ADVERTISEMENT

***Official FSU @ Pitt Thread!***

The Tradition

HR King
Apr 23, 2002
The Noles travel to what used to be called Heinz Stadium to take on the Panthers in a Saturday afternoon ACC showdown today at 3:30 p.m. eastern on ESPN!

FSU hasn't visited Pitt since the 2013 season opener. Pitt leads the all-time series 6-4, including a 2020 win in Tallahassee (the most-recent matchup).

A win today and FSU clinches a spot in the ACC championship game.

So far this season, FSU opponents are completing just 49.4% of their passes, best in the FBS.

Last week, Jordan Travis eclipsed 10,000 total yards in his career (8,068 passing; 1,979 rushing). He has thrown a TD in 20 straight games.

LINE: FSU favored by 21.5

Weather Report: Mostly cloudy, temps near 60 degrees, winds out of the SW around 7 mph, no chance of rain.

GO NOLES!

I’m not going to get pissy if we don’t jump all over them but this should be a blowout. Pitt has a one game anomaly against wake when their offense moved the ball. They put up less than 300 yards against ND and LVille.

Reactions: noleclone2
It appears that if Louisville wins today, they will also clinch a spot in the ACC championship game. (Virtually anyway, with UVa and Miami left on the conference schedule).

I’m not going to get pissy if we don’t jump all over them but this should be a blowout. Pitt has a one game anomaly against wake when their offense moved the ball. They put up less than 300 yards against ND and LVille.
Same but good test on focus of team with big Miami game next week. A lot of people like me this summer had Pitt circled as trap game with Miami next and Pitt a dark horse candidate to be a ACC champion contender preseason.

I have a feeling team has chip on shoulder and feels slighted, rightfully so, about fourth ranking when their resume is better than UGA and way way better than Michigan. We shall see. Hopefully not. Flatfooted BC performance.

Another factor is how fired up Pitt will be. Coach threw them under bus last postgame and many players on social media expressed their displeasure. In the world of NIL and transfer portal, a team can absolutely quit on a coach if season is a loss and they are going to leave…they don’t want to get injured.

It appears that if Louisville wins today, they will also clinch a spot in the ACC championship game. (Virtually anyway, with UVa and Miami left on the conference schedule).
Crazy thing is their opponent, that Virginia Tech team we handled with ease can go into the lead for second place if the pull upset. They quietly turned season around.

Crazy thing is their opponent, that Virginia Tech team we handled with ease can go into the lead for second place if the pull upset. They quietly turned season around.

Boston College has also righted their course. They're on a five game win streak and are already bowl eligible. If they win out it might help our SOS with The Committee, and make that close game against them not so surprising.

I’d still like to see Norvell coach this one close to the vest with the 4th downs and just make Pitt drive the length of the field if we’re between the 40’s. Next week he can go all out for all I care.

Arkansas just went 75 yards for opening TD against UF at UF.
brooklyn-nine-nine-hot-damn-n7z9x0phmervfx7z.gif

Florida's first offensive play Arkansas rips the ball away from Pearsall and returns it for a touchdown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT