ADVERTISEMENT

Post game thoughts.....

83Hawk

HR Legend
Sep 17, 2002
1. Labas played well considering it was his first action, and against a quality defense. It is glaringly obvious he should have been given a chance early this season.

2. Defense.......'nuff said!

3. Castro, X-man, and Cooper......the future looks bright!

4. I know the Sunshine Club won't like this, but I have to say it. Brian needs to go. Period. End of story. He is a terrible, terrible, terrible OC. His playcalling today was awful. Yeah yeah yeah.....the o-line is bad. But Labas proved today there are ways to minimize that.

Labas did a heck of a job considering his OC showed zero confidence in him. Embarrassing series w LaPorta running the wildcat. Brian and OL coach need to go. Parker and his group are the bomb. Love that we won but I can’t think of a time where we won 21-0 that it is not a great feeling. BF is terrible. We should move on but we won’t. So sad.

Didn't say they were. But you can tell who actually wants to watch Iowa football and who would rather have a target for incessant bitching based on how they post after wins.
I get what you’re saying. We should be happy with the W and it was a team win. That said, I got bored as I’m sure many did with the continued inept offense. Both can be true.

1. Labas played well considering it was his first action, and against a quality defense. It is glaringly obvious he should have been given a chance early this season.

2. Defense.......'nuff said!

3. Castro, X-man, and Cooper......the future looks bright!

4. I know the Sunshine Club won't like this, but I have to say it. Brian needs to go. Period. End of story. He is a terrible, terrible, terrible OC. His playcalling today was awful. Yeah yeah yeah.....the o-line is bad. But Labas proved today there are ways to minimize that.
I don’t think I’ve seen one poster say Brian should be back next year.

1. today's caliber labas with the horrible OL play still looked like the best qb i've seen at iowa since cj left
2. qb, rb, te, and wr looked reasonable. it is so obvious that even with a average OL (and labas back there) would be a middle of the pack offense.
3. per eye test, labas can throw a beautiful long ball.
4. x and cooper just might keep the defensive backfield from losing any prowess. and castro looks better than hooker was.
5. if ol remains as is, cade is going to do squat at iowa. labas might be the better option if the line remains porous. at least 3-4 massive sacks were avoided by labas.
6. center-qb exchange looked incredibly normal. wtf was going on with petras and padilla all season?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT