Successfully converted a fake punt for a 31-yard gain & Partially blocked a punt
- Fitzgerald: 3 field goals, including a 53-yarder
- Singleton: 95-yard kickoff return for a touchdown
Over 160 return yards
- Mastromanno: 4 punts, 3 inside the 20-yard line

I was looking at the stats post game, and looking at their numbers before. The D did a very solid job. This is very reminiscent of the Slim Reaper? era and it all started with the OLine being the worst FSU had seen. Until now.....

We all can agree that the WR’s are dropping way too many balls. Are any of the INT’s possibly on them running wrong routes?
The INTs this game weren’t on them. You would have liked some OPI on the first one to try to prevent the defender from getting it. That’s immaterial. A bunch of DJUs were on the receivers.

The offensive line is straight garbage. Every team is in our backfield every play. We have to use misdirection and the option just to get a basic run game going.

Reactions: BelemNole

Worst offense in football? Hire Brian. I double dog dare you.

We all can agree that the WR’s are dropping way too many balls. Are any of the INT’s possibly on them running wrong routes?
Previous games… possibly, but certainly not the first INT last night. Took too long to throw and even longer to get there. That was effectively a 35-40 yard throw from the far hash to the opposite sideline. Brock doesn’t have that type of arm/velocity. The second INT I would put money on a bad pre-snap read. Never saw the backer, or didn’t expect him to drop into coverage. The third, which was ruled incomplete, was a brain dead throw. Should never have been in bounds.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT