Eierman - 13-0
Murin - 16-0
Young - 20-0
Marinelli - 26-0
Kemerer - 29-0
Brooks - 29-3
Warner - 32-3
Cass - 38-3 Troll bait.

You hate Abe Assad. But yea, think he has a shot so we should be able to feed PSU a goose egg.

16c1f0ee4b42725bcb09d4f46d788c30.gif

True would mean it’s already happened you dope
true would refer to the ratings at this particular time and if you can’t discern the object and predicate in a sentence it appears you are the “dope”. tough guy language lol

Reactions: Gobblin
You did say old school Iowa was pulling on a head. Old school Iowa was attack after attack after attack. That my friend is chain wrestling and the best Old School Iowa guys chain wrestled with the best of them.
I think you’re both right here. “Chain wrestling” the way your describing is relentless pressure forward with lots of attacks, the way he is describing is transitioning off attacks or counters to high level scrambles that most opponents don’t feel often.

Semantics. 6 in one, half dozen in the other. The only guys in our current line up that are comfortable there(where PSU likes to be) are Eierman and Kem…. And I think Drake will get there. It’s just a shame that the 2 current guys that are best at it are banged up and far from 100%.

I think you’re both right here. “Chain wrestling” the way your describing is relentless pressure forward with lots of attacks, the way he is describing is transitioning off attacks or counters to high level scrambles that most opponents don’t feel often.

Semantics. 6 in one, half dozen in the other. The only guys in our current line up that are comfortable there(where PSU likes to be) are Eierman and Kem…. And I think Drake will get there. It’s just a shame that the 2 current guys that are best at it are banged up and far from 100%.
well said and i think that reflects the evolution of the sport from then to now. clean finishes are so hard to come by now. the guys that are comfortable flowing through the various positions until they find their score are the ones who are going to win close matches more often than not. they give themselves more paths to victory.

the guys who combine that high attack rate with the scrambling ability, like david taylor for example, are the ones who become transcendent.

well said and i think that reflects the evolution of the sport from then to now. clean finishes are so hard to come by now. the guys that are comfortable flowing through the various positions until they find their score are the ones who are going to win close matches more often than not. they give themselves more paths to victory.

the guys who combine that high attack rate with the scrambling ability, like david taylor for example, are the ones who become transcendent.
Kem falls in this category, IMHO. Sucks so bad how much injuries have held him back from proving just how “transcendent” he could’ve been/is. IF he goes on to win NCAAs this year, it would be at the very top of my favorite Hawkeye wrestling moments without question.

Or the guy who only needs one takedown and then techs his opponent in the 1st. I thinks this qualifies as transcendent

Changed my mind. Will win the dual because we were better the last two years and will definitely win nationals because we beat okie state back in 97. What's happened this year is irrelevant.

Or the guy who only needs one takedown and then techs his opponent in the 1st. I thinks this qualifies as transcendent
the ones who become transcendent.
Transcendent? Like Spencer Lee, Dan Gable, Dave Schultz, Cary Kolat, Randy Lewis, Lee Kemp, Mark Ironside, Yojiro Uetake, Ben Askren, John Smith, Cael Sanderson, Lincoln McIlravy, Barry Davis, Jason Nolf, Kenny Monday, Nate Carr, Gene Mills, Wade Schalles, Jim Zalesky and many many others.

Transcendent? Like Spencer Lee, Dan Gable, Dave Schultz, Cary Kolat, Randy Lewis, Lee Kemp, Mark Ironside, Yojiro Uetake, Ben Askren, John Smith, Cael Sanderson, Lincoln McIlravy, Barry Davis, Jason Nolf, Kenny Monday, Nate Carr, Gene Mills, Wade Schalles, Jim Zalesky and many many others.
Ummm, yes…. Like those guys.

Why didn't you include DeSanto?

yes but spencer can also do all that other stuff. he just rarely has to. go watch him scramble with glory in their first match. it was unreal.

Reactions: Gobblin
I don’t think he quite fits the category. He’s a great scrambler vs inferior competition but he gets stuck in positions vs the elite guys in the weight class. Fair question though.
agree. i’d say he’s a good defensive scrambler. he’s good at draping over the top and tying guys up for stalemates. clearly knows what he’s doing there. warner is kind of like that too. desanto really struggles to finish singles in scramble positions. if he doesn’t get his dump, he usually doesn’t finish against good guys. over the last 3 meetings, if he finishes 1/3 of his singles, he beats rby every time.

125 - PSU 3 Iowa 0
133 - PSU 6 Iowa 0
141 - PSU 9 Iowa 0
149 - PSU 9 Iowa 3
157 - PSU 9 Iowa 6
165 - PSU 9 Iowa 9
174 - PSU 9 Iowa 12
184 - PSU 13 Iowa 12
197 - PSU 13 Iowa 15
285 - PSU 16 Iowa 15

Iowa will battle hard, but Brooks major over Assad will prove to be the difference.

You’re son is a phenomenal competitor and have a ton of respect for him. Thank God for his mother because you seem to be a horseshit father who lives vicariously through his son.

I’d ask that you be better, but you won’t.
Pretty low class response considering the closing statement. Maybe you should follow your own advice lol

I’m sorry but everyone praying for other wrestlers to get called for stalling need to stop. It’s simply not gonna happen. The evidence for that is the 5-7 years. Hawks need to do better there, simple as that. This team needs to figure out what’s inside them, dig deep and figure out how to accomplish their dreams. Right now, none of them are going to happen.

The second biggest night in wrestling is upon us (NCAA FINALS) gonna be fun!!
If NCAA finals is the second biggest night, and it is upon us (huh? it's two months away), then what is the first biggest night? Did you fail to word this properly??

Good grief, everyone anointing PSU after beating up on an uninspired Michigan that crapped the bed.

Even in their wins, Michigan looked flat.

125. - Drake is quick. And Heiselman's quickness and stalling threw him off. Hiledrbant is the type of guy Drake matches up well against.
133 - It will be tough to win but he actually does have wins against him so not crazy to think we can take this match.
141 - See 133.
149 - Murin is better than Beau. Need to win this match.
157 - see 149
165 - see 165
174 - Kemerer is better than Carter. Kem's finishes are why he can beat guys like Hall and Carter. In Carver he wins.
184 - Tough Sledding here.
197 - I don't care if you don't like Warner's style he is kinda good at what he does. Wait for the other guy to mess up with a bad shot and wrestle great on the mat. Warner is a bigger and better version of Dean.
HWT - Gonna give this to Cass until Kerk proves me wrong. Not taking a ton from the Parris match. Michigan looked like they trained wrong or something and Kerk had a game plan that worked like a charm.

If we come out like Michigan it could get ugly. I don't see that happening.

Other than 84 and 57 every match is a legit toss-up.
To be fair psu won every toss up last night and Hildebrandt was close to Suriano.

You’re son is a phenomenal competitor and have a ton of respect for him. Thank God for his mother because you seem to be a horseshit father who lives vicariously through his son.

I’d ask that you be better, but you won’t.
Do you have something against Abe Assad? Wait till John tells Aaron how disrespectful you were to him. Poor Abe. I was thinking major decision. Now I am feeling a pin.
Your disrespect to Mr Brooks just gave PSU 2 more points in the dual. Thanks Gobblin

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT