ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

Oh shit my bad. Was only able to mustard. Sorry for the mistake. Yeah man Iowa really looked superior last weekend. 1 TD, and 2 dogs. Wow what a juggernaut performance from the Hawks. The 2.9 Yards per carry was spectacular to watch. I will honesty say Iowa has probably the 2nd best DL in the Nation behind only Clemson. If it was not for Iowas DL what else was there that helped win the game?

Everything. Simply put, Iowa is a far superior team to clown u. You are lucky our offense wasn’t clicking last week. Would have been ugly.

And if you had balls you’d be a man?

I am a Steelers fan and it irritates me to no end that NE has owned the Steelers seemingly forever now. I could say things like "if Ben hadn't thrown to the wrong team" or "if Belicheck didn't cheat" to assuage my disappointment. At the end of the day, NE has just been better. Same situation with Alabama. They have recruited the best players in CFB for the past decade and have built a system that is unmatched in the history of the sport. You obviously have some sort of pathetic hard-on for them. I personally am ambivalent concerning them. I respect them for their success but I don't root for them. Georgia played them a great game but Alabama won. Let me guess, you are one of the minions here bitter over OSU not getting in?

Or isu improved from game 1 to game 2. Isu would have won last weeks game if home game or isu 2nd game.

OU is a much better team than iowa, probably 14 points.

For all the criticism of big 12 d
1) defense is 1/3 of your team. The other 2/3 is offense and special teams.
2) pretty sure big 12 o, would light up vaunted big 10 d, ex ou 31-16 over osu in 2017. ;)

I guess Iowa should do the honorable thing then and forfeit our win versus Iowa State. Because it is not fair that we played Iowa State in our second game when it was their first game of the season.

I am a Steelers fan and it irritates me to no end that NE has owned the Steelers seemingly forever now. I could say things like "if Ben hadn't thrown to the wrong team" or "if Belicheck didn't cheat" to assuage my disappointment. At the end of the day, NE has just been better. Same situation with Alabama. They have recruited the best players in CFB for the past decade and have built a system that is unmatched in the history of the sport. You obviously have some sort of pathetic hard-on for them. I personally am ambivalent concerning them. I respect them for their success but I don't root for them. Georgia played them a great game but Alabama won. Let me guess, you are one of the minions here bitter over OSU not getting in?
Lol, a lot of stupid assumptions here. I don’t give a shit about most of what you just posted. My point stands, Oklahoma could have won that game. They were in no way inferior to Georgia. That’s my only point. Now, kindly gfy.

Joker - Let me get this straight. Under your logic, Okie almost beat Georgia and Georgia almost beat Alabama so therefore Okie could win the national championship. Faulty on 3 levels but I will entertain you. Um ISU beat Okie and Iowa beat ISU so hence Iowa is basically as close as Okie to winning the national championship. Well a couple assumptions removed and your transitive property analysis in place. Maybe ISU should worry about Akron and let the bog boys discuss conference and national championships.

He did indeed say mustard. Possibly the best want-of-be I have seen courtesy of a Clown fan who comes on an Iowa board and points out how bad an offense the team that owns his team has. So, if Iowa sucks so bad, how bad does the make the Clowns? In reality, Stanley didn't have any trouble throwing five TDs against them at their place last year. And neither of their all-world QBs could do jack squat against Iowa's defense this year.
Iowa's offense needs to be better for them to compete on the national stage. They made progress on that front last night, albeit against a weak opponent. I like their chances of improving their offense better than I like ISU's or Oklahoma's chances of developing a desire to hit or tackle anyone before the end of the season. I did not see one player on Oklahoma's defense I would trade for any of Iowa's two-deeps. They are literally the softest defense I have seen in 50 years of watching football. And the Clowns couldn't beat them at home.
Back to the WOB-change it to MUSTURD and we have the new title for the Clown fanbase.

Now this is excellent: a WOB of "want-of-bees".

Lol, a lot of stupid assumptions here. I don’t give a shit about most of what you just posted. My point stands, Oklahoma could have won that game. They were in no way inferior to Georgia. That’s my only point. Now, kindly gfy.

Why don't you do the world a favor and follow your avatar's lead, pussy? This place would smell a lot better.

Joker - Let me get this straight. Under your logic, Okie almost beat Georgia and Georgia almost beat Alabama so therefore Okie could win the national championship. Faulty on 3 levels but I will entertain you. Um ISU beat Okie and Iowa beat ISU so hence Iowa is basically as close as Okie to winning the national championship. Well a couple assumptions removed and your transitive property analysis in place. Maybe ISU should worry about Akron and let the bog boys discuss conference and national championships.
No, that’s your dumbass logic. If you don’t think either of those teams could have won then I think we’re done here. It’s my opinion.

Clone fans talking football smack is precious. Since you guys are hanging around here, for whatever reason, maybe you can help me with a little bit of trivia. Can you name the last decade in which ISU football had a .500 or better record?

Iowa has their chance and only mustard 1 TD against ISU last week

LOL. Sounds like the Clowns need to exercise some demons against the Hawks, who are a bunch of pre-Madonnas. I think they are a shoe-in for a victory next year.

They may have a boatload of talented athletes, but how can they be the #5 team in the country with that defense. They have already given ISU twice the yardage they got against us and it is only the start of the 4th qtr.

I watched part of it. Agree. Horrible defense, horrible tackling. Giving that much up to ISU's bad offense tells me that we'd probably hang 50 on that defense. And so it goes in the Big 12.

No, that’s your dumbass logic. If you don’t think either of those teams could have won then I think we’re done here. It’s my opinion.

So you are entitled to your opinion yet other people's opinions trigger your kind responses? Sounds fair.

I didn’t say Okie couldn’t win idiot. It was your inferential leaps that I was poking holes in. The Big 12’s clear problem is blocking and tackling. That is why they have so few kids drafted. They can get away with it in conference cause nobody blocks or tackles. I think OKie is very good but what I saw yesterday on their defense there is no way they can beat a similarly talented team that blocks and tackles. Until that gift interception at the end of the game that Motley guy from Okie looked like he was on he take.

Reactions: buchs
It's really a shame that Iowa and Iowa State don't play each others, so we'd know which team is better and we wouldn't have to spend all comparing schedules and other useless crap to try making a point.

I think you're preaching to the choir here, LC. Less than 24 hrs since the ISU-OK game and Cyclone fans have been all over this board, mostly talking smack about the weak B1G, since it's tough to talk smack about yourself when you're 0-2. They need to take your advice.

Oklahoma doesn't have as good a defensive line as Iowa. Not many teams do, IMHO. The linebackers and DBs are at least as good.

The two offenses simply aren't in the same universe.

Okie's secondary had some of the worst tacklers I've ever seen for a team that highly rated.

Reactions: buchs
Then they should be favored over you guys by 24+
I agree, isu improved in game 2
You are 0-2 and a pathetic poster so I suppose you can hang your hat on that.
Ya francis, you disappoint, i thought you were a fairly reasonable poster, not one of the tavern hawk, trailer park, high school dropout posters that i run into over here ;)

Good luck the rest of the season with the B1G west schedule and no michigan, mich state, or ohio state, wow ;)

Ya francis, you disappoint, i thought you were a fairly reasonable poster, not one of the tavern hawk, trailer park, high school dropout posters that i run into over here ;)

Good luck the rest of the season with the B1G west schedule and no michigan, mich state, or ohio state, wow ;)
Not everybody gets to play Incarnate Word and suspended players. Too bad we couldn't just settle the game on the field.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Then they should be favored over you guys by 24+
I agree, isu improved in game 2
You are 0-2 and a pathetic poster so I suppose you can hang your hat on that.

Before the season, I was really questioning all the hype coming from the Peterson/Williams media machine about the clone ‘lock down’ corners. What was I thinking?!!!!

They may have a boatload of talented athletes, but how can they be the #5 team in the country with that defense. They have already given ISU twice the yardage they got against us and it is only the start of the 4th qtr.
I don't know, but having a mobile QB and super talented receivers seems to be enough at this point. Against Alabama, it may not be enough.

Their QB is good with either feet planted or tucking and running. He is so poor throwing when flushed a good D would take a couple or three of those—and try to make him throw on the run...

As for that D and their tackling ability—turnstyles on ice skates...

Lol. Wut? When we actually play someone with a natiobal pedigree, we get our arse handed to us...and that includes the vaulted defense

yeah ask OSU how that went last year when they handed our rear to us...oh wait what..

This is not even close. The Big 12 is far better than the Big 10. The Big 10 may be the worst power 5 this year.

god ISU clowns are the dumbest in the world, if you really believe that you are dumber than a pile of dog crap.

It’s definitely down this year, but that honor goes to the PAC 12.
This ranks by conference divisions. If I find one just by conference, I'll post it.

CONFERENCE, CENTRAL MEAN, SIMPLE AVERAGE, TEAMS, WIN50%
1 SEC-WEST (A) = 84.88 84.46 ( 1) 7 84.64 ( 1)
2 BIG TEN-EAST (A) = 80.54 79.93 ( 2) 7 80.51 ( 2)
3 PAC-12(NORTH) (A) = 78.49 78.39 ( 4) 6 78.51 ( 4)
4 BIG 12 (A) = 78.48 78.86 ( 3) 10 78.71 ( 3)
5 ACC-ATLANTIC (A) = 77.29 78.29 ( 5) 7 77.96 ( 5)
6 SEC-EAST (A) = 76.07 76.68 ( 6) 7 76.32 ( 6)
7 ACC-COASTAL (A) = 75.98 76.19 ( 7) 7 76.12 ( 7)
8 PAC-12(SOUTH) (A) = 74.50 74.04 ( 9) 6 74.13 ( 8)
9 BIG TEN-WEST (A) = 73.79 74.29 ( 8) 7 74.05 ( 9)

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2018/conference/

Rank, Conference (Teams), All, Non-Conf, Index, Sos, Sos Rk
1 Southeastern (14) 32-9 (78%) 28-5 (85%) 31.74 53.92 3
2 Big 12 (10) 20-8 (71%) 19-7 (73%) 28.05 51.31 7
3 Pacific-12 (12) 24-12 (67%) 22-10 (69%) 27.80 51.62 6
4 Big Ten (14) 26-14 (65%) 24-12 (67%) 27.45 53.59 4
5 Atlantic Coast (14) 28-12 (70%) 24-8 (75%) 27.00 55.10 2

http://realtimerpi.com/college_football/ncaaf_conf_Men.html
What’s Big Ten record against Big 12 teams? I think it has to be pretty close, although I know how dominant the Big 12 can be against non-conference opponents.

What’s Big Ten record against Big 12 teams? I think it has to be pretty close, although I know how dominant the Big 12 can be against non-conference opponents.
Maryland beat Texas @ Landover
Iowa beat Iowa State @ Iowa City
Kansas beat Rutgers @ Lawrence
Ohio State beat TCU @ Arlington

All those results factor are factored in to the computer rankings.

I love me some computer games. They make them so realistic these days. I think I still prefer Techmo though. I especially liked having Bo Jackson (in original Techmo). They supposedly built his computer skill set to match his real life skill set, although I don’t think I ever remember Bo running a real life 2.4 40. That said, please carry on with your analysis, I’m sure you had a point to make.

Looks like your computer is broken then . Going 1-3 with your one inter conference win coming against arguably the worst P5 team ever isn’t compelling evidence that the B12 >B10.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT