ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Iowa State @ IOWA Game Thread*****

Better than it used to look like

4e52c3dd91ab0.image.jpg

It's a win. An ugly piece of trash. But a win.
Now, figure out what to do about that poor looking offense and move on to next week.

I loved it! Not sure what you have as an alternative. Pretty sure nothing - except to bitch for the sake of bitching.

It isn't unreasonable to hope for a functioning offense. Or to expect the coach to challenge what was an obviously-horrible spot. Or even a team that realizes the play clock starts after a kickoff as soon as the refs spot the ball.
The defense was sensational. The O line was decent and actually good down the stretch. I just wish the coaches would give the players a chance to succeed. But if 100th-ranked offenses are OK, you should be delighted.

I loved it! Not sure what you have as an alternative. Pretty sure nothing - except to bitch for the sake of bitching.

Well the goal is to win National Title and B1G title, so far good enough. Probably need more offense than we showed vs ISU, so there is reason to bitch.

The crow tastes mighty fine. The offense was inept but the defense was certainly stout today. Very proud of the way the D contained Montgomery as that made ISU one dimensional in their attack. Stanley’s short to intermediate passing game needs a lot of work but he has really nice touch throwing it long. We should probably gameplan to his strengths and send the TE’s vertical more often.

It isn't unreasonable to hope for a functioning offense. Or to expect the coach to challenge what was an obviously-horrible spot. Or even a team that realizes the play clock starts after a kickoff as soon as the refs spot the ball.
The defense was sensational. The O line was decent and actually good down the stretch. I just wish the coaches would give the players a chance to succeed. But if 100th-ranked offenses are OK, you should be delighted.
I still don't understand your original comment to kill the Iowa / ISU game. Do you have something better in mind? Let us all hear your great plan! I enjoy this game, and it makes for a great discussion. I asked this before and you commented on the game today? Sorry it did not go your way?

I still don't understand your original comment to kill the Iowa / ISU game. Do you have something better in mind? Let us all hear your great plan! I enjoy this game, and it makes for a great discussion. I asked this before and you commented on the game today? Sorry it did not go your way?

The way I wanted? Like many people have said on here-I feel no joy over beating a weak-ass team, only relief. Give me a home and home against Colorado or any ACC team.

I actually think your analysis is not far off, with the exception that while the bold text has been true most years, I actually believe ISU has a strong defensive line this year and with quality depth which is a first in a long time. I don't think that stops Iowa from using the two tight-end sets and trying to pound the ball, but I don't expect this to be a year where the ISU defensive line is overwhelmed by the Iowa offensive line or completely worn out half way through the second half. We shall see. I do believe the disparity between the ISU offensive line and Iowa defensive line is larger in Iowa's favor. Besides turnovers, I believe the story of the game will be told if the ISU Oline can give Kempt any time to throw and if they have even modest success in the run game. No, then Iowa wins. Yes, then ISU has a shot.

This was about how it played out. I was actually pleased with the play of the ISU defense, but the Iowa DL play was simply dominant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT