ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

I watched table tennis last night and saw Romania's Bernadette Szocs win. I don't know what the hell you guys were watching, but you need get with it.

293409_10150365019347420_832654667_n_10150365019347420.jpg

Victimhood- hmmm? If there was no intent or clear intentional ommision, I must have missed the depiction of muslims through demonstrational displays of hijabs or traditional garb? One group is safe to "mock", the other not so much. Again, whether intentional or not. But I can guarantee the latter was considered.

Yes, Christianity is safe to mock, because Christianity won. Everything. If you don’t believe it, what year is it?

The powerful are always fair game for mockery. And the fact that Christianity can be mocked is its strength. The fact that Muslims will literally kill you for mocking their religion is a weakness. Christians who are bent out of shape are demonstrating weakness.

Don’t be like Muslims. Don’t be weak.

Why yes, yes he would. The greatest commandment is to love the Lord your God with all your heart and all your soul. I am pretty sure mocking Jesus and advocating violation of the ten commandments would be a problem for Him. I do believe that type of behavior is the cause for the end times. So yes, Jesus would care.
No. My Jesus with a tuxedo tee shirt would just turn up the Led Zeppelin and get back to working on his 1969 Camaro and not let it ruin his day and not be a little b*tch about it.

The hypocrisy in that statement is rather telling. Conflating Christians with "right wing" crys out your personal ideology, while making my point for me. Christian and right wing are not synonymous. Hundreds of millions of Christians aren't right wing or even political at all. Are you saying that only the "right wing" Christians would be offended by what they believed mocked a major moment in their religion?

Look, do I believe that those Christians that took offense should dig in and fight over this? Hell no. A simple, "I found it distasteful." and move on would suffice. But, those acting like everything was done while maintaining the moral high ground are delusional at best...
Yes of course there is no segment of right wing Christian who are convinced they are being persecuted or ridiculed, my mistake.

Reactions: AndEEss
So...I'm saying Brooks has virtually no chance of beating Yaz.
9-3 Yaz
Of course, that's if Brooks even makes it far enough to face him.
What say you educated people? 😆

9-3 Yaz
Well, I’m not so sure now. The Frenchies obviously put on their best dance with the devil to cast spells on Christian athletes. And while EVERYONE was getting hypno-matized at the opening ceremonies, our guy, Brooks, was resisting the temptation of being IN the world. So, he MIGHT have the best chance of them all to bring in gold….

BTW. you're literally the only "idiot" here. When presented with facts, are you capable of changing your offended sensibilities? Probably not, but let's give this a shot.

1. EVERY country that hosts the Olympics has a duty and is permitted to celebrate the opening of the games as they see fit, in line with their values so long as its not a human rights violation. London - had the queen and a "celebrity" James Bond. China - a marvel in communism efficiency, DRAGONS (oh noooooo) and DRUMS.

Rio had Carnivale and Gisele in A DRESS! Oh my word, the SEXUALITY!!!!

2. I'm going to put this here, and i need to you actually read. and it's clear you didn't watch the broadcast, because the snippet that is rolling around the internet fails to show THE VERY NEXT SCENE - which is a blue man who is depicting the Greek god Dionysus.

i need to make this very clear - IT WAS A REENACTMENT OF A GREEK BACCHANAL. It's called the "feast of the gods" and it was done by FRENCH painter Jan Harmensz van BILJERT.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/olympic-games...ening-creator-defiant-over-controversial-show

https://www.today.com/news/paris-ol...g-ceremony-last-supper-controversy-rcna163929

58.jpg

3. Actors dressing up - whether they are trans/cis/drag is NOT inherently sexual. That's a you problem. Grow up. It's a different country and just because you don't LIKE it, doesn't make it some "sexual display." So again. It's called education. You don't like cross-dressing drag queens, no problem and explain that to your family/children. No one cares. Not a big deal.
Obviously you are a very immoral individual. Why you were just busted about 2 weeks ago about false claims concerning your wrestling experience. If you had an ounce of integrity, you would not have done that.

Yes, it is a world stage and the host should NEVER go out of the way to offend people. It was a mockery of The Last Supper for sure. How do I know? Simple, one of the chair persons apologized for allowing it to happen. You don't apologize for allowing something to happen that didn't happen. That would be so foolish.

LGBTQXYZ promoting has no place with the Olympics. It was nothing short of a display for the furtherance of such lifestyles.

BTW, are you queer or a drag queen. I can't make up my mind which one I think you are. For sure, you have proven yourself to be a blatant liar.

Obviously you are a very immoral individual. Why you were just busted about 2 weeks ago about false claims concerning your wrestling experience. If you had an ounce of integrity, you would not have done that.

Yes, it is a world stage and the host should NEVER go out of the way to offend people. It was a mockery of The Last Supper for sure. How do I know? Simple, one of the chair persons apologized for allowing it to happen. You don't apologize for allowing something to happen that didn't happen. That would be so foolish.

LGBTQXYZ promoting has no place with the Olympics. It was nothing short of a display for the furtherance of such lifestyles.

BTW, are you queer or a drag queen. I can't make up my mind which one I think you are. For sure, you have proven yourself to be a blatant liar.
Aye pobrecito!!

From the article you posted
"There was clearly never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group,” Paris 2024 spokesperson Anne Descamps told a news conference on Sunday.

“On the contrary, I think we tried to celebrate community, tolerance. We believe this ambition was achieved. If people have taken any offense, we’re of course really sorry.”

Dionysus arrives at the table because he is the Greek God of celebration and that sequence is called ‘festivity,’” Jolly said.

“The God of wine, which is also a French jewel and father of Sequana, the Goddess linked to the River Seine. The idea was to create a big pagan party in link with the God of Mount Olympus — and you will never find in me, or in my work, any desire of mocking anyone.”

I'm not really a huge fan of either, but I did watch the Novak Djokovic match vs Nadal, in what could possibly be Nadal's final career singles match on the same court that he's won 14 Grand Slams on. Wasn't a super competitive match but was still oddly a little emotional

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
9-3 Yaz
Brook's ace in the hole is his conditioning. He's very dangerous in the last minute. But, as an "educated" person I don't know what his chances are.

• Haha
Reactions: Sett1997
Aye pobrecito!!

From the article you posted
"There was clearly never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group,” Paris 2024 spokesperson Anne Descamps told a news conference on Sunday.

“On the contrary, I think we tried to celebrate community, tolerance. We believe this ambition was achieved. If people have taken any offense, we’re of course really sorry.”

Dionysus arrives at the table because he is the Greek God of celebration and that sequence is called ‘festivity,’” Jolly said.

“The God of wine, which is also a French jewel and father of Sequana, the Goddess linked to the River Seine. The idea was to create a big pagan party in link with the God of Mount Olympus — and you will never find in me, or in my work, any desire of mocking anyone.”
Nobody ever wants to admit fault. This is what is known as "damage control". All of the LGBTQXYZ participants were there deliberately too with all their "interactions". It too was no accident. It is all part of the societal grooming process. I would be appalled if heterosexuals conducted themselves like that in a ceremony. All that gay stuff had nothing to do with the Olympics and Olympic spirit.

Nobody ever wants to admit fault. This is what is known as "damage control". All of the LGBTQXYZ participants were there deliberately too with all their "interactions". It too was no accident. It is all part of the societal grooming process. I would be appalled if heterosexuals conducted themselves like that in a ceremony. All that gay stuff had nothing to do with the Olympics and Olympic spirit.
Right? Now let’s acknowledge that religion should have nothing to do with medicine or politics and we’d have a trifecta!

This is some of the dumbest shit I've read on the internet in a while.

Meanwhile, 37% of the state of Iowa is obese. I see "you people" all the time in public, carrying on like you own the joint. Some of you even have the gall to show up on screen during the Iowa-Penn State dual, eating ice cream and just flaunting your lifestyle.

See what I did there?

Last edited:
I think the all nude, male only athletic competition in ANCIENT GREECE might have had a little gay stuff sprinkled in

I'm sure if you focus you will be able to fight off the gayness.

This is some of the dumbest shit I've read on the internet in a while.

Meanwhile, 37% of the state of Iowa is obese. I see "you people" all the time in public, carrying on like you own the joint. Some of you even have the gall to show up on screen during the Iowa-Penn State dual, eating ice cream and just flaunting your lifestyle.

See what I did there?
Stooped to that level?

The problem is you are ignoring the link to debauchery and orgies, while solely focusing on the "wine" and "feasting" part. Now, MAYBE it was meant with no intentions to mock Christianity in any way, but it also provided a very easy out to play both sides if they meant to...

With that said, it didn't bother me. I don't let other peoples' opinions on religion bother me either way. But, I can definitely see why the more immovable Christians took offense. In today's climate that type of rhetoric is energized almost daily. Even if it was meant to simply be a representation of revelry through Greek or Roman mythology(technically bacchanal originated more in reverence to Bacchus than to Dionysus), one could see how easily it could be misinterpreted by a religion of roughly 2 billion and the powers that be could have chosen something else if they had no interest, or intent, in offending anyone...
Why even use this particular topic? I’m sure there a whole lots of cultural things that they could integrate into a ceremony .

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
The hypocrisy in that statement is rather telling. Conflating Christians with "right wing" crys out your personal ideology, while making my point for me. Christian and right wing are not synonymous. Hundreds of millions of Christians aren't right wing or even political at all. Are you saying that only the "right wing" Christians would be offended by what they believed mocked a major moment in their religion?

Look, do I believe that those Christians that took offense should dig in and fight over this? Hell no. A simple, "I found it distasteful." and move on would suffice. But, those acting like everything was done while maintaining the moral high ground are delusional at best...
And they keep on pushing, a few years ago you would think it would be insane if Christians or people push back on the idea of transitioning children. There was a child at that table if you didn’t notice.

Whether it was a parody, the Last Supper or the reenactment of some French painting, featured Greek god, why should a child be there among a bunch of drag queens?

They knew what they’re doing and people do have a right to say no this is not appropriate for an all age type of venue. You could offend or mark my religion. All you want an adult oriented, mannered, and controlled adult oriented environment, not in a public all ages venue.

Honestly, I think you are giving the "powers that be" too much credit on the altruistic front. Maybe I am just being cynical, but the French aren't exactly known for avoiding insulting others. In fact, it is pretty much the opposite. I wouldn't be surprised if they chose it knowing it would have a 2nd insulting meaning to some.

Now, with that said, should those offended move on? Of course. On the "Offensive scale" this shouldn't rate higher than a 3 out of 10. Responding by not watching the Olympics only hurst yourself....
I would not watching hurt me? Everything will be available on YouTube soon enough. And over the years I have not watched the Olympics due to crazy, crazy different cable packages, etc. I believe now with Peacock and it’s streaming if I wanted to see events after they happen I’m pretty sure I could watch them some app. But anything of note, I could see my leisure.

This isn’t 1988 or 1992 anymore how they show the Olympics and some of the sports that were available have been shoved aside for more popular sports such as gymnastics, for example. Try to find weightlifting if you like weight sports for example, that was quite hard.

I’ve gotten to watching so I’ll just watch clips on YouTube later. it’s also OK for people not to watch and how would it be hurting them if they don’t have any desire to watch for any reason?

You’re right . I don’t care if people like this put on shows like this in an adult oriented environment or only adults can see this. It’s not appropriate TV for a certain age group, and if you did notice, there was a child at the table during this nonsense.

The fact is that many Christians were offended. Very poor foresight on the part of the organizers. The ceremony hardly highlighted the labors and efforts of the athletes. As a result of this idiocy, many tuned out and companies pulled out their advertising.

Last edited:
The fact is that many Christians were offended. Very poor foresight on the part of the organizers. The ceremony hardly highlighted the labors and efforts of the athletes. As a result of this idiocy, many tuned out and companies pulled out their advertising including Samsung.
i'm sorry you didn't feel like the opening ceremonies were a safe space

also, the ratings for the olympics have been great and the whole "samsung pulled their advertising" thing is false

other than that though...great post

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT