ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal target for Fran

he is at AAU BB camp watching 24 and 25 players, even offering future recruits. if you are mad about that, then you have a serious problem.
I'm not mad about that, but he should be able to find the time to at least try to contact Mr Nelson

I would disagree with your assessment of Raveling's first season. Lute didn't really leave a great roster. Sure we had Stokes and Payne , but our guard situation was not good. Carfino was a solid player, but the other two guards that year were junior Todd Berkenpas and sophomore Andre Banks. Both averaged about 4 points per game. If you remember, Andre eventually became a solid player by his senior year, but as a sophomore he was a poor ball handler and a poor shooter. He was a good defender though. Berkenpas was small and not particularly quick. He did have a pretty good senior season the following year. Gerry Wright was on the roster but was redshirting during Raveling's first season. I'm sure many fans remember our games with Ohio State that season where their two guards ( Stokes and Taylor ) were turning us over left and right.
what about Hanson? he was a FR on Lutes FF team. he would have been a SR Guard on Georges 1st season. so your assessment of Georges 1st season guards was shall we say misquided after all Bob was a NBA Draft pick and a very good one at that with 1 NBA Championship in his career,

Sir Jam Alot was a transfer from USC and never RS'd, that team was damn good in the great Ravelling and he couldn't even have a winning season in his 1st season. omfg his 1st years lineup could have looked like this

C 7'0 LoHaus McDonald AA
F 6'10 Payne
F 6'10 Stokes
G 6'5 Hansen
G 6'2 Banks
Why it wasn't used only George and god knows why.

can you imagine what Fran could have done with that lineup? talk about a high scoring team and a front court in rebounding and shot blocking.

• Haha
Reactions: shoot_the_three
I would disagree with your assessment of Raveling's first season. Lute didn't really leave a great roster. Sure we had Stokes and Payne , but our guard situation was not good. Carfino was a solid player, but the other two guards that year were junior Todd Berkenpas and sophomore Andre Banks. Both averaged about 4 points per game. If you remember, Andre eventually became a solid player by his senior year, but as a sophomore he was a poor ball handler and a poor shooter. He was a good defender though. Berkenpas was small and not particularly quick. He did have a pretty good senior season the following year. Gerry Wright was on the roster but was redshirting during Raveling's first season. I'm sure many fans remember our games with Ohio State that season where their two guards ( Stokes and Taylor ) were turning us over left and right.
Agree. The bench I think was Gary Anderson and Greg Stokes? Not good. I think Raveling did make it worse though, by insisting that Carfino wasn’t a point guard and playing him at the 2. Never understood that.

George left because of the lack of Black People
That’s what Raveling said on the way out? “Hey, there are too many crackers in here. I’m going to see my black ass out.” Or something close to that?

Or, did he just leave for some unknown reason and you just assumed what you wanted to about his departure?

what about Hanson? he was a FR on Lutes FF team. he would have been a SR Guard on Georges 1st season. so your assessment of Georges 1st season guards was shall we say misquided after all Bob was a NBA Draft pick and a very good one at that with 1 NBA Championship in his career,

Sir Jam Alot was a transfer from USC and never RS'd, that team was damn good in the great Ravelling and he couldn't even have a winning season in his 1st season. omfg his 1st years lineup could have looked like this

C 7'0 LoHaus McDonald AA
F 6'10 Payne
F 6'10 Stokes
G 6'5 Hansen
G 6'2 Banks

can you imagine what Fran could have done with that lineup? talk about a high scoring team and a front court in rebounding and shot blocking.

More lies by this racist,

Bobby Hansen was a senior during Lute’s last season so never played for Raveling.

that's just 1 season, the 22-23 season
in the 2021-22 season his stats were these
17 gp
4.9 mpg
0.9 ppg
0.9 rpg
5 total blocks

next time try looking up a player stats before you put him down. hmmm you use 1 set of stats and try to make it out as that is what it was for two rather than just

I left Iowa City that year before the BB season, and don't know details, but I think Iowa was in the preseason top 10, so I think you are wrong. I believe that Brad Lohaus and Johnny Fort were supposed to be the missing pieces, who Lute had recruited. Lohaus wasn't ready, at least under Raveling's coaching. I still don't know what happened with Fort, but both players were highly regarded, at least by Lute. Raveling was an outstanding recruiter, but not-so-great at the other aspects of coaching IMO.

C 7'0 LoHaus McDonald AA
F 6'10 Payne
F 6'10 Stokes
G 6'5 Hansen
G 6'2 Banks

Hansen was a senior on Lute's last Iowa team. Gerry Wright didn't redshirt, but as a transfer he did sit out a year.

Reactions: shoot_the_three
I left Iowa City that year before the BB season, and don't know details, but I think Iowa was in the preseason top 10, so I think you are wrong. I believe that Brad Lohaus and Johnny Fort were supposed to be the missing pieces, who Lute had recruited. Lohaus wasn't ready, at least under Raveling's coaching. I still don't know what happened with Fort, but both players were highly regarded, at least by Lute. Raveling was an outstanding recruiter, but not-so-great at the other aspects of coaching IMO.
And Spider Ursery?

C 7'0 LoHaus McDonald AA
F 6'10 Payne
F 6'10 Stokes
G 6'5 Hansen
G 6'2 Banks

Hansen never played for Raveling. Lohaus was no where ready to contribute much and Banks was just awful before his senior year.

Reactions: dean_oliver222
Oh the horror, off by two points. Now answer the question you talentless fu*ker.
No really, please answer. On 12/06/2018, Iowa basketball won a home game against ISU by 14 points. A big reason they got a comfortable victory was bc a certain player went off in the first half. Dominated the whole 20 minutes, to be honest... did you enjoy that win?

Ursery, Fort, and Dave Snedeker. The answer to the trivia question of who made up Lute's last recruiting class at Iowa.
Not many lesser-performing recruiting classes in school history.

But Snedeker did visit my school when I was in elementary school. That was pretty cool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT