ADVERTISEMENT

********Official Illinois vs. Iowa Game Thread********

You guys know how basketball works? There's no help defense rotating over when Woody hedges, not his fault

Being slow is not his fault but using woody to hedge so much might be Fran's fault. Wanger in

Reactions: Ree4
Fran needs to stop with the over-hedging on the ball screens. There is a reason whomever Woody is guarding is setting that screen. He can't get back to the lane in time, causing the need for help, leading to open 3s.

Reactions: TDJ7 and Ree4
5 Hakweyes, 1 Illini. Illini still get the rebound. That tells you a lot.

Fran needs to stop with the over-hedging on the ball screens. There is a reason whomever Woody is guarding is setting that screen. He can't get back to the lane in time, causing the need for help, leading to open 3s.
woody has become too complacent on the hedge. he goes too high too quick. the times he got burnt diving back to his man, he didn't have his hands up. cheating too much and lazy on recovery is a bad combo agains pick and roll.

Just some jitters. Illinois has already played a game. I'm confident that the Hawks will calm down and start playing better basketball.

Reactions: ChiHawk1985
Clemmons, Williams, Baer, Woody on the floor. who the hell is gonna score?

Now I see why they have to play so much zone. With Woodbury on the floor they have no prayer against a pick a roll.

God this is boring basketball. Illannoy isn't even playing well. Both teams just look flat out bad.

Wisconsin wins National Championship this year if Uthoff stays.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised by this, but it gets old seeing Iowa dominated by underwhelming talent like Morgan and Finke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT