ADVERTISEMENT

***Official FSU @ Pitt Thread!***

Washington will jump us
Michael Richards Yes GIF

Ok so we’re here. It’s a 2 game season as it’s always been. Have to beat the canes and gators.

There were some good plays and good highlights. But FSU has a lot of work to do to make the top 4 and look respectable against a UGA/Michigan/Washington/Oregon/OSU caliber team. I was really surprised on some of the struggles yesterday and not surprised on some others (DBs...).

If a 2-7? Pitt team gave FSU fits for a half, not sure what the top teams will do (yes I do). Love being ranked. Loved being in the talks. But FSU has some work to do still.

All I know is, this is miami week!!!!

There were some good plays and good highlights. But FSU has a lot of work to do to make the top 4 and look respectable against a UGA/Michigan/Washington/Oregon/OSU caliber team. I was really surprised on some of the struggles yesterday and not surprised on some others (DBs...).

If a 2-7? Pitt team gave FSU fits for a half, not sure what the top teams will do (yes I do). Love being ranked. Loved being in the talks. But FSU has some work to do still.

Meh... lots of things to think about here. Road game, missing a lot of playmakers, Pitt playing for pride, we have a big rivalry game next week, Garnet the lucky Goldfish doesn't like cold weather...

All I know is, this is miami week!!!!
Yeah, agree. We have no margin for error. If we don’t win next three games big I worry we will be on outside looking in come playoff time.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
Yeah, agree. We have no margin for error. If we don’t win next three games big I worry we will be on outside looking in come playoff time.

There's still a lot of big-boy football that all the potential playoff contenders must overcome. Our path to an undefeated regular season looks the easiest, IMHO.

And don't forget, OSU or UM will lose because they play each other.

There's still a lot of big-boy football that all the potential playoff contenders must overcome. Our path to an undefeated regular season looks the easiest, IMHO.

Yes, and this is already being used against us. Compare all the talk about Alabama.

We’ll see.

Yes, and this is already being used against us. Compare all the talk about Alabama.

We’ll see.
Yeah, sadly we have zero media hype due to being in the ACC. Would not even surprise me to be five this week in CFP rankings. We have no chance getting in with one loss. Thankfully OSU and Michigan play each other. Only silver lining is starting next year we will have a 12 team playoff.

DBs? Pitt was 15/36 passing.
I think we’re still the only team in FBS to hold their opposition to a sub 50% completion percentage for the season!

Isn’t that the 5th game in a row we didn’t allow the other team to score in the second half?

Hopefully Johnny and Keon are healthy for Miami and UF.

UF still has to play LSU, Mizzou and FSU needing a win for bowl eligibility. I hope we get to put the nail in that coffin.

Last edited:

And Alabama and Georgia should play each other in the SEC championship game. If FSU is undefeated, and there are 4 or fewer undefeated teams, they won't be left out.

Isn’t that the 5th game in a row we didn’t allow the other team to score in the second half?
No, it isn’t. It’s the first in a row, as WF put up 9 in the 3rd just last week.

There were a few coverage breakdowns yesterday, which aren’t all too uncommon with how we play defense as a whole. More recently our d-line has been getting to, or speeding up opposing qbs to the point it goes mostly unnoticed. Against Pitt, there were a few times everyone did notice, and they were on chunk plays (thus some of the panic…which I am not necessarily part of).

Reactions: funksouljon
No, it isn’t. It’s the first in a row, as WF put up 9 in the 3rd just last week.

I don’t know where I was thinking I heard that.

We’ve held three teams scoreless in the second half, Duke, Pitt, and Syracuse.

I don’t know where I was thinking I heard that.

We’ve held three teams scoreless in the second half, Duke, Pitt, and Syracuse.
I think it’s scoreless 4th quarter, which goes back to Clemson…but yes, have pitched some second half shutouts in a row recently.

Man, some of you are brutal. This team was dogshit 3 years ago and hasn’t played this well in nearly a decade. Do we have the occasional breakdown? Sure, but what team doesn’t. Do we play worse with half our skill players out? Yep, as you’d expect. But they’re still winning and fun to watch.

Man, some of you are brutal. This team was dogshit 3 years ago and hasn’t played this well in nearly a decade. Do we have the occasional breakdown? Sure, but what team doesn’t. Do we play worse with half our skill players out? Yep, as you’d expect. But they’re still winning and fun to watch.
You’re right, I think I’m still scarred when it comes to FSU football.

But I also listen to the subtle jabs from commentators and writers all season long about the ACC and FSU’s schedule. And the historical lovefest for Alabama in those same circles.

You’re right, I think I’m still scarred when it comes to FSU football.

But I also listen to the subtle jabs from commentators and writers all season long about the ACC and FSU’s schedule. And the historical lovefest for Alabama in those same circles.
Well, they have a big contract with the sec, so it’s to be expected.
Im just trying to enjoy being good again. Who knows how long it lasts this time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT