ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official IOWA at Rutgers Game Thread. 7:30 pm CT. BTN*****

In our last 2 games, which we won, we won the rebounding battle.

+4 (35-31) vs Indiana
+9 (40-31) at Minnesota.....granted, Minny had a depleted roster.

Right now ESPN has us projected as a 7 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

If we continue to do a better job on the glass, this team has a great chance not only tonight but of making the NCAA Tournament.

In our last 2 games, which we won, we won the rebounding battle.

+4 (35-31) vs Indiana
+9 (40-31) at Minnesota.....granted, Minny had a depleted roster.

Right now ESPN has us projected as a 7 seed in the NCAA Tournament.

If we continue to do a better job on the glass, this team has a great chance not only tonight but of making the NCAA Tournament.
Iowa doesn't have to be positive on the rebounds to win. They just can't get obliterated like they did against Illinois and Wisconsin. Those 2 games, and particularly the Illinois game were historically bad performances. I'm fairly certain that I have never seen a 27 rebound margin in any B1G game and I've watched several hundred over my lifetime.

The last 2 games had no bigs to speak of. Rutgers has a few and their guards like to hit the glass too. This should be a better test to see if the Hawks have made strides in this area or not. Especially on the road.

Iowa doesn't have to be positive on the rebounds to win. They just can't get obliterated like they did against Illinois and Wisconsin. Those 2 games, and particularly the Illinois game were historically bad performances. I'm fairly certain that I have never seen a 27 rebound margin in any B1G game and I've watched several hundred over my lifetime.

The last 2 games had no bigs to speak of. Rutgers has a few and their guards like to hit the glass too. This should be a better test to see if the Hawks have made strides in this area or not. Especially on the road.
Students are back so the RAC will be bringing it.

With 11:51 to go, Iowa led at Minny by 23 (63-40). Minny's 2-3 zone gave us fits for some reason and we settled for jump shots.

With 2:45 to go, Minny had cut the lead to 4 (72-68).

Iowa can't afford any letdowns tonight, on the road.

Jersey Mike's Arena (formerly known as the RAC) will probably be much more alive than the Barn was on Sunday (the Barn finally came to life with 8 minutes to go after Iowa's lead was cut to 13).

Iowa has won 6 of its last 7

Lets make it 7 of 8 tonight.

the Illinois game was actually worse. The rebounding margin was -29, resulting in 24 Illinois second chance points.

and i agree; that might be the worst rebounding margin in Iowa history.

the Illinois game was actually worse. The rebounding margin was -29, resulting in 24 Illinois second chance points.

and i agree; that might be the worst rebounding margin in Iowa history.
I just looked at ESPN and they show it as 28. 52-24. 😆 Stop being so negative Fran.

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Every game someone unexpected plays a very good game for the Hawkeyes. First we’ve got Keegan but last game Rebraca really stepped up, previously Kris had a great game… who you got tonight that jumps up and grabs the reins Josh O, Mulvey, Joe T ??? Thoughts before tipoff

Reactions: longliveCS40
Every game someone unexpected plays a very good game for the Hawkeyes. First we’ve got Keegan but last game Rebraca really stepped up, previously Kris had a great game… who you got tonight that jumps up and grabs the reins Josh O, Mulvey, Joe T ??? Thoughts before tipoff
Kris again if Fran gets him in there early and consistently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT