ADVERTISEMENT

Parco

The other thing bouncing around my head is whether Angelo is truly going to grow into 184. If he doesn't get bigger than he is now, he's a natural 165. I think he could be pretty tough at 165 as a true freshman. It creates a long term issue at 184, but Brands is a nice stop gap.

125 - Ayala
133 - Schriever
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Caliendo
165 - Ferrari
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier/Ferrari
285 - BK

The other thing bouncing around my head is whether Angelo is truly going to grow into 184. If he doesn't get bigger than he is now, he's a natural 165. I think he could be pretty tough at 165 as a true freshman. It creates a long term issue at 184, but Brands is a nice stop gap.

125 - Ayala
133 - Schriever
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Caliendo
165 - Ferrari
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier/Ferrari
285 - BK
Quite the glaring hole we’ve got there at 133. The other 9 however are very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye

125 - Ayala
133 - Schriever
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Caliendo
165 - Ferrari
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier/Ferrari
285 - BK

i think you nailed it but Kennedy at 165. angelo cutting to 165 would be a big pull

If the rumored Haines/Mesenbrink swap is happening, I really want Caliendo at 165. I think he can hang with Haines.

willie and cp have both recently mentioned they think mesenbrink stays at 165.. if so i really hope caliendo goes to 157

Last edited:
Reactions: js8793
Eh, idk Schriever is solid. He'll qualify. Might win a couple matches. Half step down from Teske. If that's the biggest hole, it's a pretty good lineup.

I'm still curious if Cannon is an option at 133.
I like Cullan, but he definitely is the weak link in the chain. I think his biggest win ever is vs the Rini kid from Columbia in SV. His offense is pretty limited. He’s got a ton of grit, an excellent motor and is easy to root for, but he could end up being the 10th or 11th best 133lber in the conference.

125 - Ayala
133 - Schriever
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Caliendo
165 - Ferrari
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier/Ferrari
285 - BK
He mentioned Iowa specifically recruited him as 184, the other teams wanted him at 174, which would be ideal for him as freshman. This is why he needs a redshirt year. They must think he has the potential to fill out into a full 184 more than Gabe does. Coach Phil wasn’t optimistic about Gabe growing more.

Reactions: eb05 and js8793

125 - Ayala
133 - Schriever
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Caliendo
165 - Ferrari
174 - Arnold
184 - Brands
197 - Glazier/Ferrari
285 - BK
It would be fun to see a rematch of Angelo and MM. Angelo won a close one when he was a freshman and MM was a junior. If Angelo could keep it close now, I would be very impressed. Unfortunately, this will never happen. Seen a picture of Angelo with an old high school teammate recently, and he looks bigger already.

It would be fun to see a rematch of Angelo and MM. Angelo won a close one when he was a freshman and MM was a junior. If Angelo could keep it close now, I would be very impressed. Unfortunately, this will never happen. Seen a picture of Angelo with an old high school teammate recently, and he looks bigger already.
This is good news, but also a bummer cuz I really want to see that match. Great style clash.

I bet, ...

giphy.gif

let me preface this by saying it all might be a moot point if ryder can make 141 but the chatter is he may not be able to. if he can’t make it, then a solid aa doesn’t move the needle when the gap is so wide.

they need to recruit and develop guys who can compete for 4 years. ryder is a top 25 recruit. if you don’t even give him a chance to win the job instead of wasting resources on a 1 year rental then what is the point in even recruiting him?
Ryder could still get 4 years of competition at 149 even with Parco holding down 149 this year. He can get last year back down the line since he didn’t compete due to injury. Let him get healthy this year and get his feet under him. Seems like a win/win bringing in Parco IMO.

Last edited:
Meant to bring this up earlier, but with Kyle Parco coming in I’m curious what this does for his brother Ethan Parco’s ASU commitment. Ethan was part of that brutal 150lb weight class at last years CA state tournament where he finished 3rd. He lost to future Wolverine Beau Montanana in the semis and then beat 3X CA champ and Hawkeye commit Miguel Estrada for 3rd. Does Ethan follow his bro?

Ryder could still get 4 years of competition at 149 even with Parco holding down 149 this year. He can get last year back down the line since he didn’t compete due to injury. Let him get healthy this year and get his feet u see him. Seems like a win/win bringing in Parco IMO.

that is a good point. if that is the plan then it could make sense.

that is a good point. if that is the plan then it could make sense.
Ryder could still get 4 years of competition at 149 even with Parco holding down 149 this year. He can get last year back down the line since he didn’t compete due to injury. Let him get healthy this year and get his feet u see him. Seems like a win/win bringing in Parco IMO.
So who’s going 141 then?

Reactions: pawrestler4life
125: Ayala
133: I think Pedersen is the guy
141: hopefully Block can make it down
149: Parco
157: Cali
165: PK/Ferrari
174: Gabe
184: Brands
197: Ferrari/Glazier
Hwt: BK
Pretty salty lineup and if Starfish and Kirk were done wrestling we might just have beaten them with lineup.

This is good news, but also a bummer cuz I really want to see that match. Great style clash.
If you have flo you can watch the original match. They both still wrestled similar to how they do now, just a little smaller and less refined. Angelo is hard to score on, just like AJ.

Love PK but no way he beats Gabe. PK will be back down at 165 and probably have to wrestle off against Ferrari.
If caliendo goes 157, it will be Anthony Ferrari he will be competing against. Will have huge experience and size advantage . If he doesn’t beat him out, the we know PK is shot. Angelo will be redshirting at 184.

If caliendo goes 157, it will be Anthony Ferrari he will be competing against. Will have huge experience and size advantage . If he doesn’t beat him out, the we know PK is shot. Angelo will be redshirting at 184.
Anthony doesn’t seem big enough for 65

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT