ADVERTISEMENT

PDIII- Where will he go

Has to graduate before he can transfer and be eligible for D1. Given he's a complete knucklehead with no interest in academics, that isn't happening. If he goes it will be at a lower level.

Reactions: crablegs1
Is he gonna wrestle this upcoming season? If so, where do you se him going?
I see him being a national champ. He has that talent.

rtr2n9tx-e1471539479550.jpg

the way i understand it, Downey would have to do the following to wrestle next year

1) Graduate from ISU, which he already left
2) know what the GRE is
3) score high enough on the GRE to get accepted by some graduate program
4) find a graduate program that, by some measure of grace, would extend their 2017 application deadline, which has already passed
5) find professors, or anyone else, to write letters of recommendation
6) get accepted by a graduate school w/ a DI team

it ain't happenin'

the way i understand it, Downey would have to do the following to wrestle next year

2) know what the GRE is
4) find a graduate program that, by some measure of grace, would extend their 2017 application deadline, which has already passed

it ain't happenin'
Can you take the GRE on Twitter?

2) know what the GRE is

it ain't happenin'
Can you set up an exhibition match between Nickal and Downey, so that we can finally know how long it will take Downey to pin him?

I figure since he was on the money with the prediction of Dean's inability to three peat, Cornell should have room for him. How hard could it be to get in there?

Reactions: WDuck5217
Going off of his Snapchat he's living with Andy Bisek up in Wisconsin and focusing on freestyle. I doubt he suits up in a college uniform ever again.

Reactions: Edgar Wade
He took in Andrew Long...
Long was exhibiting an effort and made a commitment to get/stay on the right track. Long was launched when he wavered from that commitment.
Downey is unapologetic and glorifies all the things that would get him launched.

If he wanted to Downey could find an opportunity somewhere. With all of his talent someone would take a chance. But he would have to at least pretend to change to get that chance. Right now if a coach brought him in they wouldn't be "taking a chance" as they know the outcome already. Trainwreck.

Long was exhibiting an effort and made a commitment to get/stay on the right track. Long was launched when he wavered from that commitment.
Downey is unapologetic and glorifies all the things that would get him launched.

If he wanted to Downey could find an opportunity somewhere. With all of his talent someone would take a chance. But he would have to at least pretend to change to get that chance. Right now if a coach brought him in they wouldn't be "taking a chance" as they know the outcome already. Trainwreck.
Sounds like an Early III "chance".

He took in Andrew Long...

As PBS said, he was making an effort to change. And when he screwed up, Mitchell said you're gone.

Most of the guys that Mitchell has gotten who have been in trouble before never get in trouble again. He must be doing something right in terms of his leadership.

If he wanted to Downey could find an opportunity somewhere. With all of his talent someone would take a chance. But he would have to at least pretend to change to get that chance. Right now if a coach brought him in they wouldn't be "taking a chance" as they know the outcome already. Trainwreck.[/QUOT

Sounds like an Early III "chance".

PBS- looks like he's working on the farm and had said he's been sober for 30 days. He's still gambling though. Not sticking up for him in any way. Just throwing it out there.

Widespread- that's just beyond unnecessary.

Reactions: wasdt21
The only places I could see Downey going are either
1.) Penn State
Downey's a guaranteed national champ... so PSU is definitely a top choice
2.) Stanford or Cornell
Based on PD3's tweets, we all know he's very intelligent and would fit in nicely at one of these schools. Could see Palacio changing PD3's outlook on life as well before he graduates.
3.) Nebraska
Seems to fit right in with the coaching staff and athletes here as well.
Overall: If I had to bet on it, I think he will forego his final year of eligibility and head right to the OTC to pursue his quest to becoming the greatest American wrestler ever ;)

Last edited:
1.) Penn State
2.) Stanford or Cornell
Based on PD3's tweets, we all know he's very intelligent and would fit in nicely at one of these schools. Could see Palacio changing PD3's outlook on life as well before he graduates.
3.) Nebraska
Overall: If I had to bet on it, I think he will forego his final year of eligibility and head right to the OTC to pursue his quest to becoming the greatest American wrestler ever.

I don't know if you are kidding or not. Not a chance any of these schools would ever take him.

1.) Penn State
2.) Stanford or Cornell
3.) Nebraska
Overall: If I had to bet on it, I think he will forego his final year of eligibility and head right to the OTC to pursue his quest to becoming the greatest American wrestler ever ;)

I know you're joking, and there's some good stuff in there, but note he started his career at Nebby and wasn't a good fit there, either.

2) know what the GRE is

it ain't happenin'

"2) know what the GRE is" made me laugh out loud. Well done Willy.

I disagree, Minnesota won't take him.
Stop making fun of Minnesota, they're trying to emulate the Hawkeyes. I think they get back to contending for trophys as soon as the out of State elite kids feel the culture in the room has cleaned up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT