ADVERTISEMENT

********Official Illinois vs. Iowa Game Thread********

No matter the sport Iowa plays to their competition. It is frustratingly old.

There is no way a bunch of seniors can allow a team to play like this at the end of their senior season.

Rebound the ****ing ball. Act like you want to be playing. Pretend this game matters. Show any kind of enthusiasm. This team clearly has packed it in for the year. It is sad.

How many other top 25 teams start 3 people that can't score other than open layups? It's too easy to defend right now when Woody won't even look at the hoop and Gassell and Clemmons can't shoot.

This is pitiful. But then again just like we've been playing for 6-8 wks.
Lame performance.

I wouldn't want to play Augustana right now, let alone an NCAA tournament team! This team will be done very quickly in the tournament!

I think Williams should go back in. He's provided a spark in previous games, and Clemmons isn't having a very good game.

Also, while Illinois hasn't been fantastic, their ball movement has been solid

It is ok- Illinois was really coming on at the end of the year- we knew this would be tough one

Our zone defense is garbage. Throw it in the scrap heap and never use it again.

Is anyone going to play defense in the paint? Let's double and hedge then not rotate and leave guys open right underneath the basket.

Nobody but JU can make a shot. Jok cant even get one off. Haven't seen us play this poor of defense in a while. Literally giving away points in the paint.

Sleepwalking in all facets of the game. Offense is settling. Defense is porous

Nobody want to freaking shoot the damn ball. You have an opening your a Big ten player and have played ball your whole lives shoot when your open.. they are playing scared. NO confidence. Why does every team we play have some nobody that just goes off for 20?? crap.

After going to the B1G championship FB game in Indy, I remember thinking how great it would be to go experience the basketball tournament for a few days. At this rate, glad I didn't spend the money and go.

Reactions: anon_snp6dc585nnj4
How many other top 25 teams start 3 people that can't score other than open layups? It's too easy to defend right now when Woody won't even look at the hoop and Gassell and Clemmons can't shoot.

Um... we can't make open layups either (except Uthoff).

Mike MUST be a threat to make that shot, just like that. Will open up a lot of other things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT