ADVERTISEMENT

Potential portal target for Fran

I ma sure McCaffery is actively recruiting these folks...............

Immediacy is overvalued at times. The fact that Braun hasn't been announced as having joined the team tells me there are other players Iowa is looking at for a scholarship.
I agree with this. I had the same thought once Mack selected SC and Brauns or Nimmers were not placed on scholarship now that a few days passed.

I believe players have until May 11th and there are hundreds of players still available. This could go on for awhile.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971
Guys.... Can we go after a freaking guard so we can stop embarrassing ourselves in March?
I think you underestimate our guard court. Perkins is an All Big player and Dix is solid. If Bowen , Nimmers or the fresh pan out we’re good. And I think they will.

I love this Nelson kid, hope Fran gets him. Perfect. Don’t want the 7’5” stiff.

Thought I read the contenders for him are in no order. Arkansas, Creighton, or NBA.

I have been on vacation for a week. Has Braun's commitment to Iowa ever been confirmed?

Nelson does look like a Fran guy, and even plays both ends of the court. I was disappointed that we didn't get Minor or Mack, but he would be a very nice fall back.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I have been on vacation for a week. Has Braun's commitment to Iowa ever been confirmed?

Nelson does look like a Fran guy, and even plays both ends of the court. I was disappointed that we didn't get Minor or Mack, but he would be a very nice fall back.
I’m pretty sure Braun’s commitment hasn’t been formally announced - so not confirmed.

There is no public information to my knowledge to refute the strong signals that Braun is a silent commit - either as a PWO with NIL money or a scholarship if we don’t secure another big via the portal.

Nelson is going to be tough to get I suspect.

this is Fran's best class for the number of 4 star players
top 100 by all 3 sites Sanfort 2/3
by Rivals Dembele a true 6'9 250 lb PF
by ESPN Freeman 6'11 F/C
by 247 Krikke 6'9 F/C
giving Fran has more depth at the 4/5 spots which he did not have last year.

Ogudele was unable to play extended minutes and Mulvey was not ready, with these being added his options just increased. i have read and agree with that players not giving 100% they need to sit. only thing is he very rarely had the bodies to do that.. now barring injury to do just that.

Creighton just picked up 2 more transfers today. Both look very good. If they get Nelson also - They must have a bank vault full of cash ready. Come on Fran get this guy on campus at least.

Reactions: Sheahawk
Surely Fran will make contact with Grant Nelson.... but look at all of the competition.

And note that he's "locked in" on the NBA Draft evaluation process as well....

The end of the tweet reads Nelson averaged 17.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 2.1 APG and 1.7 BPG this season. One of the top players in the portal.

As of yesterday....

Last edited:
He'll probably get an offer of guaranteed money from the NBA. So you'll have to at least beat that amount of money. To even get considered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT