ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

The fact is that many Christians were offended. Very poor foresight on the part of the organizers. The ceremony hardly highlighted the labors and efforts of the athletes. As a result of this idiocy, many tuned out and companies pulled out their advertising including Samsung.
The Samsung claim doesn't appear to be true. It was originally posted on a parody site that includes the following disclaimer.

"Our team of writers and editors is dedicated to bringing you the latest and greatest in fake news and absurdity, all with a healthy dose of humor and satire."

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-cul...pics-last-supper-backlash-viral-post-debunked

i'm sorry you didn't feel like the opening ceremonies were a safe space

also, the ratings for the olympics have been great and the whole "samsung pulled their advertising" thing is false

other than that though...great post
You are correct about Samsung. I changed it.

I would not watching hurt me? Everything will be available on YouTube soon enough. And over the years I have not watched the Olympics due to crazy, crazy different cable packages, etc. I believe now with Peacock and it’s streaming if I wanted to see events after they happen I’m pretty sure I could watch them some app. But anything of note, I could see my leisure.

This isn’t 1988 or 1992 anymore how they show the Olympics and some of the sports that were available have been shoved aside for more popular sports such as gymnastics, for example. Try to find weightlifting if you like weight sports for example, that was quite hard.

I’ve gotten to watching so I’ll just watch clips on YouTube later. it’s also OK for people not to watch and how would it be hurting them if they don’t have any desire to watch for any reason?
The saying is more an equivalency to the "biting your nose off to spite your face." It isn't that not watching the Olympics is going to do you great harm. It is simply that not doing so does absolutely NOTHING to the people that caused you to feel that way. So, basically, you are the only one that can feel any negative impact by not watching...

Yes, Christianity is safe to mock, because Christianity won. Everything. If you don’t believe it, what year is it?

The powerful are always fair game for mockery. And the fact that Christianity can be mocked is its strength. The fact that Muslims will literally kill you for mocking their religion is a weakness. Christians who are bent out of shape are demonstrating weakness.

Don’t be like Muslims. Don’t be weak.
Art: I've always enjoyed your posts, but this one was a misfire. "Don't be like Muslims. Don't be weak." Painting with a very broad brush, aren't you?

The saying is more an equivalency to the "biting your nose off to spite your face." It isn't that not watching the Olympics is going to do you great harm. It is simply that not doing so does absolutely NOTHING to the people that caused you to feel that way. So, basically, you are the only one that can feel any negative impact by not watching...
Not true. Ratings influence dollars in advertising. I use to be glued to the TV watching the games. Not anymore. Money, professionals, and cheating have ruined it for me. Now you can add pushing what I consider immorality.

Reactions: HawkeyePA
The fact is that many Christians were incorrectly offended. Very poor foresight on the part of the organizers. The ceremony hardly highlighted the labors and efforts of the athletes. As a result of this idiocy, many tuned out and companies pulled out their advertising.

FIFY. Again - all offended Christians - IT'S OK TO ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG. But you know why you won't? You're a snowflake.

Not true. Ratings influence dollars in advertising. I use to be glued to the TV watching the games. Not anymore. Money, professionals, and cheating have ruined it for me. Now you can add pushing what I consider immorality.

You don't reflect the ratings. Nor will you ever. Sports aren't going anywhere. Remember when a certain segment of the population decided they would never watch the NFL again. And that group deemed it would hurt the NFL, their sponsors and their ratings? Nope.

The world is getting younger and the consumers and peak advertising targeting range (20-27) is still watching the "immoral" games.

Last edited:
BTW. you're literally the only "idiot" here. When presented with facts, are you capable of changing your offended sensibilities? Probably not, but let's give this a shot.

1. EVERY country that hosts the Olympics has a duty and is permitted to celebrate the opening of the games as they see fit, in line with their values so long as its not a human rights violation. London - had the queen and a "celebrity" James Bond. China - a marvel in communism efficiency, DRAGONS (oh noooooo) and DRUMS.

Rio had Carnivale and Gisele in A DRESS! Oh my word, the SEXUALITY!!!!

2. I'm going to put this here, and i need to you actually read. and it's clear you didn't watch the broadcast, because the snippet that is rolling around the internet fails to show THE VERY NEXT SCENE - which is a blue man who is depicting the Greek god Dionysus.

i need to make this very clear - IT WAS A REENACTMENT OF A GREEK BACCHANAL. It's called the "feast of the gods" and it was done by FRENCH painter Jan Harmensz van BILJERT.

https://www.rfi.fr/en/olympic-games...ening-creator-defiant-over-controversial-show

https://www.today.com/news/paris-ol...g-ceremony-last-supper-controversy-rcna163929

58.jpg

3. Actors dressing up - whether they are trans/cis/drag is NOT inherently sexual. That's a you problem. Grow up. It's a different country and just because you don't LIKE it, doesn't make it some "sexual display." So again. It's called education. You don't like cross-dressing drag queens, no problem and explain that to your family/children. No one cares. Not a big deal.
Not a big deal to you and the other freaks...

Not a big deal to you and the other freaks...

Is than an insult?

It's literally not a big deal to YOU. It in no way affects your life or the lives of anyone you know. It's a completely different country. And if a broadcast of drag queens/transgenders forces you to give second thought to your own sexuality or gender, well, I got news for you.

So let me make this clear. I don't get transgenderism, I don't get dressing in drag. Not my thing, or the thing of anyone in my circle. But the country of France putting it on display at the opening ceremony for the 2024 Olympic Games didn't change my life or yours!

FIFY. Again - all offended Christians - IT'S OK TO ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG. But you know why you won't? You're a snowflake.
Good grief, I'm trying to stay out of this thread. It's OK for you to admit YOU were wrong. How can you not see that just because Dyonisus is brought on later in that scene that it also was a hijacking of Davinci's Last Supper? Even the heavy person with the crown said she is "Olympic Jesus." Isn't this god of ecstasy brought out on some platter like his agenda should be the real meal of life?

They're the guys most likely to turn everything onto propaganda, and pollute every single thread. They deserve what they get.
No Usually the ones inserting all this BS on all these sites are the other side. Seems like the ones who have the most to say and act the smartest are usually the most clueless. But anyways, I’m just excited to watch Spencer.

They're the guys most likely to turn everything onto propaganda, and pollute every single thread. They deserve what they get.
My point still stands - you added to it. The fact is you would not have responded had it not affected you because of your point of view. Want it cleaned up, then don't respond.

Is than an insult?

It's literally not a big deal to YOU. It in no way affects your life or the lives of anyone you know. It's a completely different country. And if a broadcast of drag queens/transgenders forces you to give second thought to your own sexuality or gender, well, I got news for you.

So let me make this clear. I don't get transgenderism, I don't get dressing in drag. Not my thing, or the thing of anyone in my circle. But the country of France putting it on display at the opening ceremony for the 2024 Olympic Games didn't change my life or yours!
I have no questions about my sexuality and/or gender. I've known my gender and sexuality, with no questions since birth.
I'm not going to support a broadcast that promotes drag/transgenders that makes it seem normal, because it's not.
No, it didn't "change my life" but it's not something that I agree with and personally feel there is absolutely no need to have it in the opening ceremonies or any part of the Olympic Games.

Good grief, I'm trying to stay out of this thread. It's OK for you to admit YOU were wrong. How can you not see that just because Dyonisus is brought on later in that scene that it also was a hijacking of Davinci's Last Supper? Even the heavy person with the crown said she is "Olympic Jesus." Isn't this god of ecstasy brought out in some platter like his agenda should be the real meal of life?

It wasn't "also" a hijacking of Davinci's Last Supper. The organizers, the directors, the Olympic Committee, the actors have all publicly refuted this. And no the "heavy person with the crown" did not say she was "olympic jesus" - she posted a picture of her headdress prior to the performance with the caption "OLYMPIC MUSIC GODDESS"

And if you have eyeballs, I want you to pay attention to something. there is no little kid/cherub/angel in the last supper. but there IS in the Feast of the Gods. And again, there is a freaking god in the forefront (you know, like in the performance).

GTlnp4BWwAIs_rH

olympics%20opening%20ceremony%20barbara%20butch.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Ff6b66f4c-918b-4548-a103-da1c02ac3210

It wasn't "also" a hijacking of Davinci's Last Supper. The organizers, the directors, the Olympic Committee, the actors have all publicly refuted this. And no the "heavy person with the crown" did not say she was "olympic jesus" - she posted a picture of her headdress prior to the performance with the caption "OLYMPIC MUSIC GODDESS"

And if you have eyeballs, I want you to pay attention to something. there is no little kid/cherub/angel in the last supper. but there IS in the Feast of the Gods. And again, there is a freaking god in the forefront (you know, like in the performance).

GTlnp4BWwAIs_rH

Yes, yes, I know all your claims and have read it all several times. No need to repost it, lol.

And often the whole truth doesn't come out all at once.

So, guess what? You could be wrong.

The segment was titled “La Cène sur la scene sur la seine” (The Last Supper on the stage on the Seine), according to The Federalist.

They sure did a horrible job of portraying that scene of the gods, if so. Looks much closer to the Last Supper, imo. Shortage of Trident props for Poseidon? Helmets in short supply? I think they did just enough to cover their butts.

They also claim the heavy person did say she was Olympic Jesus.

Last edited:

GTlnp4BWwAIs_rH

Only a complete dope can look at the above paintings and think they are similar. Why didn't you post Da Vinci's The Last Supper? Stop with the stupidity. They depicted The Last Supper and no amount of BS will change that fact.

Reactions: LIV4GOD and T8KUDWN
Look like Saduleav , Sidakov and Uguev are out by the IOC ban.
I have heard that Saduleav has taken a political stance, I did not hear anything about the other two. Obviously these guys are their most popular wrestlers and would not make a any statement against there own communist country. They are still civilians, so Im not sure about holding them criminally accountable and holding them from competition is correct thing here.
Saduleav - No Más - when the going got tough, he went home. Wouldn't be surprised if he purposefully got himself banned.
Uguev - no longer the gold standard - no loss.
Sidakov - I'm pissed he's not in. Dake/Sidakov II will not happen. If Dake wins Gold . . . [you know] . . .

Reactions: Grip220
Only a complete dope can look at the above paintings and think they are similar. Why didn't you post Da Vinci's The Last Supper? Stop with the stupidity. They depicted The Last Supper and no amount of BS will change that fact.

Humanities. Take a freaking humanities course.

Yes. The Feast of the Gods draws inspiration from Da Vinci's Last Supper.

So NO. They did not depict the Last Supper. and no amount of you yelling it out loud will change that FACT. It's ok to be wrong.

Reactions: Twoooooooo
Not a big deal as long as I’m not required to wear a dress. And if embracing people’s right to live THEIR lives as THEY see fit makes me a freak, so be it.
They can live their lives anyway they want. Same as I live my life the way it want. I don’t need the freak show pushed on me as normal. It doesn’t make you a freak for embracing their right but it does make you a freak if you promote or think it’s normal.

They can live their lives anyway they want. Same as I live my life the way it want. I don’t need the freak show pushed on me as normal. It doesn’t make you a freak for embracing their right but it does make you a freak if you promote or think it’s normal.
So, I guess I’m a freak for standing up for others rights, eh, It doesn’t matter what I think. It’s none of my business until I’m required to wear a dress. What other people do is up to them. It’s not my place to pass judgement.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT