ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Indiana Fever at Seattle Storm Game Thread*****

I've got CC fatigue already in the WNBA! It might be because it's a continuation of the college season, but her daily coverage might become a negative for the league. I'm sure she will have a great career, but the over-saturation of CC news is a little much for me. The Fever are a draft away from being a good team, but I've seen and heard enough for this season. A box-score every day is enough for me. I'll be looking forward to seeing the new look Hawkeyes next season for a fresh start! :)

I've got CC fatigue already in the WNBA! It might be because it's a continuation of the college season, but her daily coverage might become a negative for the league. I'm sure she will have a great career, but the over-saturation of CC news is a little much for me. The Fever are a draft away from being a good team, but I've seen and heard enough for this season. A box-score every day is enough for me. I'll be looking forward to seeing the new look Hawkeyes next season for a fresh start! :)

You're not going to miss Caitlin vs Kate/Megan...are you? ;)

Sat May 25, Fever @ Aces, 8:00 p.m. CT Tip

Reactions: amahawk
Overall the Fever shot just 43% overall and 27% from 3.
2-7 (29%) overall and 0-2 (0%) from three: Aliyah Boston
5-17 (29%) overall and 2-7 (29%) from three: Kelsey Mitchell
6-16 (38%) overall and 2-8 (25%) from three: Caitlin Clark

Caitlin:

2-8 (25%) from 3
4-8 (50%) from 2
6-16 (38%) overall shooting

7-9 (78%) FTs

21 points

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
You're not going to miss Caitlin vs Kate/Megan...are you? ;)

Sat May 25, Fever @ Aces, 8:00 p.m. CT Tip
I enjoyed the run, but I like to see new athletes come in and create a different chemistry. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much, but a different look every year.

Tonight Clark was +7. Fagbenle was +5. Boston was -18, by far the worst on the team.

Here are Boston's +/- stats so far this season.

Ouch GIF

The ignorance, racism & hate doesn't help grow the game; it just turns people off.

I mean, I try to avoid these kinds of threads and conversations, but the below comment in that social media post reflects my thoughts. This is the first time this century I can recall a loud claim that white privilege applies to basketball players... And I am not sure what "pretty privilege" she thinks applies. I have not seen one ad trying to sexualize Clark, and, I mean, she's not exactly cameron brink featured in a skims ad...

"Every white kid who played basketball in the 90’s wanted to be Michael Jordan. White Americans have zero issue celebrating black athletes. Some black Americans seem to have a major issue with white athletes getting celebrated."

On the play where Clark gets blocked and also hammered in the head, doesn't the NBA kinda let extra contact go if the block itself is clean?

Reactions: Moral
On the play where Clark gets blocked and also hammered in the head, doesn't the NBA kinda let extra contact go if the block itself is clean?
I'm no NBA expert, but don't they review those plays involving blows to the head, and they hand out flagrant fouls of a certain level regardless of what was called or not called on the floor?

Reactions: Moral
Caitlin's left hand may have brushed the Storm player before it met the ball along with her right hand ... and then Caitlin got primal!

Loved the agression! Not sure I've seen that defensive intensity before, including her Iowa days. Ima thinking had she not forcefully and completely ripped the ball away she would've been whistled the way this league works 🤷‍♂️.

I'm no NBA expert, but don't they review those plays involving blows to the head, and they hand out flagrant fouls of a certain level regardless of what was called or not called on the floor?
Lot of times the coach will have to use their review and challenge if it was a foul and then if it was foul and contact to the head refs will upgrade it

I disagree. Clark was moving and the pass was well behind her. That pass should've been 3 feet further to the left so Clark could catch and shoot in the small window she had. Her teammates are awful passers and rebounders, and her coach sucks too.

Meh, if we are going to consistently complain about the players, she’s passing to losing the ball then she certainly needs to share some of the blame on the other end.

It wasn’t a great pass and quite frankly it really wasn’t what I consider a great call, but she did lose the ball

Indy has a lot of things to figure out. Poor coaching, poor play by players, including not boxing out, not getting stops, and not playing the right way. Five games in, and I don't see much in the way of improvement. No chemistry, and I wonder if the roster construction is good. They have no "Identity." It's hot mess.

Well, let’s keep in mind. They lost their first two games by a combined 57 points… They’ve clearly gotten better.

The GM is going to do what? Lol.

The GM has drafted 2 number 1s that are the exact opposite of each other. She's going to have to figure out how to get rid of one without looking like an idiot. I don't see how Boston will ever be an up tempo player. As someone posted her +/- numbers are horrible.
The GM and Sides have to go but you know they'll both be there next year. Wonder who'll they'll make for their #1 pick next year?

Meh, if we are going to consistently complain about the players, she’s passing to losing the ball then she certainly needs to share some of the blame on the other end.

It wasn’t a great pass and quite frankly it really wasn’t what I consider a great call, but she did lose the ball
Good point ... but I'll quibble a little bit just the same! 😁

The possible difference is Caitlin often is on a full gallop while whistling a long bounce pass or lobbing it over multiple players. The receiving player needs to be ready to make a good effort even if the ball is slightly off, like perhaps the long bounce pass to Fagbenle the other night. Last night the inbounder was standing completely still, obviously, needing to make only a short routine pass.

I might conclude executing an on-target pass was an easier task than trying to field the pass that was thrown. So maybe 60/40 percent fault split between the inbounder and Caitlin? And btw, terrible design too, two players were waiting to gobble up any shot attempt. Frustrating.

/quibble

Reactions: cmhawks99
Hot take (I guess): Any rookie not named Caitlin Clark would have been sitting after going 2-10 and playing defense like Clark. Came through with some points, but still made a lot of mistakes and missed on a lot of open looks that she needs to make if she is ever going to transcend her criticism. If she plays marginally better, bringing the offense that got her drafted #1, the Fever wins by 10.

Sure, you could say that about the vets on the team as well, but they aren't expected to be the superstar. That is Clark. She'll get better and grow into the role. Meanwhile, people look silly when they are blind to her missteps and failures on the way.

She wasn't playing in those crunch time minutes because the Fever needed defenders on the court. Is what it is. She'll keep improving, and really needs to at this point.

• Haha
Reactions: DewHawk
Boston can pick but her only roll is around her waist

There's no excuse for the Fever to be this bad.

Returning players:

Kelsey Mitchell:...#2 overall pick in 2018
Nalyssa Smith:…..#2 overall pick in 2022
Aliyah Boston:..….#1 overall pick in 2023

Caitlin (3,951) & Kelsey (3,402) compiled 7,353 points in college and are the top 2 scorers in Big Ten history.

All of the listed stats are from the player’s previous season.

CAITLIN CLARK……..22 yrs old, 6’0”....31.6 pts, 7.4 rebs, 8.9 assts
KELSEY MITCHELL...28 yrs old, 5'8”.....18.2 pts, 1.6 rebs, 3.1 assts
NALYSSA SMITH…...23 yrs old, 6'4”.....15.5 pts, 9.2 rebs, 1.4 assts
ALIYAH BOSTON.…..22 yrs old, 6'5”.....14.5 pts, 8.4 rebs, 2.2 assts

The coach should be able to make things work, starting with these 4.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Hot take (I guess): Any rookie not named Caitlin Clark would have been sitting after going 2-10 and playing defense like Clark. Came through with some points, but still made a lot of mistakes and missed on a lot of open looks that she needs to make if she is ever going to transcend her criticism. If she plays marginally better, bringing the offense that got her drafted #1, the Fever wins by 10.

Sure, you could say that about the vets on the team as well, but they aren't expected to be the superstar. That is Clark. She'll get better and grow into the role. Meanwhile, people look silly when they are blind to her missteps and failures on the way.

She wasn't playing in those crunch time minutes because the Fever needed defenders on the court. Is what it is. She'll keep improving, and really needs to at this point.

21 - 7 - 7 with only 3 turnovers. She had a good game.

Maybe I can set up my account to auto-post “how the fvck they call that sh!t?” alternating with “JFC, you gotta call that!” about every two and a half minutes or so. That should keep everyone updated.
Just type in “It wasn’t a fair catch.”

Meh….Mitchell started 3-11 I believe & shes 5-8 and not the same rebounder or assist getter….

Don’t hear me wrong Caitlyn has plenty to improve on and I’ll say it again her defense is just flat lazy, but the thing is she IS Caitlyn Clark and she could score at any moment and she spreads the court just by being on it.

Reactions: citizenHawk
When they were young Caitlin Clark and Aliyah Boston each went to a Zoltar machine and asked it to make them play like Curry. Their wishes were granted - Caitlin plays like Steph and Aliyah plays like Eddy.

• Haha
Reactions: Tenacious E

Did you watch the game or is this based on a box score?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT