ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official Pittsburgh @ Iowa Game Thread***

Well Narduzzi has appeared to bring the dirty play with him from East Lansing. That shot on Smith on the no call was ridiculous.

Reactions: dbq hawk 32
Well earned touchdown! Glad that drive took a huge chunk out of the clock too.

Whether we are playing well, or when we are struggling...it just seems like we are fighting harder, competing harder. More emotion maybe. It's something.

Reactions: desihawk
You can tell Narduzzi was Mich St's defensive coordinator. It's a philosophy thing with him. Hit hard, hit high, eat the 15 yarder to knock someone out of a game.

Wow. I just came on here and read this. I just txt my brother who is at the game. The targeted head shots from Pitt is really noticeable. I don't usually gripe about that sort of thing because football is a man's game but I've been appalled at the amount of head shots Pitt has been taking so far.

The officials need an earful about that at halftime. That and the blatant PI calls they are missing. You can't just blast a receiver as he runs down the field. I've seen that twice so far.

Reactions: naturalmwa
When CJ gets the pass away, they come with elbow shots to the head. Pitts D is tough...but they must have watched some Miami film or something.

Wow. I just came on here and read this. I just txt my brother who is at the game. The targeted head shots from Pitt is really noticeable. I don't usually gripe about that sort of thing because football is a man's game but I've been appalled at the amount of head shots Pitt has been taking so far.

The officials need an earful about that at halftime. That and the blatant PI calls they are missing. You can't just blast a receiver as he runs down the field. I've seen that twice so far.

It's so blatantly obvious it's disgusting. I understand being physical on defense, but the head hunting is so gross to me. I had a severe concussion playing football that knocked me out for about 6 months. I'm sensitive to the issue because of it, and when I see consistent head hunting out of teams coached by an individual it really pisses me off. Completely outside the spirit of competition and respect for your opponent.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Thanks Davis for changing up and getting the ball in the middle of the field. Let them blitz all night, middle will be wide open!

It's so blatantly obvious it's disgusting. I understand being physical on defense, but the head hunting is so gross to me. I had a severe concussion playing football that knocked me out for about 6 months. I'm sensitive to the issue because of it, and when I see consistent head hunting out of teams coached by an individual it really pisses me off. Completely outside the spirit of competition and respect for your opponent.

Totally. To see this replicated at Pitt is evidence on Nardouchery. I would love for Iowa to survive this. Boyz2Men and all that...

I agree that Narduzzi teaches hitting high.

Where are the referees calling it, especially against the QB.

And where is the Iowa Coaching staff reminding the referees of this fact.

Guarantee you if the coaching staff had gotten on the refs, there would have been more called.

Hit on Vandeberg was targeting.

So Pitt found out about who was refereeing the game earlier in the week and knew they could get away with high hits so they game planned for it? Crazy stuff there.

Only people to blame here is refs not controlling it. Not Pitt.

CJ gutting this one out. Impressive. Hope team keeps its cool because narduzzi is trying to get reaction penalties.

I agree about the hits to the head. Looks a lot like what MSU did a lot under Narduzzi. I'm sure it's been mentioned in the thread, but the shot on CJ when they called the fumble was an obvious helmet to helmet blow. That has to be called, especially on a defenseless QB, of all people.

On another note, I love the TO called by Kirk with :04 left in the half. Keeping pressure in the opponent, not giving anything easy, and making them think. Even though MSU didn't punt it, we made their staff come up with something and didn't just let them head to the locker room. The coaching approach has definitely changed for the better this year.

Remember when Narduzzi was crying about an Iowa OL possibly leg-whipping on a goal line touchdown (I think that's what it was)? Well that piece of human garbage needs to shut his f***ing mouth.

Reactions: dbq hawk 32
I agree that Narduzzi teaches hitting high.

Where are the referees calling it, especially against the QB.

And where is the Iowa Coaching staff reminding the referees of this fact.

Guarantee you if the coaching staff had gotten on the refs, there would have been more called.

Hit on Vandeberg was targeting.

Luckily Vandebergs shoulder got in the way first. It looked like he had a shoulder stinger as opposed to getting knocked in the head. But still, the tackle was very high.

So Pitt found out about who was refereeing the game earlier in the week and knew they could get away with high hits so they game planned for it? Crazy stuff there.

Here's the problem, and it was consistent with Narduzzi at Mich St. His defenses will eat a 15 yarder to knock someone out of the game. If the refs don't call it? Even better.

If you're Pitt at this point, would you eat a 15 yard penalty to knock CJ out of the game? If you're a douchebag like Narduzzi you will.

. Even though MSU didn't punt it, we made their staff come up with something and didn't just let them head to the locker room. The coaching approach has definitely changed for the better this year.
I have been 1 of the many not on the Ferentz bandwagon the last few years but I completely agree. I may not always agree with his calls or the timing of them, but I love his approach this year. Kudos to the Captain.

Remember when Narduzzi was crying about an Iowa OL possibly leg-whipping on a goal line touchdown (I think that's what it was)? Well that piece of human garbage needs to shut his f***ing mouth.
If the refs aren't going to call it, that is the coaching staffs job to let them know about it.

I would blame the officials. There was blatant pass INT in redzone and the blown call on Beathard sack and more importantly, missed targeting call. All that said, if King has had great game and CJ is really gutting it out...some signs of life in run game with Canzeri.

If the refs aren't going to call it, that is the coaching staffs job to let them know about it.
You don't think they let them know about it? Come on, of course they do.

Its funny, Iowa hasn't changed much really... just executing and players making plays...

In case anyone is wondering, Beliema trailing by 11 in 4th quarter to Texas Tech.

No way bud. This is coached behavior. Ever been on a college football team? Yeah, you can see this type of play a mile away. It's a coached culture in the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT