ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

Ronman

HR Legend
Jan 4, 2004
Planet Iowa
They may have a boatload of talented athletes, but how can they be the #5 team in the country with that defense. They have already given ISU twice the yardage they got against us and it is only the start of the 4th qtr.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Chicks dig offense
giphy.gif

Um, have you noticed how Oklahoma plays on the other side of the ball? That same ISU defense that shut down Iowa and limited them to 13 points is still giving up points as I speak. Oklahoma with 350 passing yards around 175 rushing yards and they have the ball right now moving to score more.

But, yeah, Oklahoma's defense sucks. But OU's D is probably still good enough to shut down Iowa's passing game so they'd wipe the floor with the Hawkeyes this year. Stanley hasn't thrown for over 200 passing yards in six games. If he can't today? I don't want to think about it, actually.

Um, have you noticed how Oklahoma plays on the other side of the ball? That same ISU defense that shut down Iowa and limited them to 13 points is still giving up points as I speak. Oklahoma with 350 passing yards around 175 rushing yards and they have the ball right now moving to score more.

But, yeah, Oklahoma's defense sucks. But OU's D is probably still good enough to shut down Iowa's passing game so they'd wipe the floor with the Hawkeyes this year. Stanley hasn't thrown for over 200 passing yards in six games. If he can't today? I don't want to think about it, actually.
Wipe the floor with us , I doubt it.
Very few teams ever wipe the floor with Iowa.

Oklahoma will NEVER win a NC playing defense like that. They truly look lime they shy away from contact.

Yeah I was watching how easy it's been for the Oklahoma offense out there today and wondering just how bad our offense must be. After our bowl record over the past 6-7 years I'm beginning to believe that the Iowa offense can't play offense against the rest of the country. We are lucky to be in the B1G West. The Big 12 may suck at D but the B1G West struggles at Offense. Many teams in the B1G win games with their D. The Big 12 wins games with their O.

Yeah I was watching how easy it's been for the Oklahoma offense out there today and wondering just how bad our offense must be. After our bowl record over the past 6-7 years I'm beginning to believe that the Iowa offense can't play offense against the rest of the country. We are lucky to be in the B1G West. The Big 12 may suck at D but the B1G West struggles at Offense.
I’ll give you that, our O definitely sucks.

okie has talent on the defensive side of the ball. But were unimpressive in execution, discipline, and team play. Their O is so outstanding, though, that they can get away with a mediocre D.

Reactions: CounterPoint
Right now there’s no question — our offense is poor. Inconsistent.

It will take a full year of development to get to a BTCG. I don’t know if we’re good enough at OG and WR to get it done.

Right now there’s no question — our offense is poor. Inconsistent.

It will take a full year of development to get to a BTCG. I don’t know if we’re good enough at OG and WR to get it done.

I thought it would be good to play Wisconsin early this year. However it looks like the O needs some time to develop. Wisconsin is much more polished on both sides of the ball right now. I could see this season being like 2008 where the offense gels during the second half of the season and the team becomes an above avg KF team, but a slow start prevents this team from reaching double digits in the win column.

Reactions: SDHawkDoc
They may have a boatload of talented athletes, but how can they be the #5 team in the country with that defense. They have already given ISU twice the yardage they got against us and it is only the start of the 4th qtr.
Or isu improved from game 1 to game 2. Isu would have won last weeks game if home game or isu 2nd game.

OU is a much better team than iowa, probably 14 points.

For all the criticism of big 12 d
1) defense is 1/3 of your team. The other 2/3 is offense and special teams.
2) pretty sure big 12 o, would light up vaunted big 10 d, ex ou 31-16 over osu in 2017. ;)

Yeah, but the Clones are the best 0-2 team in the country, so they've got that going for them.:p

Another gem from our friends at cyclone fanatic:

Yes.
Tough schedule, but we’re a canceled first game and an amazing performance from Murray from being 3-0.

Also, this team’s ceiling is higher with an experienced Noland. In a perfect world he starts in a win against SDSU, changes our game plan against Iowa, and is even better today after getting first team reps for 1.5 months.

Or isu improved from game 1 to game 2. Isu would have won last weeks game if home game or isu 2nd game.

2) pretty sure big 12 o, would light up vaunted big 10 d, ex ou 31-16 over osu in 2017. ;)
LOL, nothing like a good old moral victory to bring the cyclones out of the woodwork and resume posting here.

tenor.gif

You ISU fans are just plain idiots. You are 0-2 and threw the kitchen sink at Iowa to stop the run and couldn’t do it. Stop with the excuses and just GTFO.

Hahahahaha

Reactions: Franisdaman

Is there a column for Woulda Win's. Lol !!

WTF? Your team just lost and you are over here spouting your nonsense. Especially after losing to Iowa last week. Your opinions are worthless.

ISU crossed midfield once (barely) last week after the first drive.

Yeah, but the Clones are the best 0-2 team in the country, so they've got that going for them.:p

I'd lay money that if you go to CloneFanatic...there are numerous comments about how the cancelled opener cost them both the Iowa and Oklahoma games. That extra week would have made all the difference.

Typical ISU fans. Their "real" D was last week and their "real" O was this week. And but for the weather with the missed game they would be 3-0. I don't think pop warner kids miss more tackles than the Big 12. No wonder the Big 12 struggles to get people drafted. Still need to block and tackle everywhere but the Big 12. I mean that was atrocious. How about that ISU safety's shoulder tackle attempt on the Okie WR who then scored. That was embarrassing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT