ADVERTISEMENT

Penn Swimmer who Competed as Male for 3 Seasons Now Dominating Women’s Swimming

So no Democratic parent of a girl would create a “hot button”?
No, but can you admit it’s primarily individuals like you who are worriedly in about primarily a phantom issue. Yes if the individual was competing against my child I would have conversations with my son or daughter.

Why does something need to be widespread for it to be newsworthy? Or supported? Or prevented from happening more often?

You guys really hate when shit like this is brought to light, don’t you? I mean…Who gives a shit if someone gives a shit?
This is just so far my list of important things that we need to worry about.

How many trans athletes out there that compete at a high level? Honestly.

i just get tired of seeing these handful of exceptions every year that get pointed out like they’re taking over womens athletics. And fairness, seriously? We are all grown adults here - I hope. I think we all should know by now that life isn’t fair.

i just get tired of seeing these handful of exceptions every year that get pointed out like they’re taking over womens athletics. And fairness, seriously? We are all grown adults here - I hope. I think we all should know by now that life isn’t fair.
But shouldn't gender based sports have people of the same gender?

Well the women that worked for and held those records at Penn just lost those records. The other women that would aspire to break those records almost certainly will not be able to do so regardless of their talent or their work ethic. That seems fairly significant. Also seems really unfair.

What do you tell your son or daughter when they lose to a superior athlete, do you look for an excuse or a loophole, or do you build them up. FYI, I would use it as iron sharpens iron situation -put it as a carrot to push my Child to perform better. Use it as a talking point about equality and how we should all have an opportunity to compete. There is no participation trophies lay it on the line and give it your best.
Personally, I don’t give a shit about the fairness of the issue. My contention is with those who swear up and down that this dude doesn’t have an advantage.

You have to get a lot of the delusional people who believe that to come back to reality before you can come close to arguing the issue of fairness.

If she missed the cut for varsity, then she would swim on the jr. varsity until she got better (this wasn't the case for my daughter because everyone who came out for the team made it). Yes, you are right, there are plenty of folks out there who would be bothered by this, and a lot of other insignificant issues.
Insignificant to who exactly? It is significant enough to draw national and international attention. Seems pretty significant.

I a
That's what this topic is about. You are the one bringing up middle aged transgender you knew in Sioux City in the 90's. Was trying to figure out how that was relevant to the topic.
I asked if you knew a single trans individual in your life, you responded by asking if I knew of any before 2010. You need to work on your reading comprehension.

If you get everyone to admit the truth that boys who become girls have a definite built in advantage, I swear I’d never bring it up. But that’s not gonna happen. They just can’t do it. So yeah, as long as these nuts hold on to their stupid belief, they need to keep getting proven wrong.

What do you tell your son or daughter when they lose to a superior athlete, do you look for an excuse or a loophole, or do you build them up. FYI, I would use it as iron sharpens iron situation -put it as a carrot to push my Child to perform better. Use it as a talking point about equality and how we should all have an opportunity to compete. There is no participation trophies lay it on the line and give it your best.
Using that logic, why even have men’s and women’s teams at all then? Why not have your daughter compete against men? Tell her, “Iron sharpens iron, so suck it up buttercup, there’s no participation trophies.“

"her time in the 200 free ranks her 9th in the NCAA so far this season."
What was the ranking when swimming with the dudes?

Is a middling dude swimmer a top10 female at the NCAA level?

Is this still a thing that bothers people who don’t have shit-all else to be scared of?
Is it a bother to have women’s sports at all?
Weird that you take an issue of fairness and want to treat it like a phobia.

I a

I asked if you knew a single trans individual in your life, you responded by asking if I knew of any before 2010. You need to work on your reading comprehension.
No. You said this isn't happening any more than before. I said do you know of any cases of boys/men competing in women sports pre 2010? Do you?

Reactions: Bulldogs1974
Using that logic, why even have men’s and women’s teams at all then? Why not have your daughter compete against men? Tell her, “Iron sharpens iron, so suck it up buttercup, there’s no participation trophies.“
"Catch THESE hands, buttercup!"

Why not give everyone participation trophies. African American athletes can’t compete because they have better bone structure. Wont want to compete against players that practice harder and more, can’t play against richer individuals because they have more advantages at lessons better equipment. There will always be challenges, and the odds either of my children face this are slim to none. keep trying to find these obscure examples.

You should give that exact talk to the next male that wants to compete with females. Tell her that staying with the males will toughen her up. I mean…the exact same perfect logic.

I certainly never heard of it until the last couple years. Can you cite some specific examples from the 70's, 80's, 90's or even pre 2010? Seems to me it's happening more if you can't provide instances from even 12 years ago.
At what point do you mention any athlete in this above post, you use pronouns, never reference what you want to reference. The question was do you know any trans individual. Then you came back with a snide remark.

You should give that exact talk to the next male that wants to compete with females. Tell her that staying with the males will toughen her up. I mean…the exact same perfect logic.
So trans athletes shouldn’t compete, your same logic

Women swimmers would tell you to go f yourself.

So trans athletes shouldn’t compete, your same logic
They definitely should compete. I’m all for it. If they’re becoming female, they should admit that they have a built in advantage and stay competing against what they were three weeks ago. Then when they start to want things easier for themselves, BOOM, hit them with your great speech about how their swords need to be sharpened by other players with swords. And by swords I mean penises.

Why not give everyone participation trophies. African American athletes can’t compete because they have better bone structure. Wont want to compete against players that practice harder and more, can’t play against richer individuals because they have more advantages at lessons better equipment. There will always be challenges, and the odds either of my children face this are slim to none. keep trying to find these obscure examples.
@Dr. Spaceman
This guy's dumber than you!

They definitely should compete. I’m all for it. If they’re becoming female, they should admit that they have a built in advantage and stay competing against what they were three weeks ago. Then when they start to want things easier for themselves, BOOM, hit them with your great speech about how their swords need to be sharpened by other players with swords. And by swords I mean penises.
So a male that has been on treatments for 2 years should compete against males so is then at a disadvantag. Someone is going to be at a disadvantage.

Reactions: sober_teacher
So a male that has been on treatments for 2 years should compete against males so is then at a disadvantag. Someone is going to be at a disadvantage.
Yeah…and if I CHOOSE TO cut off my foot I’m at a disadvantage as well. Doesn’t mean I should get to arm wrestle girls now. No one is telling them to change their genders.

Reactions: IsaacHarrison
Yeah…and if I CHOOSE TO cut off my foot I’m at a disadvantage as well. Doesn’t mean I should get to arm wrestle girls now. No one is telling them to change their genders.
No you just want someone who is effectively a female to be forced to compete against males. So what about the female wrestler in Texas who was transitioning to be a man. She was forced to wrestle girls, based on your same argument. Is that fair? Transgender goes both ways. It sounds like you want all trans athletes to compete as men.

I already stated it. Bone structure is likely that, muscle mass should be similar after a year.
There needs to be a discussion with every Trans person that goes like this…”Are you sure you want to do this? You’re putting yourself in a tough spot with this voluntary change. Bathroom stuff, dressing rooms, oh…and you’re still gonna have to race against other males. You sure you want to go through with this?”

There needs to be a discussion with every Trans person that goes like this…”Are you sure you want to do this? You’re putting yourself in a tough spot with this voluntary change. Bathroom stuff, dressing rooms, oh…and you’re still gonna have to race against other males. You sure you want to go through with this?”
What about females …

Trans athletes can compete. With their biological gender
Ok glad to know your ok with women being disadvantaged by competing against other females that have transitioned and taken testosterone for over year and much more muscle mass. This isn’t as clear cut as you want to make it,

No you just want someone who is effectively a female to be forced to compete against males. So what about the female wrestler in Texas who was transitioning to be a man. She was forced to wrestle girls, based on your same argument. Is that fair? Transgender goes both ways. It sounds like you want all trans athletes to compete as men.
There you go. As I thought. They are not “effectively a female”. Not even close.

As for girls becoming boys, yes, they should compete against girls. And if the rules don’t allow you to be hopped up on testosterone…guess what? You get to stop taking them or play intramurals. Sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT