ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal target for Fran

I'm starting to believe that perhaps Mulvey is too nice a kid to play at this level. You need to have a bit of an aggressive mean streak to know you can dominate your opponent and I haven't seen that in Riley.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
I'm starting to believe that perhaps Mulvey is too nice a kid to play at this level. You need to have a bit of an aggressive mean streak to know you can dominate your opponent and I haven't seen that in Riley.
when did you see this aggressive streak in Olaseni or Woodbury I don't recall seeing it till their JR seasons and now after just his SO season you are suggesting that Mulvey doesn't belong to play for Iowa,

Could be. I'm hoping that Fran bringing in all these new bigs, when he is returning, will wake up his competitive spirit. He has great length and good athleticism, which you can't coach. I have seen big guys go from nothing to really good contributors after a year or two before. No reason to expect it, but gotta root for the kid.

here were Mulvey stats
12 games
49 minutes
4.1 mpg
0.9 ppg
1 steal
5 blocks

how many blocks or steals was Riley to get for you to be impressed?

Last edited:
here were Mulvey stats
12 games
49 minutes
4.1 mpg
0.9 ppg
1 steal
5 blocks

how many blocks or steals was Riley to get for you to be impressed?
49 total minutes on the court in two years tells you he hasn't done anything so far. If that continues this year, I will be surprised if he is on the team the next year. Playing time for the five bigs on the team should be interesting.

He is not at an AAU BB camp
He is in Iowa City dealing with Jack's situation
a4a0e5fefa6d5d9c6a57d0349001e70d.gif

49 total minutes on the court in two years tells you he hasn't done anything so far. If that continues this year, I will be surprised if he is on the team the next year. Playing time for the five bigs on the team should be interesting.
that's just 1 season, the 22-23 season
in the 2021-22 season his stats were these
17 gp
4.9 mpg
0.9 ppg
0.9 rpg
5 total blocks

next time try looking up a player stats before you put him down. hmmm you use 1 set of stats and try to make it out as that is what it was for two rather than just one.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
Could be. I'm hoping that Fran bringing in all these new bigs, when he is returning, will wake up his competitive spirit. He has great length and good athleticism, which you can't coach. I have seen big guys go from nothing to really good contributors after a year or two before. No reason to expect it, but gotta root for the kid.
If he could develop a 3 pt shot like Brad Lohaus did late in his college career that would be great.

But what was his ESPN star rating?
they didn't have star rankng's he was a McDonald AA out of Arizona... most Iowa fans thought he would decommit and follow Lute to Arizona. Brad surprised most Iowa fans when he didn't and Ravelling shit on him by telling to leave as he would not play for him.

Brad did not fit his style of play, translation he was white. Ravelling was a bigot.

they didn't have star rankng's he was a McDonald AA out of Arizona... most Iowa fans thought he would decommit and follow Lute to Arizona. Brad surprised most Iowa fans when he didn't and Ravelling shit on him by telling to leave as he would not play for him.

Brad did not fit his style of play, translation he was white. Ravelling was a bigot.
Come on man ! Don't want to bash you, but you calling George Raveling a bigot is crazy talk ! George is a great person. Lute was still at Iowa for Lohaus' redshirt year. Brad stayed on at Iowa when Lute left and I think George wanted him to develop more of a post up game and it didn't happen. Brad's game was more suited to Dr. Tom's style of play and he took advantage of it and had a great senior year and a long career in the NBA. No need to to criticize Raveling.

Come on man ! Don't want to bash you, but you calling George Raveling a bigot is crazy talk ! George is a great person. Lute was still at Iowa for Lohaus' redshirt year. Brad stayed on at Iowa when Lute left and I think George wanted him to develop more of a post up game and it didn't happen. Brad's game was more suited to Dr. Tom's style of play and he took advantage of it and had a great senior year and a long career in the NBA. No need to to criticize Raveling.

Lute was gone when BL redhsirted. karnack is a known racist...he got banned from here before for posting racist garbage so that is why he attacks Raveling.

Lute was gone when BL redhsirted. karnack is a known racist...he got banned from here before for posting racist garbage so that is why he attacks Raveling.
Brad enrolled at Iowa for the fall, 1982 semester. The 82-83 season was Lute's last season at Iowa.

Incorrect ...Brad's RS season = 82/83 ...Lute's last season at Iowa = 82/83 ...ergo, Brad was there when Lute was there.
Perhaps this is confusing because Lohaus's redshirt season was not his first year, but rather his third year.

Brad arrived in the 82-83 season, and played under Lute Olson. (Averaged 1.3 ppg)
In 83-84, he played under George Raveling. (6.8 ppg)
In 84-85, he redshirted (under Raveling)
In 85-86, he played his junior year under Raveling. (3.6 ppg)
In 86-87, he played his senior year under Tom Davis. (11.3 ppg)

Perhaps this is confusing because Lohaus's redshirt season was not his first year, but rather his third year.

Brad arrived in the 82-83 season, and played under Lute Olson. (Averaged 1.3 ppg)
In 83-84, he played under George Raveling. (6.8 ppg)
In 84-85, he redshirted (under Raveling)
In 85-86, he played his junior year under Raveling. (3.6 ppg)
In 86-87, he played his senior year under Tom Davis. (11.3 ppg)
Ok, thanks for clarifying that. I had wrongly assumed that he redshirted his first year on campus. Redshirting certainly worked out for Brad as his abilities really meshed well with Dr. Tom's style of play.

if Ravelling had stayed Brad, BJ Roy would never have sniffed the NBA. that elite 8 would have never happened.

for those that remember George's took Lutes last team that reached the sweet 16 and had a losing season with it. making 2 NCAAT and losing in the 1st game. both times.
George gets credit for recruiting them. not developing them. that was all Dr. Tom. the sad part is that he was trashed by posters and kept giving George all the credit for the whole 13 years, ignoring the 2 McDonald AA Dr. Tom got to commit

Kingsbury out of Ohio
Kenyon Murray out of Michigan
and now their sons are playing for Fran. in 13 season Dr. Tom holds the all time win record,

I expect Fran will hold the all time record after this season. Iowa has been to the NCAAT 25 Times Dr. Tom 7 times
Fran 5 times

that is 12 trips by Fran and Dr. Tom

Last edited:
opinion on when to use Brecht in the rotation?
tomorrow or wait if Iowa wins tomorrow
win or lose tomorrow they will play another game. so do they use him to continue playing in the BTT?

opinion on when to use Brecht in the rotation?
tomorrow or wait if Iowa wins tomorrow
win or lose tomorrow they will play another game. so do they use him to continue playing in the BTT?
Call Raveling a bigot, lot of star ratings from guys in HS and throws in who pitches for Iowa in BTT tomorrow all in one thread. Yep, on par for a typical Kilroy thread...

have you met him? I have thru my days as a AAU Coach.

then I met Dr. Tom and we became friends, Iremember sitting in Carver Watching player's just shooting with a ball assistant shagging balls for them.

George left because of the lack of Black People.
I did meet Coach Raveling and he couldn't have been a nicer guy. Could have been an isolated incident but he seemed like a good guy.

my oldest went to a UNI camp and Iowa camp. my youngest went Eldon Miller team camp.. my youngest gave up both FB and BB because he got tired of being to short/small to play, too small to play for a class 1A school but was able to start for team that was made up of kids that all ended up starting for all the biggest schools in Waterloo.

but he is happy with his choice of concentrating on bowling. still took him to Cadilac lanes junior league every saterday morning and made the monthly trip so he could compete in the JR Greater Iowa that had bowler from the Mid West reaching the final's once,

most of those competing for the scholarship monies were between the ages of 15 thru 20 year olds, to me the state really should have been classes as most of the bowler develop at about the same rate. each one has a different style on how they throw the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: herkhatescy
if Ravelling had stayed Brad, BJ Roy would never have sniffed the NBA. that elite 8 would have never happened.

for those that remember George's took Lutes last team that reached the sweet 16 and had a losing season with it. making 2 NCAAT and losing in the 1st game. both times.
George gets credit for recruiting them. not developing them. that was all Dr. Tom. the sad part is that he was trashed by posters and kept giving George all the credit for the whole 13 years, ignoring the 2 McDonald AA Dr. Tom got to commit

Kingsbury out of Ohio
Kenyon Murray out of Michigan
and now their sons are playing for Fran. in 13 season Dr. Tom holds the all time win record,

I expect Fran will hold the all time record after this season. Iowa has been to the NCAAT 25 Times Dr. Tom 7 times
Fran 5 times

that is 12 trips by Fran and Dr. Tom
I would disagree with your assessment of Raveling's first season. Lute didn't really leave a great roster. Sure we had Stokes and Payne , but our guard situation was not good. Carfino was a solid player, but the other two guards that year were junior Todd Berkenpas and sophomore Andre Banks. Both averaged about 4 points per game. If you remember, Andre eventually became a solid player by his senior year, but as a sophomore he was a poor ball handler and a poor shooter. He was a good defender though. Berkenpas was small and not particularly quick. He did have a pretty good senior season the following year. Gerry Wright was on the roster but was redshirting during Raveling's first season. I'm sure many fans remember our games with Ohio State that season where their two guards ( Stokes and Taylor ) were turning us over left and right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT