ADVERTISEMENT

**** OFFICIAL IOWA VS. GONZAGA GAME DAY THREAD ****

Gesell your best player thus far. same with this Clemens fellow. He may hve a quickness advantage vs Pangos.

As i've said ad naseum, this will come down to final possession. Have I been wrong this far?

We need Wiltjer to win yet he's on bench.

Could be it boyz. I thought we were going to keep it close by half, but the Zag run killed us.

embarassed.r191677.gif

This is flat out embarrassing. We are going to get beat by 40. They might just put up 100 on us tonight.

Wow, Woody can't figure out the pick and roll.

Do we not have anyone following their shots in? N rebounders under the hoop.

There's a reason they're 32-2 and the best shooting offense in the nation. The Bulldogs are good and basically playing at home. Hawks look super tight, missing almost everything, including lay ups.

The only thing I really don't understand on this team is Woodys offensive game. Is his range limited to 5 feet? Not a single post up move? Not asking for much here....

Lol enjoy not shooting that well in the 2nd half Gonzaga. Deal with it.

White needs to start finishing those frickin layups though..............

Ah well, I wondered which Iowa Team would show up tonight and it turns out it is the one that can't shoot baskets. Pretty sure that won't change much in the 2nd half.

The common denominator for opponents' three point shoring is Iowa'trap defense. Good teams will abuse the half court trap. It stretches out the defense leaving either shooters open or post players open for layups. Hopefully Fran gives up on that at half.

This post was edited on 3/22 7:02 PM by CP84 2.0

Round of 64 vs. NDSU:

7-22 from three. 31.8%
30-58 from field. 51.7%

Tonight:

7-10 from three. 70%
18-29 from field. 62.1%

Already made as many threes as they did last game.

Come on. North Dakota Freakin' State pushed them to the limit. Hawks need to man up and quit spectating.

It was fun while it lasted fellas, I was hoping for a closer game than this. It sucks, this one reminds me of Tayshawn Prince when Iowa played them in the 7/2 game back in the day. Iowa's never had any luck vs these higher seeds in the NCAA tournament it seems.

Zags are just plain freaking good. Remind me of Whiskey. That said , I hate them. Lol

Originally posted by MepoDawg#:
Why are Woody and Gabe even leaving the lane. No point.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Yeah and it takes away an extra rebounder. We're not even following shots anymore. Not gonna win the f***ing game if we keep doing that and going one and done.

Guess it comes down to whether they want to commit or not. Oh well.

A win was a long shot, but sure was hoping for more than this.
Hope White gets it going in the second half so at least his career can end in a better way.

Originally posted by disgrig:
Come on. North Dakota Freakin' State pushed them to the limit. Hawks need to man up and quit spectating.
Seems like that first game is always the toughest for a lot of higher seeds in the NCAA tournament

That pick and roll is on the coach. need to tell the center stay home. THey scouted us well and are abusing it. If gessel could shoot a frickin three. Man you watch every other team in the tourney they rain in three's. We got out coached in the first half period. Hopefully they'll come down to earth on their three point shooting.

Originally posted by IowaHawkeyeFBnBB4Life:
This one is over...
seems like it. Feels like the game we lost a Kohl Center to Wisconsin. This is embarrassing day.

If Gonzaga really can shoot this well from 3pt range, plus they have inside game...they are right up there with Wisconsin. They totally have outclassed this Iowa team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT