ADVERTISEMENT

Potential PSU Lineup Changes

Hadn’t heard that... Flo has been saying Nickal to 197 and Shakur going to 184 pretty
Much all summer. Also Cassae going up to challenge Nevills at HWT.

Curious to see how this shakes out. Any chance we schedule a NC dual with them?

Reactions: Exo
Hadn’t heard that... Flo has been saying Nickal to 197 and Shakur going to 184 pretty
Much all summer. Also Cassae going up to challenge Nevills at HWT.

Curious to see how this shakes out. Any chance we schedule a NC dual with them?
It doesn't look like Iowa will travel to PSU this year.

Hearing this:

Hall to 165
Cenzo to 174

If this happens, and if/when they meet up against our Hawk wrestlers (Big 10 and/or NCAAs), I think these would be better matchups for PSU. Seems like Hall's style could cause Marinelli more problems than Joseph, and Kemerer would have more problem dealing with Joseph than Hall. I like our chances better with Marinelli - Joseph, and Kemerer - Hall.

It's been two years the other way around so it's kind of a surprise. Plus, Hall said he would never see that weight again.
Hall said he would never see 74kg (163 lbs) again, this is 165 we're talking here. A whole different ballgame.

Reactions: IAChief32
It's been two years the other way around so it's kind of a surprise. Plus, Hall said he would never see that weight again.

"...midwest."
tenor.gif

Yeah, Cenzo looks thick and Hall seems thin at their current weights, in my amateur opinion. The flip-flop would seem pretty strange....

If this happens, and if/when they meet up against our Hawk wrestlers (Big 10 and/or NCAAs), I think these would be better matchups for PSU. Seems like Hall's style could cause Marinelli more problems than Joseph, and Kemerer would have more problem dealing with Joseph than Hall. I like our chances better with Marinelli - Joseph, and Kemerer - Hall.
I actually think for Kem this is a much better matchup. Not for AM, though.

I actually think for Kem this is a much better matchup. Not for AM, though.
Agree with this. Kem has speed that will benefit him much more vs. VJ, whereas Hall neutralizes Kems speed. Much worse for Alex, we've seen these two go before and it wasnt close, hopefully Alex continues to improve and can close the gap.

Reactions: Mendoza77
This makes a lot of sense to me. I don’t think Hall has gotten much bigger. Certainly not big enough to attempt 86 kg in 2020. My guess is he’s going to work on 165 for a season to be able to be effective in freestyle at 74 kg.

Agree with this. Kem has speed that will benefit him much more vs. VJ, whereas Hall neutralizes Kems speed. Much worse for Alex, we've seen these two go before and it wasnt close, hopefully Alex continues to improve and can close the gap.
As I recall, their most recent match in the exhibition up in Minnesota was fairly close thru 2 periods and Hall opened it up in the 3rd with his counter offense. I seem to remember that Alex got to his legs pretty regularly but had a hard time finishing. Also seem to remember they may have been wrestling up a little in weight, which may have favored Hall.

Finishing on Hall is obviously much easier said than done, but would be interesting to see that match at 165, over 7 minutes, with something close to a 1-hour weigh-in. A tall task for Alex, but he’s a gamer. I like our guy. Hall would certainly be the favorite, but I think we’d have a puncher’s chance.

Last edited:
Yeah marinelli hasn’t matched up well at all with Hall in the past:/

Hall's face looked pretty lean - and the cheeks showing like a POW last season - OK - best wishes for this effort. Pretty sure this will not end well

Hall's face looked pretty lean - and the cheeks showing like a POW last season - OK - best wishes for this effort. Pretty sure this will not end well
I wouldn’t want to be taking on The Bull sucked way down. Saw him training last Friday and he was looking like a bad man. That said, Mark wasn’t a real big 174. Would be an interesting match-up.

Last edited:
So Hall is running from Valencia, I like it. Besides Nickal, there is no one I would rather see fall on their face.
Has there been confirmation that Zahid is staying at 174? I was under the impression that he was bumping to 184.

I wouldn’t want to be taking on The Bull sucked way down. Saw him training last Thursday and he always looking like a bad man. That said, Mark wasn’t a real big 174. Would be an interesting match-up.

Agreed. Hall has always been small for 174.

Is The Bull still wearing the big brace?

We must have been watching two different guys. Hall was generally considered a small 174 pounder and, according to reports, it was sometimes an effort for him to get UP to 174.

If this rumor is true, I expect Hall will be just fine at 165. I'd have more questions about Joseph at 174, since he seemed pretty well filled out at 165
So Hall is running from Valencia, I like it.
LOL :rolleyes:

Reactions: andegre
Cenzo has a chance to win 4 NCAA titles, moving up to face Zahid (even if he may go up, PSU certainly doesn't know) would be a VERY tough way to make that happen.

Also, when Hall said he was never cutting to 163 again, I'm pretty sure that was even with night before weighins. Obviously things can change, but I feel like Hall - while he looks small - is big enough for 174.

Wasn't this the rumor last year? Would be cool to see Kem and Cenzo reunite their high school rivalry. I think Kem won the majority of those matches, except for the state finals their junior year.

As I recall, their most recent match in the exhibition up in Minnesota was fairly close thru 2 periods and Hall opened it up in the 3rd with his counter offense. I seem to remember that Alex got to his legs pretty regularly but had a hard time finishing. Also seem to remember they may have been wrestling up a little in weight, which may have favored Hall.

Finishing on Hall is obviously much easier said than done, but would be interesting to see that match at 165, over 7 minutes, with something close to a 1-hour weigh-in. A tall task for Alex, but he’s a gamer. I like our guy. Hall would certainly be the favorite, but I think we’d have a puncher’s chance.
I was there and don't remember the match blow by blow, but Marinelli represented himself just fine. He was clearly the aggressor as you would expect in a match with these two, but as stated he couldn't finish on him and had several opportunities to do so, all of them initiated by him.

Hall won comfortably on the scoreboard when it was over, but it wasn't representative of how the match went IMO. As a Hawk fan seeing Marinelli for the first time, I came away impressed for sure.

He is the underdog in a match with Hall or Cenzo, but he is quite capable of beating either on any given day, and of course has beaten Cenzo already.

He could keep it close with Hall just by not doing anything, because Hall won't be either.

Cenzo has a chance to win 4 NCAA titles, moving up to face Zahid (even if he may go up, PSU certainly doesn't know) would be a VERY tough way to make that happen.

Also, when Hall said he was never cutting to 163 again, I'm pretty sure that was even with night before weighins. Obviously things can change, but I feel like Hall - while he looks small - is big enough for 174.

He's gone 1st and 2nd so far at the NCAAs and you think he's big enough for the weight? Really out on a limb there!

Reactions: lookleft goright
Marinelli doesn't match up well with Hall because of how he gets to the legs often. He is good at getting there, but it usually isn't with angles or speed. He often had to chain wrestle to finish his offense. And crisp and clean is what you have to do to finish on Hall. Double that up with the fact that Hall is as good as anyone in DI at counter offense and it makes for a tough style matchup.

If Hall sucks down, I would rather see Alex bury Hall's head for 2.5 periods and then open up wit short time left. Use what should most likely be a gas tank advantage and don't attack early into Hall's strength.

PSU fans during MH’s freshman year: “he isn’t undersized. Look how thick and muscular he is. It’s a lot of mass in a smal area”

PSU fans after he loses: “he obviously is too small for the weight. That’s why Zahid beat him.”
PSU fans after Hall loses,"Only 4 champs out of 5 finalists."

Reactions: smealpsu2005
You didn’t watch Cenzo vs Kem in high school like I did before Kem moved weights
Is there another sentence to this post or an explanation of what you are saying? Or are you just pointing out you've seen these two go more than PBS has and are looking for recognition.

Totally serious by the way, if there is more detail or observations, it might be interesting to hear.

Reactions: pawrestler4life
I hope all the rumors are true and F*** St. does juggle their lineup! Please send BoNO to 97, Hall down and the Joseph Character up!!!

I do not believe any of it honestly but sure hope they do it!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: T8KUDWN and Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT