ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma football player Spencer Jones gets his ass beat in

Exactly. MMA has grown quite a bit and a bunch of people train in jiujitsu, Thai Boxing, Krav Maga or combination of martial arts. Best to just avoid fights all together. It usually isn't worth it. Doesn't mean you should let someone bully you, but generally just walking away is smarter and better. Keep the testosterone under control.

I don't even understand the mentality of people who pick fights like that. I mean are they just doing it because they think they can push around someone due to them being smaller?

I mean the fact that these guys are smaller than them doesn't escape my notice.

I think the OU guys got what they deserved but I dont think it's accurate to say they had no other options.

The OU guys are on the side toward the stalls and urinals so these guys likely had an exit they could have walked out of without incident. More accurate would be to say they were left no other options that they felt wouldn't have made them look like pussies.

I would agree with that, they could have walked about but it feels like that's sort of what these guys wanted.

Seems like they ultimately just tried to bully the wrong guys

According to The Daily, Woodrow Glass, who is serving as the Jones family's legal representation, said that Jones was "lucky that he didn't lose his eye altogether" as a result of the incident and has since undergone surgery performed by Norman-based surgeon Dr. Perry Brooks. Glass added that Jones was trying to de-escalate the situation before the brawl ultimately broke out between him and several other individuals.

Trying to "de-escalate"? Either this attorney is a complete idiot or Spencer really really sucks at "de-escalating"

(Or both)

You de-escalate by grabbing your friend and telling him to shut the f uck up and you leave.

I don't even understand the mentality of people who pick fights like that. I mean are they just doing it because they think they can push around someone due to them being smaller?

I mean the fact that these guys are smaller than them doesn't escape my notice.

I would agree with that, they could have walked about but it feels like that's sort of what these guys wanted.

Which is why they are all likely douches.

Reactions: blhawk and torbee
Doesn't look like a particularly fun place to roll around either.
Some people like to get other peoples pee all over themselves
merlin_61527747.jpg

MMA / wrestling ...whatever. If you are going to pick a fight with a wrestler make damn sure that you connect real good. If it goes to the ground you could end up with a serious elbow/shoulder or knee/ankle injury. Kimara to belly down arm bar usually doesn't end well if the guy doesn't let go. Also rear naked will render you unconscious. Unfortunately alchohol fuelled guys don't know when to stop and it ends badly.

Reactions: ghost80
MMA / wrestling ...whatever. If you are going to pick a fight with a wrestler make damn sure that you connect real good. If it goes to the ground you could end up with a serious elbow/shoulder or knee/ankle injury. Kimara to belly down arm bar usually doesn't end well if the guy doesn't let go. Also rear naked will render you unconscious. Unfortunately alchohol fuelled guys don't know when to stop and it ends badly.
Not the kind of Pound Town action Ball Holder is used to getting.

Last edited:
How far would it have to go before it's self defense?

Seems to me that it would fit in the stand your ground self defense.

Granted the push wasn't much but if you combine that with the words spoken I think you have the picture that the people involved clearly wanted to fight
I believe self defense you can't go above what the attacker has done. Id say a shove isn't equal to almost losing an eye. But hey I'm sure you tards will try to set me straight.

I disagree here. . . If a guy has a gun to your face and you pull your gun and fire than you've officially exceeded what they did.

I think you have to consider all of the factors as to the clarity of the intentions of the people involved.

I think those two made their intentions very clear by their words, tone and actions.

I look forward to the MMA brothers getting arrested for assault. Good luck trying to claim self defense when all the other party did was shove your shoulder.

Shoving the shoulder was technically assault. Chalk it up to mutual combat and forget about it.

That was some awesome toxic masculinity. Really gets my juices flowing.

Yep........stand your ground , just without a gun in this instance.

Did I get that right, conservatives?

Reactions: ghost80
Seems to me that it would fit in the stand your ground self defense.

Granted the push wasn't much but if you combine that with the words spoken I think you have the picture that the people involved clearly wanted to fight

I disagree here. . . If a guy has a gun to your face and you pull your gun and fire than you've officially exceeded what they did.

I think you have to consider all of the factors as to the clarity of the intentions of the people involved.

I think those two made their intentions very clear by their words, tone and actions.
I agree with the stand your ground defense here, as the push is a deliberate and aggressive initiation of direct physical contact which assumes the intent to engage in a violent physical confrontation. It's like someone said earlier, "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing". Ball holder and pusher got what they deserved.

LOL of course. You guys really are stupid. No judge or jury would see the MMA bros as defending themselves after watching it all. A punch or shove back? Sure. Full on assault, choking, and breaking an eye socket isn't equal to a shoulder shove you idiots.

Reactions: beanerhawk

I had wrestlers on my floor at UNI freshman and sophomore year. Their first move was to get the guy on the ground immediately. It's all over after that. It didn't take this guy long to get Mr. Oklahoma on the ground. He was served a big batch of knuckle sandwiches.

You never know who can fight. If a guy is small and not backing down from a fight maybe consider why he doesn't seem intimidated. Maybe he'll get his ass beat and he's just a cocky douche. But maybe you are running into a guy that went to state wrestling at like 145 lbs for four years. Or maybe he's an MMA guy. But either way, there ain't a lot to gain. Either you beat up a guy smaller than you or you get your ass beat and look like a fool.

Also, that's a pretty nice bathroom.
Yep...I’ve always run under the assumption that I can get my ass kicked by just about everybody.

It’s served me well...never had my ass kicked.

Unless you count getting stuffed in a garbage can on freshman “kick day”....it was a thing in 1980

His buddy also got suplexed against the wall at the end. 'Twas a bad day for them.

I was wondering more about his status than the football player. Football player got a broken orbital bone. . . I presume from a punch. But the pusher hit the wall hard in the head and neck area.

LOL of course. You guys really are stupid. No judge or jury would see the MMA bros as defending themselves after watching it all. A punch or shove back? Sure. Full on assault, choking, and breaking an eye socket isn't equal to a shoulder shove you idiots.

Unless there is more that we havn't seen, the football player and his friends look like bullies here who unknowingly picked on the wrong guys. Juries and people in general don't typically like bullies. I'd be surprised if they got convicted of anything.

Plus there is the question of why the MMA fighter has a bloody nose before the fight happens.

I agree that the reaction may have been excessive, but at the same time it can be argued that once the first physical engagement was initiated by the pusher that the guy who got pushed had every right to subdue his assailants in order to ensure that the threat to his person was neutralized. I'm not saying I think that the kid deserve to almost lose his eye, and obviously we need more context than this video to determine the exact nature of the altercation, I'm just saying based on the stand your ground defense the kid had the right to defend himself after the push occurred, as this can be seen as a clear and direct engagement with the implication that a physical confrontation and/ or assault was eminent.

You seem like a well thought out, rational poster w/upper management written all over him.

I look forward to your enlightening contributions to this site.

Let me preface this with saying I would almost under no circumstances ever get in a fight at a bar or anywhere else. it would be the last resort. One in a million chance. With that said, we don't know what happened prior to filming. Once the melee started, the football player was continuing to fight back. If you are in control of someone who is fighting back, it could be a big mistake to just let him go while you're on the ground. I had more of a problem with the move at the end where his friend got his head smashed against the wall, and then kept punching when it looked the kid was literally KO'd.

Hmmm. A stupid person lets the other guy keep having a chance. A smart guy exerts enough force to make sure the other guy doesn't hit back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT