ADVERTISEMENT

Parco

Caliendo is already shredded at 65. I’d hate to cut muscle off his frame, especially after the season he just had. He was easily our most exciting wrestler to watch.
So true, need him feeling good at whatever weight because he’s dynamic and entertaining to watch. Not saying the others aren’t.

Caliendo is already shredded at 65. I’d hate to cut muscle off his frame, especially after the season he just had. He was easily our most exciting wrestler to watch.
He didn’t look like he had 8 pounds of fat on him to loose. M star looked better at Iowa after he jumped up a weight, as have many others.

Reactions: el dub
So true, need him feeling good at whatever weight because he’s dynamic and entertaining to watch. Not saying the others aren’t.
Then I'll say it, the others aren't dynamic or fun to watch.

Perhaps Cobe can jump levels and Gabe cracks the lineup, then perhaps we can add those two to the "F*n List"

*Edit* I hope Parco can also slot into this. I'm excited to see what he can do.

Last edited:
Current AA list and at least 5 semi-finalists?

125-Ayala
149-Parco
157-COBE/Kennedy
165-Caliendo
174-Gabe
184-Brands
197-Glazier
285-Cass?

Reactions: T8KUDWN
Parco? Blocks gonna be a redshirt freshman a year removed from a knee injury and 0 mat time. Parco is a solid AA.

let me preface this by saying it all might be a moot point if ryder can make 141 but the chatter is he may not be able to. if he can’t make it, then a solid aa doesn’t move the needle when the gap is so wide.

they need to recruit and develop guys who can compete for 4 years. ryder is a top 25 recruit. if you don’t even give him a chance to win the job instead of wasting resources on a 1 year rental then what is the point in even recruiting him?

let me preface this by saying it all might be a moot point if ryder can make 141 but the chatter is he may not be able to. if he can’t make it, then a solid aa doesn’t move the needle when the gap is so wide.

they need to recruit and develop guys who can compete for 4 years. ryder is a top 25 recruit. if you don’t even give him a chance to win the job instead of wasting resources on a 1 year rental then what is the point in even recruiting him?
He’s a proven commodity. The best part is he’s only a one year rental. I hope block lights the world on fire but he hasn’t competed so he can still develop.

He’s a proven commodity. The best part is he’s only a one year rental. I hope block lights the world on fire but he hasn’t competed so he can still develop.

i would love to be wrong about it but it’s just my initial reaction. i’m sure it will work itself out in the long run

What's your thoughts on how he does? Where he fits in? What's it do for the guys he will have to wrestle off?

Should be a mid-high AA next year shouldn’t have much trouble beating VV or Rathjen
Parco is a stud 3X AA (8th, 4th and 5th) He notably beat our own Max Murin in 2023 and beat number 1 seed Ridge Lovett. He finished 29-7 last season.

Last edited:
i would love to be wrong about it but it’s just my initial reaction. i’m sure it will work itself out in the long run
I get it. But Block is a ? Coming off redshirt and injury. Maybe he doesn’t get in and gets a medical to keep 4 years. They’re like candy.

I wonder if Estrada is going to certify at 141 for depth. Also, possibly Kale Petersen grows into 141 for much needed depth. Hopefully Block can make the cut but if not those 2 seem like our best options.

I wonder if Estrada is going to certify at 141 for depth. Also, possibly Kale Petersen grows into 141 for much needed depth. Hopefully Block can make the cut but if not those 2 seem like our best options.
KP had a late season knee injury. Not sure how much we can expect from him at 33 or 41.

That is one massive hole we have brewing at 41 if we don't get Alirez.

Pyles said on FRL that he heard Cobe is killing it in the room. I wouldn’t be a shocked if PK is on the bench next season.
Hate to say it because I'm a huge PK fan, but my man has had his opportunities, despite the injury bug. Hope he can break into the lineup and finally AA but I'd rather keep a rocking Caliendo vice a shrunken version just to get PK in the lineup. If a lighter Caliendo is just as good then I'm up for whatever...

Then I'll say it, the others aren't dynamic or fun to watch.

Perhaps Cobe can jump levels and Gabe cracks the lineup, then perhaps we can add those two to the "F*n List"

*Edit* I hope Parco can also slot into this. I'm excited to see what he can do.
Concur, there wasn't much about our team that was fun to watch last year. Even the wins weren't all that fun to watch because most were nailbiters with almost no offense. Ugh!

Maybe 1 out 3 at best. With another year in the room the gap will widen as Arnold's ceiling is simply higher than PKs due to his strength and athleticism. And I really like Kennedy but this is how it goes if you want to compete for championships.
This is the PSU way on a much smaller scale. For a long time I was a big get PK into the lineup guy because I still had hope he was that top 5 pfp guy we were so excited about. But after 4 years in the room, is he really going to make a significant jump? If Anthony F joins the team and looks even better at 157, probably his ideal weight, do want PK in the lineup still instead of getting a younger guy like him with a higher ceiling some experience for the future? Best we can hope for next year is 2nd, so I go with the younger guys if I thinks they can also get us there.

Hate to say it because I'm a huge PK fan, but my man has had his opportunities, despite the injury bug. Hope he can break into the lineup and finally AA but I'd rather keep a rocking Caliendo vice a shrunken version just to get PK in the lineup. If a lighter Caliendo is just as good then I'm up for whatever...
I wonder how big Caliendo really is. He's always had Franek below him at 157. Maybe he's a career 157 at a different school?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT