ADVERTISEMENT

*****OFFICIAL TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL THREAD*****

Huh? Your 2nd sentence only holds true for the 33% (maga), and I have no idea what your 3rd sentence is supposed to mean.
Sorry, (2nd sentence) I really don’t think a felony conviction changes the electorate. (3rd sentence) people will think this was a kangaroo court run by the Biden DOJ

Reactions: Bishop-71
Jesse was right in some aspects of the comparison. Trump and King Kong are both obese, crap themselves, and grope women
Hey, Kong was strong... Trump is a saggy, jiggly man with a pair of orangutan tiddies.

3283200337_4baaedea2b_z.jpg

FH4apPGXIAUW4jj.jpg:large

• Wow
Reactions: Joes Place
I don't necessarily believe those particular polls. His followers have shown time and again that they don't care how ethically or morally flawed he is. Nor do they believe he's ever done anything wrong regardless of evidence to the contrary. Cognitive disonance has become a trademark of his support. Many of them are simply unwilling to admit this to pollsters.
His followers don't matter. They are a baked in 35% or so of the electorate and would vote him even if he sprouted demon horns and drank the blood of a baby on live television.

It matters among independents and the not-small number of voters who don't start paying attention until later in the election cycle.

Reactions: McLovin32
In a lot of ways our democracy is already over. It one side is willing to shred our democracy to let a criminal dictator become president then really there's not much coming back from that.

hey...to be fair...trump supporters have always been very clear that no politician or government official should ever be subject to criminal prosecution

Green Light for Biden to kill off 5 Justices he doesn't like and replace them, then pardon himself.

Easy-Peasy.
no it can't be because he doesn't like them

it has to be an "official act"...so some kind of policy dispute/difference ought to do it

So this analysis is submitted by Kyle Becker. The same who is a writer and producer for Fox News' #1 cable primetime show Hannity ?

Ill stick to listening to the lawyers who have presented cases to the Supreme Court and teach law vs worrying about what a self appointed news CEO with an International Studies degree thinks the Supreme Court will decide.

PS, that international studies degree is from Iowa, so..... you people are also to blame for this. :)

Last edited:
Peckers back in court today. His testimony so far has been damning. At this point, though, I don't see why Trump's lawyers can't argue that the crimes don't matter because Trump is king so can do whatever he wants.
Trumps lawyers are on thin ice with the judge as it is, I don't think that bringing a meritless argument that only works in the court of public opinion would be a good idea for them.

Also Trumps lawyers: Hold my beer!

Politicians are sleazy. Imagine that.

The ex-publisher of the National Enquirer tabloid testified during former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial Thursday that in the run-up to Rahm Emanuel’s first run for Chicago mayor, the publisher helped quash a story about an alleged affair Emanuel had.

David Pecker, who has had a long relationship with Emanuel and has contributed tens of thousands of dollars to his political campaigns over the years, testified he paid $20,000 for a story about an alleged Emanuel affair before Emanuel’s Chicago mayoral campaign kicked off in 2010, according to testimony reported by Politico.

The Enquirer then did not report on the allegations, effectively preventing them from becoming public, according to the Politico report.

Pecker testified he had a relationship with Emanuel’s brother, Ari, a well-known Hollywood talent agent, and had worked with him to buy stories about celebrities and suppress them, a process known as “catch-and-kill,” according to Politico.

Politicians are sleazy. Imagine that.

The ex-publisher of the National Enquirer tabloid testified during former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial Thursday that in the run-up to Rahm Emanuel’s first run for Chicago mayor, the publisher helped quash a story about an alleged affair Emanuel had.

David Pecker, who has had a long relationship with Emanuel and has contributed tens of thousands of dollars to his political campaigns over the years, testified he paid $20,000 for a story about an alleged Emanuel affair before Emanuel’s Chicago mayoral campaign kicked off in 2010, according to testimony reported by Politico.

The Enquirer then did not report on the allegations, effectively preventing them from becoming public, according to the Politico report.

Pecker testified he had a relationship with Emanuel’s brother, Ari, a well-known Hollywood talent agent, and had worked with him to buy stories about celebrities and suppress them, a process known as “catch-and-kill,” according to Politico.

Well shit. And here I was planning to vote Rahm for President. I guess I will just have to vote for orange man since they are all sleazy.

Guess what. Just because you don't think your hero didn't commit crimes, doesn't make it so. Let us know when New York contacts you to rewrite their laws.

There's no clarity in the indictment about the additional crime that was committed that's needed to elevate the misdemeanor to a felony. It's assumed the crime is election reporting problems.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
There's no clarity in the indictment about the additional crime that was committed that's needed to elevate the misdemeanor to a felony. It's assumed the crime is election reporting problems.
It's assumed that Trump committed financial fraud in connection to the election. You may not like that this is a felony because you're voting Trump. But here we are.

It's assumed that Trump committed financial fraud in connection to the election. You may not like that this is a felony because you're voting Trump. But here we are.
First, I really don't have any emotional investment in this case. My comment is strictly about the legal process.

Second, I haven't ever voted for Trump, and won't be voting for Trump.

Third, if all of your assumptions are as faulty as those embedded in your posts, you have way more worries than I do.

If Donald Trump weren’t on the ballot, I would leave it blank.

Unfortunately, I have a moral obligation to vote for the candidate with the best chance to beat Trump.

Any decent American with an ounce of integrity does too.
Neither one is qualified to call Bingo games at the local residential care facility.

Go ahead and claim your moral victory by choosing one over the other; it’s a fool’s errand.

Neither one is qualified to call Bingo games at the local residential care facility.

Go ahead and claim your moral victory by choosing one over the other; it’s a fool’s errand.
Normally, I would agree. But this is an extraordinary situation. Biden drooling into a bib and shitting himself is still a 1,000 x preferable, and a lot less dangerous, than another Trump presidency.

I see your point, but damn, if he gets convicted on what most are considering to be the weakest case, surely the remaining cases will be even more difficult for him. I'm sure they'll be dragged out and may not happen before the election, but if a majority of the country votes for a convicted felon, perhaps it's time to just scrap this 250 year old social experiment?
That's what Republicans want us to do. Scrap it all and they take complete power following directions of white evangelicals.

Reactions: torbee and lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT