ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic wrestling results

hahahahaha

it’s so impressive to watch him. Shane Sparks said he is a once in a lifetime heavyweight. I agree. Never seen anything like him. Time to watch two more beat dow
Can't be any different than some of the opposing teams football fans I've experienced attending away Hawk games.
very true. There are so many fans of Professional Wrestling, it could really boost our sport

Reactions: Sett1997
jordan-burroughs-reacts-after-being-beat-by-kyle-dake-in-their-74kg-picture-id1310676924

Dake's physique didn't look like this tonight. He looked like he was sucked down a weight.

Can't be any different than some of the opposing teams football fans I've experienced attending away Hawk games.
Freaking cops were heckling me and my son in Miami, he was 16 at the time.
We legit felt like we were in danger.
True story.

Don't attend @Raiders or @Dodgers games as an opposing fan.

Weight cut or not, somebody recently said excuses are for wusses. Everyone in the bracket made weight, too. It’s the Olympics. Second match he was way more aggressive than the first.
Only Dake knows for sure.

No way Dake suddenly was outclassed. We're talking about a 2x world champ and a guy that has arguably been the best p4p wrestler in the world since 2018.
He was on a 51 match win streak and teched or pinned 13 out of his last 20 opponents.

Nevermind his opponent's highest finish is 7th at worlds and 3rd at Ivan, both in 2017. He's certainly no pushover, but he ain't a world beater either.

Had Dake wrestled like that at the OTT we're watching JB instead.

I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but that's not right here.

Gable is only 21 smh. Crazy. Hope he wins gold since this is most likely it for him. With the two HW studs of the past decade getting old, and just having broke one, he could go on an insane run at HW. Even if he doesn’t win he could still be one of the best HWs ever if he stayed around. Sucks he’ll be doing goofy shit on wwe tv instead of destroying the HW division for the next decade.

Dake did look sucked down but with his style once he’s down 6-0 he knew it was damn near impossible for him to come back. He’s not amazing at taking guys down like DT or has a lace/top game like Spencer to rely on to come back. Sucks but that dude was ready for Dake body lock greco oriented offense. Almost like someone watched a little tape and made a game plan lol.
Hate to see anyone from usa lose tho.
Those Japanese wrestling sisters were almost too cute to not root for tho lol.

Reactions: el dub
Well, his technique flat out was bad tonight. Might work in Fargo where the physicality gap is huge and you can get away with it. But we’re talking trying it against a Dagestani, which is completely different. Dake is freaky strong, and tried to wrestle that way tonight. Meathead, mouth open double under hooks fall to your back and bridge isn’t world class technique. He got technically exposed.

Last edited:
Reactions: vhsalum
Well, his technique flat out was bad tonight. Might work in Fargo where the physicality gap is huge and you can get away with it. But we’re talking trying it against a Dagestani, which is completely different. Dake is freaky strong, and tried to wrestle that way tonight. Meathead, mouth open double under hooks fall to your back and bridge isn’t world class technique. He got technically exposed.
"Meathead, mouth open double under hooks fall to you back and bridge isn’t world class technique. He got technically exposed."

Haha hahahahaha hahaha good one!
I needed a laugh after a long day.

Reactions: pumpdog20
No way Dake suddenly was outclassed. We're talking about a 2x world champ and a guy that has arguably been the best p4p wrestler in the world since 2018.
He was on a 51 match win streak and teched or pinned 13 out of his last 20 opponents.

Nevermind his opponent's highest finish is 7th at worlds and 3rd at Ivan, both in 2017. He's certainly no pushover, but he ain't a world beater either.

Had Dake wrestled like that at the OTT we're watching JB instead.

I'm all for giving credit where credit is due, but that's not right here.
Maybe Dake overlooked this dude, which is a bad idea at The Olympics. IMO He got horsed where others might have tried to get out of it with minimal damage once Dake gets in there, but this guy countered him and horsed him, more than once. He got worked. Better have your A game in tow, and Dake didn't.

Everyone is tribalistic. People biasedly support their family, friends, local community, sports team, alma mater, country, etc. over groups they don't identify with.

What I find insane is choosing to place precedence of country above all so highly that you'd support an athlete from the opposing school (who has trash talked / disparaged your school and who for every other sporting competition you cheer against) over a Hawkeye who isn't American.

I don't follow the logic of that tribalism precedence hierarchy.
You’re half right. There’s not really any logic to either form of tribalism.

and in the interest of full disclosure, I’m a native Pennsylvanian who is fully self aware of the genetic hyperparochialism that affects those born in my state. But I’m recovering. You should try it.

Is it war? It's a sporting event. My sports team is the Iowa Hawkeyes. It's a no brainer, I'd root for a non american Hawkeye who goes on to compete in the Olympics for his home country over a PSU wrestler who has trash talked the hawks.
I tend to agree with this. There are plenty of athletes “representing” the US that I absolutely have no respect for and hope they lose.

Reactions: Mendoza77
Regarding Dake... he got outgameplanned. Period. and he made a bad situation worse when tried to scramble out after giving up 4.

That guy also has a win over Sidakov. Dake did not have a bad cut, he didn't wrestle "bad" - he freaking lost.

He has an amazing gut. I'm not sure why he freaked out the way he did.

Regarding Dake... he got outgameplanned. Period. and he made a bad situation worse when tried to scramble out after giving up 4.

That guy also has a win over Sidakov. Dake did not have a bad cut, he didn't wrestle "bad" - he freaking lost.

He has an amazing gut. I'm not sure why he freaked out the way he did.
At least he got pulled back in, will have a shot for bronze.

Helluva round for the U.S. Swept it. Here is looking at medals:

Gilman-Bronze
Dake-Possible Bronze
Taylor-Gold
Snyder-Great draw. Everybody who has beat him is on the other side. Have to figure at least a silver here.
GableDan-The way he is looking, gold.

Helen finishes with a bronze giving the ladies a 1,2,3 finish so far. I do believe Winchester got pulled back in.

and doesn’t come back to college.. ever. It’s not even close. I don’t like him.. at all. But god damn he is great and I cheer for him at the olympics.. Still think he is a prick.. A talented AF, smart prick
Apparently it's so weird you're rooting for Team USA, on an athlete that is on a rival team to Iowa.

Reactions: Boomhawk52
John John is priceless on the mic, heavy breathing and all. Country and city combine for a great listen for all of us.

Burroughs isn’t really “City”. His hometown is smaller than Dubuque and not a suburb of a metro. Smith’s hometown is about the size of marshalltown for reference.

I think it’s just Smith’s hick accent that makes it contrast, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT