ADVERTISEMENT

Owen Freeman

Owen Freeman always reminded me of the types of bigs Wisconsin routinely grabs. Hopefully he turns out just as good!

I also agree, this thread is #DaBomb
Agreed, and he had plenty of interest from them I hear. One thing I wanted to add, is that Combes was nothing but complementary in his evaluation on Freeman and came here to add to the thread.
A lot of kids had poor valuations last year during the summer and many of them were the latter half of the top 100 or more.
Some I have spoken to ( by their own admission) feel it’s a bit of reluctance due to limited access and too much dependence on video because of Covid. The lower rated top kids got more of that effect.
I am sure he really did have some setbacks, who didn’t last year? Bottom line, he is still an exciting prospect and by other accounts there nothing to be concerned over.

Just now realizing I created a duplicate thread. At some point I must of ignored Fran so I had no idea. Must have been something that really bugged me I don’t normally do that.
Apologize for any inconvenience.
It’s perfectly fine! I’m sure you ignored him for the same reason other people do. He’s got some serious issues. I’m sure he’s bumping his thread constantly to keep it above this one.

Just now realizing I created a duplicate thread. At some point I must of ignored Fran so I had no idea. Must have been something that really bugged me I don’t normally do that.

Your’s isn’t a duplicate thread, fran likes to bring back his threads from years ago. Then he spends days trying to keep his thread above the new one. He must be sleeping after being up for days replying to himself.

Is Freeman signed, and fully committed? Just asking, not trying to start a rumor about his commitment to Iowa, but if he blows up in rankings his senior year, can he still be snatched away by higher bidders?

Usually the in-person stuff posted by certain posters is pretty rosy all around. Just looking at his stats gives a fuller picture. He is impressive, but he has things to work on.
Well he has an entire Senior season to work on them. I'm sure McCaffery and his staff have given the young man a checklist on what they want him to to work on as well as further developing his body.

Reactions: BBHawk
Is Freeman signed, and fully committed? Just asking, not trying to start a rumor about his commitment to Iowa, but if he blows up in rankings his senior year, can he still be snatched away by higher bidders?
Don't think he can officially sign until National Signing Day in November. Unless the NCAA has changed that rule which could have happened and I missed it.

Don't think he is going to be lured away--his parents and him are moving to the quad cities this summer so that they can be closer to Iowa City for home games.

You shouldn’t be apologizing. What are you supposed to do, check the entire board before you post something? I got the same reaction, btw, when I posted on a topic someone (who should remain nameless) had posted about months earlier. It’s embarrassing how immature some people are.

Don't think he can officially sign until National Signing Day in November. Unless the NCAA has changed that rule which could have happened and I missed it.

Don't think he is going to be lured away--his parents and him are moving to the quad cities this summer so that they can be closer to Iowa City for home games.
The whole Freeman family is going to love watching their son play in Wharton Field House, 6500 seat home of the Moline Maroons that was once the home of the pre NBA Atlanta Hawks, coached by a hall of famer by the name of Red Auerbach.
At lot of history is associated with that venerable old brick building, the largest high school owned basketball stadium in the state of Illinois. If you haven't seen a game played at Wharton, do yourself a favor and schedule a visit this coming winter and catch a game involving 2023 incoming recruit Owen Freeman and another kid that will turn heads in Brock Harding. You're in for a treat...

"Fully committed" is pretty meaningless these days. But afaik all is well...

Your’s isn’t a duplicate thread, fran likes to bring back his threads from years ago. Then he spends days trying to keep his thread above the new one. He must be sleeping after being up for days replying to himself.
Surprised he hasn’t enlisted his kids to monitor the thread and post/bump on his behalf. He takes this internet thing pretty seriously.

Surprised he hasn’t enlisted his kids to monitor the thread and post/bump on his behalf. He takes this internet thing pretty seriously.

That’s a big assumption that he was able to meet Mrs Right and reproduce. Even if he did, I’m sure his kids are busy trying to get their tiktok to have the most views.

Frans level of posting info is appreciated. But if he's trying to run this board, own every thread, run you down for opposing views, it gets old real quick. I hate that it drives me nuts but this is a great board and shouldn't be one persons toy. As far as im concerned, if he stops that, he's got a fan in me because he does provide a valuable service and its clear he cares about the hawks. But come on, nobody on here is above anyone else.. well maybe Kenyon :).. but lets just talk about the Hawks on Tom's message board and debate and be happy lol

TWITTER provides more information than all the idiots combined who whine about him. Keep the info coming TWITTER and stay away from engaging the idiots.
FIFY.
How can you idiots praise this tool who only regurgitates what others have already said, and is a nagging know it all?
If I didn’t have a life, I’d consider getting a Twitter account and posting everything Hawkeye related. Unfortunately, I have a real job and a family that take up most of my time, so I can’t.
I’ve thought about having my children to do it, but unfortunately, they’re super involved in school activities, work and volunteering.
Good thing we have Fran!

Fran provides more information than all the idiots combined who whine about him. Keep the info coming Fran and stay away from engaging the idiots.

Just FYI, Mike Zierath is also tired of Franisdaman. What does that make Mike?

FIFY.
How can you idiots praise this tool who only regurgitates what others have already said, and is a nagging know it all?
If I didn’t have a life, I’d consider getting a Twitter account and posting everything Hawkeye related. Unfortunately, I have a real job and a family that take up most of my time, so I can’t.
I’ve thought about having my children to do it, but unfortunately, they’re super involved in school activities, work and volunteering.
Good thing we have Fran!
Maybe all that information is available on Twitter, but like you admitted, you (and I) don't have the time or the inclination to boil through it and post the relevant information on this board. I don't care where Fran gets all his information, I'm just glad he goes through the effort and posts it here.

Now the bickering.....

Maybe all that information is available on Twitter, but like you admitted, you (and I) don't have the time or the inclination to boil through it and post the relevant information on this board. I don't care where Fran gets all his information, I'm just glad he goes through the effort and posts it here.

Now the bickering.....
I used to agree with you and took the good with the bad. It’s more bad than good lately so I put him on ignore. I’ll shut up about it now. Sorry for annoying everyone.

Reactions: kceasthawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT