ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics

What other people do is up to them. It’s not my place to pass judgement.
Playing devils advocate here, and not picking on you directly but this sort of comment. So if a guy is at a park taking pictures of little girls, would you feel the same way? Nothing criminal in taking pictures, but I bet you'd pass judgment on the guy if your daughter were at that playground. This whole, "not my place to pass judgment" is only true until it happens to effect something important to you.

Playing devils advocate here, and not picking on you directly but this sort of comment. So if a guy is at a park taking pictures of little girls, would you feel the same way? Nothing criminal in taking pictures, but I bet you'd pass judgment on the guy if your daughter were at that playground. This whole, "not my place to pass judgment" is only true until it happens to effect something important to you.
Let’s keep the focus on the situation at hand. It’s none of my business. For the most part, I feel the same way about pics in the park. But the person needs permission from parents to take those pics, imo. And I have no idea if they have permission to photograph or their motivation for taking pics of kids. So, I’d probably just mind my own business until getting more information.

Reactions: Pennstate1985
Always enjoyed the Olympics as a boy. Seemed more like true amateur athletes struggling to devote parts of their lives to the games. Full-time paid or sponsored training ended that romantic underdog notion. Now, I’m only sure to watch the disrespected niche sport of wrestling. Didn’t see the Last Supper dustup. More upset with letting former men punch women for medals. Or allowing uber-wealthy members of a league that dared to promote (its name on their courts) a lethally violent, riot-causing organization that destroyed a friend’s life. Ah, but I’m sure men beating on women and activist NBA prima donnas draw awesome TV ratings, even without mine. I hope these cowards all lose.
And that Spencer, Zain, and company all win!

Always enjoyed the Olympics as a boy. Seemed more like true amateur athletes struggling to devote parts of their lives to the games. Full-time paid or sponsored training ended that romantic underdog notion. Now, I’m only sure to watch the disrespected niche sport of wrestling. Didn’t see the Last Supper dustup. More upset with letting former men punch women for medals. Or allowing uber-wealthy members of a league that dared to promote (its name on their courts) a lethally violent, riot-causing organization that destroyed a friend’s life. Ah, but I’m sure men beating on women and activist NBA prima donnas draw awesome TV ratings, even without mine. I hope these cowards all lose.
When I was young, I'd wait 4 years for the summer Olympics. Now? I haven't watched the last 2-3 Olympics. The IOC is like the NCAA. A bloated political group trying to hold onto power and money, but they can't hold onto and hide the excesses of their power and money lust any more than the NCAA can.

Yes, yes, I know all your claims and have read it all several times. No need to repost it, lol.

And often the whole truth doesn't come out all at once.

So, guess what? You could be wrong.

The segment was titled “La Cène sur la scene sur la seine” (The Last Supper on the stage on the Seine), according to The Federalist.

They sure did a horrible job of portraying that scene of the gods, if so. Looks much closer to the Last Supper, imo. Shortage of Trident props for Poseidon? Helmets in short supply? I think they did just enough to cover their butts.

They also claim the heavy person did say she was Olympic Jesus.
Ok. The website is an opinion piece made by a person skewed to a side. It is no way meant to be used for a reliable source in any argument. You may have well just quoted and sourced someone in this thread for your argument.

Reactions: vhsalum and el dub
Let’s keep the focus on the situation at hand. It’s none of my business. For the most part, I feel the same way about pics in the park. But the person needs permission from parents to take those pics, imo. And I have no idea if they have permission to photograph or their motivation for taking pics of kids. So, I’d probably just mind my own business until getting more information.
el dub you seem pretty laid back. While we would disagree on some topics, we would get along just fine on most. It doesn't always have to be all or nothing. You're a Hawk fan so that is a good start. The whole Olympic fiasco seems unnecessary to me, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Go 🇺🇸

They can live their lives anyway they want. Same as I live my life the way it want. I don’t need the freak show pushed on me as normal. It doesn’t make you a freak for embracing their right but it does make you a freak if you promote or think it’s normal.
the opening ceremonies had decapitated women singing along with heavy metal, chrome horses riding through the street, and masked dude parkouring across the city

I don't think any of that was supposed to be "normal"

el dub you seem pretty laid back. While we would disagree on some topics, we would get along just fine on most. It doesn't always have to be all or nothing. You're a Hawk fan so that is a good start. The whole Olympic fiasco seems unnecessary to me, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Go 🇺🇸
Season 2 Relax GIF by Friends

• Haha
Reactions: blcoach80
I have no questions about my sexuality and/or gender. I've known my gender and sexuality, with no questions since birth.
I'm not going to support a broadcast that promotes drag/transgenders that makes it seem normal, because it's not.
No, it didn't "change my life" but it's not something that I agree with and personally feel there is absolutely no need to have it in the opening ceremonies or any part of the Olympic Games.
So, why is it so difficult to understand that EVERYONE’S sexuality was determined at birth? (Not to be confused with gender.)

Gender dysphoria is a thing. And I feel sorry for folks experiencing that.

So, why is it so difficult to understand that EVERYONE’S sexuality was determined at birth? (Not to be confused with gender.)

Gender dysphoria is a thing. And I feel sorry for folks experiencing that.
You are definitely confused

I bet our forum liar, the vhs guy, didn't even notice the halo behind the "Drag Jesus". Just accidental I guess. ;)
The halo is not unique to Christianity. Greek gods particularly Apollo and Helios are often depicted with a halo. Sometimes with rays of light coming out from it. See the Roman mosaic below or the faint halo in the Jan Van Bijert painting.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Qt1aHvN6EboJYMtv5

Former men? These aren't trans people.

I get that nuance isn't exactly your thing but holy shit, get a clue. Intersex people exist, and aren't "former" anything.

Reactions: PSUer1989
The halo is not unique to Christianity. Greek gods particularly Apollo and Helios are often depicted with a halo. Sometimes with rays of light coming out from it. See the Roman mosaic below or the faint halo in the Jan Van Bijert painting.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Qt1aHvN6EboJYMtv5

Just coincidence after coincidence. But hey, what are the odds? :cool:

Reactions: T8KUDWN
It's not a coincidence it is intentional signaling that the figure represents a god. Just because you see a halo doesn't mean it's Christian. If you are depicting a Greek god particularly, Apollo one way to signal that they are a god is to put a halo on their head. So the odds are high that they would use a halo. Like it is a really common thing to do.

Former men? These aren't trans people.

I get that nuance isn't exactly your thing but holy shit, get a clue. Intersex people exist, and aren't "former" anything.

Clue acquired. Must’ve read some bad intel. Intersex, not trans, huh? Well, okay then. If an IOC that welcomes a league of riot and arson supporters believes intersex folk have no inherent advantage over pure females, let ‘em lace up the gloves. And I was never going for nuance. Trans, inter, hybrid, whatever you and wiki want to call it, I flat-out think it’s unfair. Take the last word.

It's not a coincidence it is intentional signaling that the figure represents a god. Just because you see a halo doesn't mean it's Christian. If you are depicting a Greek god particularly, Apollo one way to signal that they are a god is to put a halo on their head. So the odds are high that they would use a halo. Like it is a really common thing to do.

Wait till you tell the Christians that Da Vinci was gay.

I’m with you , but since I don’t really care for freestyle I’ll check check out the results later when I can see the matches on say YouTube .

Reactions: HikeNatParks
Clue acquired. Must’ve read some bad intel. Intersex, not trans, huh? Well, okay then. If an IOC that welcomes a league of riot and arson supporters believes intersex folk have no inherent advantage over pure females, let ‘em lace up the gloves. And I was never going for nuance. Trans, inter, hybrid, whatever you and wiki want to call it, I flat-out think it’s unfair. Take the last word.
You have some mentally deranged weirdos that have delusions of grandeur and could never compete in their biological sex high-level. So they say they’re a lady do whatever and then dominate.

I have no desire to watch these freaks.

Reactions: T8KUDWN
And they keep on pushing, a few years ago you would think it would be insane if Christians or people push back on the idea of transitioning children. There was a child at that table if you didn’t notice.

Whether it was a parody, the Last Supper or the reenactment of some French painting, featured Greek god, why should a child be there among a bunch of drag queens?

They knew what they’re doing and people do have a right to say no this is not appropriate for an all age type of venue. You could offend or mark my religion. All you want an adult oriented, mannered, and controlled adult oriented environment, not in a public all ages venue.
I liked you better when you were bragging about pumping iron….

Not true. Ratings influence dollars in advertising. I use to be glued to the TV watching the games. Not anymore. Money, professionals, and cheating have ruined it for me. Now you can add pushing what I consider immorality.
So you have never watched the Olympics then according to your claim? Cheating at the Olympics has been going on for quite some time. Soviet Union East Germany Ben Johnson, just to name a few that have been caught cheating over the last half century. Just admit you hate the gay, it’s ok.

They can live their lives anyway they want. Same as I live my life the way it want. I don’t need the freak show pushed on me as normal. It doesn’t make you a freak for embracing their right but it does make you a freak if you promote or think it’s normal.
Funny how the lifestyle and training habits of elite wrestlers is not normal in the same sense either, but yet here people are worshipping one and despising the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT