ADVERTISEMENT

Parco

Normally I agree with you but in this case I have to side with Spooner. We need guys at every weight that can AA
the definition of a word doesn't change based on personal needs.

but i guess we're just arguing semantics.

i'd never classify Teske as a 'hole'. Riggins/84 last year though

Reactions: Grip220 and MSU158
Again, only ONE team has EVER had 10 AA's. When the weakest spot on your team is a 12-16th ranked guy, your team is almost guaranteed to have less "holes" in their line-up than every other team in DI. Hell, until this past season, even PSU has consistently had 1-3 holes in their lineup much worse off than that.

If the team was full of those type of guys, then YES, it would be a problem. But, calling that the hole in the line-up is too much of a "spoiled" fan mentality when you actually look at the make-up of all the teams across DI...
Sorry. The sleeping giant will eventually wake up and reclaim its rightful place in the pantheon

Sorry. The sleeping giant will eventually wake up and reclaim its rightful place in the pantheon
Sorry, but a team that took 1st, 3rd, 2nd and 5th over the past 4 years is NOT sleeping. The thing you seem to completely miss is that I probably want Iowa at the top more than you do. My arguments are 100% against all the whining and incoherent ways many of you think Iowa can get there…

the definition of a word doesn't change based on personal needs.

but i guess we're just arguing semantics.

i'd never classify Teske as a 'hole'. Riggins/84 last year though
I agree, and if you know me, loyalty means a lot to me.
Nil has changed the game so much though, the program will not succeed at the levels we expect as Hawkeye fans if higher goals are not what is expected.

Nil is going destroy or completely transform college athletics

Sorry, but a team that took 1st, 3rd, 2nd and 5th over the past 4 years is NOT sleeping. The thing you seem to completely miss is that I probably want Iowa at the top more than you do. My arguments are 100% against all the whining and incoherent ways many of you think Iowa can get there…
Like, hiring DT?

It's such a ridiculously narrow-minded view. Calling a 12-16th ranked guy a "hole" when he is already the worst guy in the line-up is laughable. Hell, in many years you don't even qualify all 10 guys. When your worst guy on the team is most likely going to win multiple matches, even using the word "hole" is sad and misses the entire point.

A "hole" is a guy that would struggle to qualify and most likely would go 0-2.
Once you started the "ridiculously narrow-minded" and "laughable" is when I know you're taking this too emotionally, as if it's some ultimate insult to the wrestler. What is a "hole" is subjective to the context, and I'm addressing scoring for nationals. When one doesn't contribute AA points at nationals, it's a hole when it comes to winning the thing.

Thus, your comparisons and questions are actually irrelevant. As great as Gable was, he, of course, had holes in the lineup. Having 10 AAs has only happened once. I was there.

Probably not, I think when PSU takes a step back we will see a situation of parity between the usual suspects, maybe something more akin to 1998-2009 until another team makes a longer term run. Iowa, Minnesota, and OSU all had multiple titles until PSU started their current run.

Next time we'll probably see a tighter race with OSU or OSU, Iowa, Cornell, PSU, maybe Michigan all challenging for the top spot with maybe a few multi year runs.

Reactions: el dub
I agree, and if you know me, loyalty means a lot to me.
Nil has changed the game so much though, the program will not succeed at the levels we expect as Hawkeye fans if higher goals are not what is expected.

Nil is going destroy or completely transform college athletics
Destroy is more likely

Reactions: Grip220
Meant to bring this up earlier, but with Kyle Parco coming in I’m curious what this does for his brother Ethan Parco’s ASU commitment. Ethan was part of that brutal 150lb weight class at last years CA state tournament where he finished 3rd. He lost to future Wolverine Beau Montanana in the semis and then beat 3X CA champ and Hawkeye commit Miguel Estrada for 3rd. Does Ethan follow his bro?
I was wondering/hoping the exact same thing

Last edited:
Reactions: so cal hawkfan
Kennedy will be at 165, Caliendo will be at 157. He is making the cut.

If that’s tru then it’s likely because they think the cut will go better for Caliendo. He was a horse at 165 - if he gets to 57 with a full tank of gas - watch out!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT