ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boyle Throws for 5 TDs and Rushes for 2 TDs

And Tyler Wiegers, who led Eastern Michigan to a win over Purdue in West Lafayette this season, directed his team to another win today. At least Iowa's not-good-enough-to-play-in-Iowa City QBs are doing OK.

And Tyler Wiegers, who led Eastern Michigan to a win over Purdue in West Lafayette this season, directed his team to another win today. At least Iowa's not-good-enough-to-play-in-Iowa City QBs are doing OK.

They always do. Look at Shimonek and the guy who went to Louisiana Tech.
And we were stuck with an NFL quarterback.

Honestly surprised it took 9 games before we saw the Boyle envy. Well done guys.
I did not start the thread because I have Boyle envy. In fact, Boyle was never going to see the field as a QB at Iowa. It is very hard for an option QB to shine in a pro-set offense. I stumbled upon his stats and thought I would post them.

All these star QBs that used to be at Iowa. If only they'd had months of practice and camps to prove their ability to be the starter. If only they'd had hundreds of reps alongside the other potential QBs under the eyes of the coaches to win the starting job. None of them even got a shot. Fire Ferentz. Burn down Kinnick.

I still do not get what Todd McShay sees in Stanley?? The kid is 6-5, but he moves like a turtle in the pocket. He will get eaten alive in the NFL if he makes it.

The NFL loves them some measurables. Big strong kid, strong arm, blah, blah. Stanley was OK against PU, and that was his BEST game in 3 weeks.

Oh, and Drew Brees is never going to make it in the NFL. Too short. :rolleyes:

I did not start the thread because I have Boyle envy. In fact, Boyle was never going to see the field as a QB at Iowa. It is very hard for an option QB to shine in a pro-set offense. I stumbled upon his stats and thought I would post them.

Sorry, didn't mean you specifically, just the responses in this thread in general. Stanley was the greatest QB ever until the last two weeks and now he shouldn't even be a D1 QB. Such is life as an Iowa fan...

Reactions: K OKeefe
Let's do the math

Theoretical QBs available at Iowa this year
1) TW (enjoying a Shimonek season)
2) Cook (on track to leave Iowa without his 4 star ability being tapped. Another sad legacy story)
3) Boyle (dual threat) a situational QB? Why not? Wouldn't that make it harder to scheme against us?
4) Stanley (starter)
5) Johnny, I mean Peyton Manziel (for some reason he doesn't enjoy the forgiveness for his mistakes that NS does. Curious.)
6) Petras (4 star who will end up like Stanley?)

So instead of a stable of 6, we have a stable of 3. Self-hindering for reasons unknown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT