ADVERTISEMENT

Potential societal impact?

A week ago Trump said, "Anybody that wants a test can get a test. That’s what the bottom line is”

Is that a lie?
Well, it wasn't true. The question of whether it's a lie depends upon whether he knew it wasn't true. This is a pretty basic distinction that escapes a whole bunch of HROT posters.

That’s what I mean, you want to wait until people die before you want to react. You are complacent. That makes you complicit.

You just keep posting dumb shit. Do watch the news or just get your info from here? You obviously have an agenda and you like a fool.

Well, it wasn't true. The question of whether it's a lie depends upon whether he knew it wasn't true. This is a pretty basic distinction that escapes a whole bunch of HROT posters.
So are you suggesting he's not lying, just grossly incompetent? Gosh, what a relief!

Reactions: ThorneStockton
Post something smart. Show me how it’s done.

The Bernie bump, the media downplaying it, other post, lol...You’re a smart man, but you politicizing this is just stupid. I feel like you are uninformed or just ignorant and underestimate the intelligence of the American public. Nobody is looking at Donald on this one.

It’s the first time I find you ignorant. Which should mean nothing to you, just saying.

The Bernie bump, the media downplaying it, other post, lol...You’re a smart man, but you politicizing this is just stupid. I feel like you are uninformed or just ignorant and underestimate the intelligence of the American public. Nobody is looking at Donald on this one.

It’s the first time I find you ignorant. Which should mean nothing to you, just saying.
It’s ignorant to pretend this isn’t political.

Everyone is looking at the Donald on this one. He fumbled and bumbled this one over a month ago.
It’s time to get all the pols off the news channels and let the scientists take over. So far, they have called this thing 100%. It’s gonna get worse. Isolation will be the most effective method of control in the short term (60 days) .

Jesus. That’s delusional. Even if it is true, that’s comforting that a month in, the President wouldn’t know if there was testing available.

Last edited:

You continue to be glib. And it's not advancing your point.

Most people on HROT understand the distinction. And most who are highlighting the factual inaccuracies coming out of Trump's mouth are doing so while giving Trump the benefit of the doubt that he is informed and understanding the information presented to him with a reasonable level of comprehension.

You are ostensibly saying that Trump is incompetent while impugning other posters for giving his cognitive abilities the benefit of the doubt.

In short, you, true to form, are just being a cheeky codger. Just admit your President is a dumbass and that your defense of him is capricious.

Sorry if there's already a thread about this, and sorrier still if it turns purely political.

But this thing has a mortality rate of 1%, they think, nyet? So if half of Americans are infected, which doesn't seem outside the realm of possibility, we're looking at in excess of 1.5 million dead Americans.

Not to mention all the ones who got very sick but survived, and not counting the people who died of other things that ordinarily could have been saved if the health care structure hadn't been swamped.

This is the kind of thing of which revolutions are born. Not talking about armed insurrection, civil war, that kind of thing. Talking about major changes in government. I would guess a huge overreaction in the health care area is inevitable.

The economic impact already is a disaster. Just the loss of income and jobs in the sports field is a massive hit. Travel, tourism......all sustaining major damage.

For those looking for a positive: It might kill off enough senior citizens to keep Social Security afloat for another few years. As a senior citizen, I don't take a lot of comfort in that.

Not for you. You're in the old-people 20% group. Your mortality rate will be more like 5%-10%.

Why don't you wait till this is all done before blowing your mind

If only the National Response Team had gotten off the ground. Alas....weeks have gone by, with no updates or activity on their website.....:confused:

Lone, our President has set himself up for this. Just like Jimmy Carter and the hostages......someone is gonna pay. This time it appears to be a Republican. Karma is a bitch. However, Trump dissed the facts initially and his dismissive personality hasn’t been his ally. His anti-science attitude welcome back to haunt him.
I don't dispute any of that. I was hoping the thread wouldn't turn into just another bash fest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT