ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Kennedy #1

Given the choice, I personally would not send my kid to an inner city College. The reasons seem pretty clear without getting into it, but to each his own.

Many have done just fine at Minnesota, so it certainly can and has been done. I live in the burbs and avoid Minneapolis and St. Paul like the plague (sporting events and concerts only, in and out). Both Liberal Hellholes with high crime, no thanks.

Kind of redundant isn’t it 23? Liberal Hellhole and High Crime? I can’t think of a conservative neighborhood that has high crime. Just make sure you’re reporting to jury duty when summoned, we need you sir! ;)

Last edited:
Given the choice, I personally would not send my kid to an inner city College. The reasons seem pretty clear without getting into it, but to each his own.

Many have done just fine at Minnesota, so it certainly can and has been done. I live in the burbs and avoid Minneapolis and St. Paul like the plague (sporting events and concerts only, in and out). Both Liberal Hellholes with high crime, no thanks.

Thanks. Please stay in the suburbs.

Really?

Reactions: natchrlman
From an outstate person in MN, much of wrestling in our state is revolved around the Twin Cities Metro. Those kids grow up wanting to be Gophers because the area is littered with Gophers, Gopher staff show up places, Gopher duals are easier to attend, etc. The outstate kids grow up wanting to be in other singlets because they're sometimes closer to the college, those colleges show up in their area. Attending a dual at UNI is easier than combating the traffic and dealing with parking at a Gopher dual, in my own past experience.

They still land a few of the kids outside of the city, but given the Shakopee's, Apple Valley's, and Pinnacle's of the TC Metro area, they don't have to recruit outside of it very often. It's the smarter strategy, but will result in losing an outstate stud now and then.

From an outstate person in MN, much of wrestling in our state is revolved around the Twin Cities Metro. Those kids grow up wanting to be Gophers because the area is littered with Gophers, Gopher staff show up places, Gopher duals are easier to attend, etc. The outstate kids grow up wanting to be in other singlets because they're sometimes closer to the college, those colleges show up in their area. Attending a dual at UNI is easier than combating the traffic and dealing with parking at a Gopher dual, in my own past experience.

They still land a few of the kids outside of the city, but given the Shakopee's, Apple Valley's, and Pinnacle's of the TC Metro area, they don't have to recruit outside of it very often. It's the smarter strategy, but will result in losing an outstate stud now and then.

If you are not getting the kids in your own state that you want, you are not hustling enough or just lazy. Albert Lea (close to the border and home to Glazier) is 212 miles to Iowa City. About 100 to the twin cities. Kasson is close to the same. I get it, but I don't think a few hours in a car is the issue.

Plenty of crime in the more rural areas, just different kinds of depravity.
http://www.wctrib.com/news/crime-an...cing-over-1400-charges-after-allegedly-having

Reactions: el dub
Plenty of crime in the more rural areas, just different kinds of depravity.
http://www.wctrib.com/news/crime-an...cing-over-1400-charges-after-allegedly-having

Spencer Lee...about to play with his food
Red-tailed-Hawk-flying-with-food.jpg

Reactions: CumberlandHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT