141 Lee 9-0
149 Murin 9-3
157 Young 9-6
165 Bull 9-9
174 Kem 9-12
184 Brooks 12-12
197 Dean 15-12
285 Cass 15-15

I see it like this. Pretty much every match in this dual is a coin flip. Iowa has to win 49,57,65. If Ayala can win 25 that would be big. We need to win one of 41 or 74 and one of 97 or 285. If we do that we win. With the exception of Brooks we can and have won every match. Boys just need to go out there be smart and fight for Iowa.
This is a very realistic synopsis. If the meet starts at 125 and Drake wins... advantage Iowa.

• Haha
Reactions: Cali_Nitt
I like our chances at NCAA’s better than in this dual. We looked good one week so far and even in that week, psu probably beats us in a dual. So, let’s just fast forward to the real show because I’m double legging the first person I see wearing a psu sweatshirt if we get mopped. I live in PA btw so I will find some poor unsuspecting soul. If my neighbor dares to come outside boasting, it will be him but I’d prefer it be his wife!

Do you have something against Abe Assad? Wait till John tells Aaron how disrespectful you were to him. Poor Abe. I was thinking major decision. Now I am feeling a pin.
Your disrespect to Mr Brooks just gave PSU 2 more points in the dual. Thanks Gobblin
I think his whining last year was deserving of some disrespect. Aaron seems like a pretty classy young man, but his father not so much. Accusing someone of biting because they gave your kid more of a match than you expected is bush-league. The way most refs hate Iowa, if an Iowa guy actually bit someone, the ref would toss him so fast it would make your head spin. I could go on about that whole deal, but I won't.

The best team in January is often not the best team in March as I mentioned in another thread. March 19 is the only date that really matters this year.

yes but spencer can also do all that other stuff. he just rarely has to. go watch him scramble with glory in their first match. it was unreal.
His freestyle match with Vito at senior nationals got pretty wild as well.

You hardly ever get to see that Spencer Lee isn't just the best top man in the country. He's better than everybody else at nearly everything else as well, he just hardly ever has to show it.

125 Iowa 3-0
133 PSU 3-3
141 PSU 3-6
149 Iowa 6-6
157 Iowa 6-10
165 Iowa 6-13
174 PSU 9-13
184 PSU 13-13
197 PSU 13-16
285 PSU 13-19

Reactions: slushhead
Gobblin, boards are fun if you can handle it. Truth be told, I enjoy the passion the fan bases display. That’s the best part of college sports. You have a great weekend. I know this is an awesome week for lots of people! The sarcasm on the boards is part of the fun.
You probably get to be around greats like Cael, Snyder, Taylor etc. so let me just say I think it’s pretty cool that you take time to respond to nobody’s in the sport like Gobblin..

Do you have something against Abe Assad? Wait till John tells Aaron how disrespectful you were to him. Poor Abe. I was thinking major decision. Now I am feeling a pin.
Your disrespect to Mr Brooks just gave PSU 2 more points in the dual. Thanks Gobblin
But now you motivated Abe. He might (not) bite Aaron like Nelson (didn't do). Better start filling that whine glass now. 😎

Funny, or sad, part is you probably actually believe this. Corny as hell either way.

This is a very realistic synopsis. If the meet starts at 125 and Drake wins... advantage Iowa.
raw

• Haha
Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Don’t post a lot and try to stay off here when the rats show up but this post was too good - kudos chief. Made me spit out some top shelf bourbon but worth the laugh. Hawk fans don’t forget pathetic bullshit.

Chief continues to be an epic floater in the pool! (I mean that as a compliment!)

Reactions: IAChief32
Wow Fella….you’re a different kind of dirt bag huh?
If by different you mean calling out pukes that disparage the Iowa program, it’s athletes, and coaches any chance they get, then yes, I’m different kind of dirt bag…. Fella.

Only on a Hawkeye message board could you find so many PSU fans…. Ones with conveniently short memory banks I might add. It’s weird as hell.

Last edited:
If by different you mean calling out pukes that disparage the Iowa program, it’s athletes, and coaches any chance they get, then yes, I’m different kind of dirt bag.

Only on a Hawkeye message board could you find so many PSU fans…. Ones with conveniently short memory banks I might add. It’s weird as hell.
Actually, I think it’s Mr. Brooks that calls out the pukes making disparaging comments here. I’ve been around long enough to remember he was welcome here until after his son chose PSU and fans here decided to say he was out shopping his sons services to the highest bidder. That Aaron didn’t chose Iowa because Brands wouldn’t talk money with him. I actually think you are the puke that was saying those things but could be wrong but I doubt it. Funny thing is though, Brands never even contacted Aaron Brooks like they had no idea who he even was. Funny, since the kid was a top pfp kid and the Brands brothers job is to bring in the best talent possible for his program and its fans . Fail!

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN and Gobblin
Actually, I think it’s Mr. Brooks that calls out the pukes making disparaging comments here. I’ve been around long enough to remember he was welcome here until after his son chose PSU and fans here decided to say he was out shopping his sons services to the highest bidder. That Aaron didn’t chose Iowa because Brands wouldn’t talk money with him. I actually think you are the puke that was saying those things but could be wrong but I doubt it. Funny thing is though, Brands never even contacted Aaron Brooks like they had no idea who he even was. Funny, since the kid was a top pfp kid and the Brands brothers job is to bring in the best talent possible for his program and its fans . Fail!
1. You are indeed wrong…. Or purposely obtuse.

2. I don’t give a single shit about your opinions weirdo.

If by different you mean calling out pukes that disparage the Iowa program, it’s athletes, and coaches any chance they get, then yes, I’m different kind of dirt bag…. Fella.

As soon as Spencer Lee went down these "Penn State faithful" came out of the woodwork. Didn't hear a peep out of most of these clowns for 2 years running, now they just can't wait to post here and they haven't won a thing. Weird. I guess I was supposed to troll on BWI (assuming it still exists?) as the Hawks were piss pounding the Kitties, but not only do I not post there, I don't read it either. Weird huh?

The Ignore feature getting a good workout, great to see that it still works. See you dbags in March. Don't write off The Hawks just yet.

Go Hawks!

[/QUOTE

Takes a special kind to say what you said about a kids dad, and his parenting.

How come ya didn’t call out Gabe’s dad when he was posting his laughable bs “stats” about “ Iowa development of more upper weights in the last 12 years “ cause it was an outright untruth.

Nope, you are correct. Brands and Co have no idea who the best wrestlers are. Dumbass

Who has Hildebrandt ever beaten? Kem at home against stalling Starr, I’ll take Kemdog. Kerk isn’t getting those snatches against Cass. I’m not sure Lee wrestles
Might be thinking with your heart there mate. Iowa hasn’t done anything to inspire confidence. They’ve eeked out wins vs tOhio St and NC St (with Spencer Lee) and PSU has looked dominant lately. This meet could get away from us in a hurry.

The right fit also includes a wrestlers parents. Perhaps, from the outside looking in, everything may have been peaches and cream during Brooks recruitment.
Based on Mr. Brooks past disparaging comments about the Iowa wrestling program, his true colors surfaced.
If your son is an elite level wrestler, what is the point of being on message boards?
Do your son a favor Mr. Brooks, kindly stay away.

Wow, pathetic prediction
Not really. I have it going to PSU too.....based on what we've all seen so far this season. They aren't wrestling like they did last year. Kem is hurt. JE might be. Austin? Lee is gone. 184 isn't strong.

What do you want? Look at it all day, any way you want, but that prediction wasn't outlandish at all!

Mike

Reactions: bourbon n blues
Not really. I have it going to PSU too.....based on what we've all seen so far this season. They aren't wrestling like they did last year. Kem is hurt. JE might be. Austin? Lee is gone. 184 isn't strong.

What do you want? Look at it all day, any way you want, but that prediction wasn't outlandish at all!

Mike
Psu looks like they're dialed in and Iowa to me seems a little off. That's as of last Friday though. We'll see this Friday but I expect PSU to win.

Mike
Haven't heard from you in forever, and you come back on to say be nice to the PSU trolls and Iowa is gonna lose the dual?

You might as well have just stayed in your little cave you were hiding out in.

Haven't heard from you in forever, and you come back on to say be nice to the PSU trolls and Iowa is gonna lose the dual?

You might as well have just stayed in your little cave were hiding out in.
and if it wasn't clear..............

Its aimed at both sides. I'm not gonna put up with PSU posters being over sensitive either.

Mike

Reactions: GoHawks1996
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT