ADVERTISEMENT

*****Official Northwestern @ IOWA Game Thread****

Nebraska has put up over 450 yards of offense in their last 7 games. Our defense plays borderline lights out and we still lose. We had 2 interceptions that gave the offense the ball around midfield and scored neither time. The offense is embarrassing and you can only ask so much of the defense and special teams (who were also solid today)

Defense and special teams were solid today? By whose standards? ST:worst punting display you will see from a college punter. Bad snap on a very makeable FG. Defense gives up over 5 YPC to a bottom-5 in the nation rushing team. Right CB gives up another TD to a nobody.
ISM and Hock were the only players on the field that looked like they belonged on a P5 roster today.

Reactions: IaHawk41
Defense and special teams were solid today? By whose standards? ST:worst punting display you will see from a college punter. Bad snap on a very makeable FG. Defense gives up over 5 YPC to a bottom-5 in the nation rushing team. Right CB gives up another TD to a nobody.
ISM and Hock were the only players on the field that looked like they belonged on a P5 roster today.
…, and Gino..

More entertaining -
the game we just watched
or
this thread
????????????????????

Considering that game was pretty pathetic........

This thread sure has gotten entertaining though. Me thinks greenelite is going to regret drunk posting tomorrow.

Mark Weismann played over Akrum Wadley, Jordan Canzeri, and LeShun Daniels. Mic dropped.
Well, pick your mic back up homer. Weismann and Canzeri did a little 'thunder and lightning' Weismann's senior year and Weismann scored 16 TDs. Wadley was a fumbling freshman and Daniels was hurt half the year and wasn't developed yet. Daniels got a lot better in his last couple years. You can't be dumb enough to think race had anything to do with it?

Want to see a real coach, watch Sabin put in his backup at halftime over his proven starter in the national championship game last year.
We won't even try a backup in a basically meaningless game where our starter sucks game after game . Lol

Maybe you'd have a point if they weren't in the same class. What's your next excuse for this card-carrying racist?
He goes with his starters to the point of idiocy . We've seen the movie a hundred times. Nothing to do with racism .

Oh, it must have been Weismann's overwhelming talent that kept them off the field. Got it. Weismann was a sorry ass excuse for a D1 runningback and ONLY THIS FAN BASE would defend that. Weismann on the field because he kicked Adam Robinson off the team for a minor mistake. You're all a bunch of cracka ass crackas.
Yeah, that's what happened, lol. How do you know what color my skin is? Sleep it off. You're really making a total fool of yourself.

Oh, it must have been Weismann's overwhelming talent that kept them off the field. Got it. Weismann was a sorry ass excuse for a D1 runningback and ONLY THIS FAN BASE would defend that. Weismann on the field because he kicked Adam Robinson off the team for a minor mistake. You're all a bunch of cracka ass crackas.

And you are worried about racism??? You are the obvious racist and are too stupid to even understand how racist your posts are.

Brilliant .... a racist that is worried about racism ....

Reactions: Ski
Ferentz blackballed DJK from the NFL. Doyle made him run around with a garbage can on his head. If he's done that to a white athlete, I'll eat my hat. DJK also implied that KF was behind what got him arrested. I'm sure that would have made a juicy chapter in his book and Ferentz is lucky that he didn't go public with the details.

Yeah, Kirk Ferentz ... a rampant racist .... keep writing your fiction novel

Answer the damn question. Why was Shada the starter in the first place?
Get off my ass dude, I'm just as pissed about him playing the wrong players as you are.
See Seargeant over ikm and Young .It's some kind of freaking I like him better so he plays. It's bs .
I'm on your side.

Answer = Because he was white. No other explanation. Godfrey went on to an 8 year NFL career while Shada was out selling Advocare or tanning beds.

The defense can give up as many yards as they want if they aren’t giving up points and are, at least some times, giving the offense the ball in decent territory. The NW touchdown catch was a great grab placed in a spot that only the NW player could have caught it. OJ was right there. Sometimes you tip your cap to a player making a great play.

Miguel Recinos made a long field goal in very tough conditions, IS-M was electric in kick return, punting could have been better but was never costly, and punt return didn’t make any errors. The missed field goal didn’t even make a difference and wouldn’t have been enough to win. It was ultimately a collective offensive fail yet again that lost it

FYI ... that bottom feeder running game is now lead by a legit true freshman that did to Iowa what he did to Notre Dame and Wisconsin the last couple of weeks. And that nobody WR you speak of made a spectacular catch against better than good coverage. You won’t see a more insane play on the ball by a WR anywhere ... at any level.

Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the way.

GOUNUII

Reactions: unoHawkeye
Okay, dialing back the name-calling and virtue-signalling.

There are topics worth discussing.
1) name another coach who could put his fist thru a wall while losing it against refs in the booth and keep his job under Kirk?
2) name another player who could be busted twice as a freshman at Iowa and still end up a 3yr starter?
3) Vandeberg was well liked and another in a long line of "feel-good" small town stories, but Willies had more talent; more size; more speed; more immaturity; more swagger and more ego. He needed a mentor and at least the same chance Vandy got to show what he could do.

Do I think KF is a bigot? No. But he does have tunnel-vision and a blind spot where nepotism is concerned. Do I think he should be let go for those reasons? No. He should get the Tom Davis treatment and announce his retirement before he ends up leaving Iowa on the same note that Hayden Fry did. No reason to risk all the good-will he enjoys by doing what JoePa did . . . stay too long.

This "playing not to lose" shit is really getting old.
I dont think it was playing not to lose as it was just running plays to get the game over, with no concern about the score.
I just don’t understand how a talent like Fant can be thrown to once in an entire game. One target, one catch, zero yards. He’s an idiot if he doesn’t leave, either to the nfl or to another school.

Reactions: HawkInArk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT