ADVERTISEMENT

PREDICTION POLL: WILL IOWA LAND A PORTAL QB?

Will Iowa land a Portal QB?

• YES, and I predict he will ultimately beat out Cade for qb1.

• YES, and he will be qb2 at start of season.

• YES, they eventually find someone but he will be qb3 at start of season.

• NO, Iowa had interest from a few candidates but could not find the "right fit".

• NO, Iowa reached out to multiple candidates late & nobody wanted to come.

• I have no idea but i still want to vote to see the results.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A starting role?
At best your #2 if that's the case what about Labas

A starting role is possible. McNamara is unable to play right now and has a spotted healthy history. The #1 job might be available.

The Fall 2025 #1 job is practically yours to be had. That is why we may get a young guy who just lost a starting battle to a guy around his age.

Labas left the program in December.

A starting role is possible. McNamara is unable to play right now and has a spotted healthy history. The #1 job might be available.

The Fall 2025 #1 job is practically yours to be had. That is why we may get a young guy who just lost a starting battle to a guy around his age.

Labas left the program in December.
Sorry ment Marco brain fart

I like what Lester has been able to accomplish so far. As we all know it is not easy to wrestle control away from Kirk.

I have to think it was Coach Lester's recommendation to move on from Hill. I have a feeling based on last year and this spring so far, that if it were up to Kirk and Brian, if he were still here, DH would still be at Iowa, which means everything was hinging on Cade's ability to stay healthy, and Marco would still be #3 and he probably would have have hit the portal.
Tim comes in, sees the mess, sees Cade is 50/50 at best and says we first have to get Marco to #2, then we have to be honest with Deacon and tell him he is not going to be playing at Iowa, and then we have to get a portal QB in here to compete with Cade. Hopefully it is someone who can compete for #1 spot.
I also like what I've seen thus far with Lester at OC. But, it's not like the QB depth chart never changes under Kirk. While he may be loathe to change QBs during the season, there is movement during the off-season. (For example, Mansell was QB2 behind Stanley while Petras redshirted. Stanley graduates and Petras leaps over Mansell to be QB1.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT