ADVERTISEMENT

Planet Fitness trans policy

Never said it was awesome. Moron. It’s close To where I live. We’ve been through this. I‘m sorry you were clearly ass raped somewhere on the course.
Take it easy, guy. It's an open secret that the new trans at ol' B-wood is hitting it past you like Woods was DiMarco. Everybody is talking about it, and the murmurs aren't going away anytime soon.

Omg the horror! If seeing someone naked is so traumatizing idk maybe don't go in the locker room? It's a freaking body and we are all adults. You people are ****ing nuts.
They're not all adults though. In fact, a lot of the controversy involving planet fitness is that a 12 year old girl was exposed to a penis belonging to an adult man..

What makes a bathroom any different than any other public space? Do the presence of toilets somehow make it infinitely more dangerous?
No. The presence of sexual offenders and their raging hard cocks makes it more dangerous. I thought that was an easy one.

Honest question - how many assaults have taken place by trans people in these public bathrooms? I’m sure they have a very long way to go to catch the church or the Boy Scouts, two groups I have spent a lot of time involved in BTW.
Assault stats aside how about the right to privacy? To being comfortable in a space?
Reconfigure all facilities so these setups are individual shower/dressing areas that can be used by either sex/gender or leave them set up as is.
I’m a PF member and a woman.

Reactions: Scruddy
If grown women are "okay" with it, then it's on them... but from what I can see, they aren't over the moon with the idea of sharing their spaces with dudes with C&Bs....

But there are kids who use the facilities. Who's rights matter more? Who should we be looking to protect more? The grown person who made a brave and difficult CHOICE to transition or the girls who shouldn't be exposed to the potential to see some half and halfs twig and berries.

Reactions: goldmom
We were in Charleston last spring and there was a large public both sex restroom. It was different - washing hands next to a woman in a RR - but nobody seemed bothered by it. Probably 7-8 women and 4-5 men in there at once.

I think this is one of those boogeymen that Republicans throw out there to get us to forget that they don’t govern.
Did you drop a deuce?

Is the concern that men will falsely dress as women to gain access to the women's locker room? Couldn't they already do this?
I can't speak for anyone else's concerns, but I'm concerned about young girls getting a biology lesson they don't need.

Some people have zero modesty in a locker room setting. They're completely fine just walking around naked. A father and a husband shouldn't have to be worried about what's happening in a WOMEN's space where his wife or daughter might be because we either have to pander to the mentally ill, OR face the consequences of the left and being cancelled or labeled a bigot etc.

We were in Charleston last spring and there was a large public both sex restroom. It was different - washing hands next to a woman in a RR - but nobody seemed bothered by it. Probably 7-8 women and 4-5 men in there at once.

I think this is one of those boogeymen that Republicans throw out there to get us to forget that they don’t govern.
I assume you believe OPs story about his GF is made up.

If one of your female students came to you and said they were uncomfortable changing with biological males in the locker room, would you dismiss her? You'd just assume her parents were republican and that's why she says she's not comfortable changing in front of biological males?

Sometimes it's not about politics.

Is the concern that men will falsely dress as women to gain access to the women's locker room? Couldn't they already do this?
I think it starts with the utter nonsense that they want to let the trans women feel comfortable and be allowed to use the bathroom of their opposite sex while completely disregarding the comfort of the 99.7% of all of the other women there.

Again, there's some shit that should be baked into the transition cake. "You want to become a woman? Great. Just be aware, until you are fully transitioned, you're a dude and will be expected to do dude stuff when it comes to sports and locker rooms. But pretty much everything else you can be a lady for. Are you sure you want to go through with this still?" How hard is it to have that conversation?

Assault stats aside how about the right to privacy? To being comfortable in a space?
Reconfigure all facilities so these setups are individual shower/dressing areas that can be used by either sex/gender or leave them set up as is.
I’m a PF member and a woman.

I agree 100%. I was responding to a specific question.

I think it starts with the utter nonsense that they want to let the trans women feel comfortable and be allowed to use the bathroom of their opposite sex while completely disregarding the comfort of the 99.7% of all of the other women there.

Again, there's some shit that should be baked into the transition cake. "You want to become a woman? Great. Just be aware, until you are fully transitioned, you're a dude and will be expected to do dude stuff when it comes to sports and locker rooms. But pretty much everything else you can be a lady for. Are you sure you want to go through with this still?" How hard is it to have that conversation?
The comfort of the 99.7% isn't really important.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT