ADVERTISEMENT

QB

The lack of success of our offense and OL and not knowing how Lester’s offense will look at Iowa probably is viewed as an unattractive destination for a quality transfer. That and the fact that unless you were a starter at a previous school, you likely won’t even get a sniff at the starting job.

Unless Lester has wrestled complete control of the offense away from Kirk, it makes little/no sense to bring in a transfer QB this late in the game. No way they are handing over the reins to a guy who would be less than 4 months in town before game 1. Ain't happening fellas.

Unless Lester has wrestled complete control of the offense away from Kirk, it makes little/no sense to bring in a transfer QB this late in the game. No way they are handing over the reins to a guy who would be less than 4 months in town before game 1. Ain't happening fellas.
I thought at the last time the players and coaches met the press Kirk said they were going with Lesters offensive play book. No?

why?

we have two proven starting QB's on the roster already
confused-confused-face.gif

I thought at the last time the players and coaches met the press Kirk said they were going with Lesters offensive play book. No?
That obviously doesn't mean that Kirk isn't involved in the decision making process related to personnel. Do you believe that Iowa could/would bring in a QB with less than 4 months onsite and give him the ball?

That obviously doesn't mean that Kirk isn't involved in the decision making process related to personnel. Do you believe that Iowa could/would bring in a QB with less than 4 months onsite and give him the ball?
Misunderstood your answer as to not going with Lesters play book. Sorry.
Agree that bringing in a QB from the portal and giving full rein to him would/could be disastrous.

Do you believe that Iowa could/would bring in a QB with less than 4 months onsite and give him the ball?

I do think they could bring in a QB after Spring with the long term view on him. But zero intention for him to start this Fall.

Reactions: Birky
Dochterman seems confident that a QB will transfer in after Spring practice. He knows more than we do.
Maybe. But anything above zero knowledge is more, by definition. However, he was not in on Lester until the end. With that, if Lester is picking a transferQB, I’m good. Just keep Budmayr out of the loop.

Reactions: intrepodor
Maybe if we start enough threads we’ll land a new qb.
I assume that if these people have not complained in the last 10 minutes they start shaking. What is the purpose of this thread? it is to make sure that everyone else knows that they are incapable of objective thought and they can just parrot the same things they have said over and over and over and over

and over

I assume that if these people have not complained in the last 10 minutes they start shaking. What is the purpose of this thread? it is to make sure that everyone else knows that they are incapable of objective thought and they can just parrot the same things they have said over and over and over and over

and over

Yes….they go through withdrawal 😂

Misunderstood your answer as to not going with Lesters play book. Sorry.
Agree that bringing in a QB from the portal and giving full rein to him would/could be disastrous.
Playing Hill would be more disastrous.

It. Can’t. Get. Any. Worse. Bring in a portal guy and immediately have him be the backup.

Reactions: mustang_hawk
Could that be any more disastrous than turning the offense over to Hill if McNamara gets hurt again?
I think we'll be ok. Given Cade's fragile state, the staff is doing all they can to ensure that McNamara isn't injured again next year including petitioning the NCAA for approval of a new experimental piece of protective equipment that they're trying out. He's complained that it's somewhat restrictive in terms of mobility but Kirk sees that as a feature.

5b9e352a2400003100956090.jpeg

Reactions: intrepodor
I do think they could bring in a QB after Spring with the long term view on him. But zero intention for him to start this Fall.
Yeah, I don’t know why anyone would think otherwise, but you know, this board. You are almost certainly correct.

A portal QB would come in to compete for the backup position, and the starter spot in ‘25.

I agree that unless he is a superstar (and then would be NIL and not on scholarship) it probably isn't going to happen. Like was said he would be on a short timeline with the system anyway. The other option would be one who is already in almost the same system (and these coaches know), but is in a lesser school (remember that kid from Wyoming not to many years ago was pretty good, so that type), but he would have to go against the scholarship numbers. So it is not likely we bring in another. But you know, the more I get to thinking about Cade, I think he might be alright. Obviously we need the line to keep him clean as possible (but that is their job always) and he can't be taking hard hits or funky slides if he runs for 5 yards. But having had some pretty bad knee damage myself and not near the medical and rehab attention he has got, I think he could be just fine. I mean anything can happen to anyone, but I think he will be ok in this system. If I were Lester, first thing after he can launch and scramble for 5 yards and is cleared to do so obviously, I would be talking to him about how to get down in the best way possible. Now our back up? Oh hell no big boy, put that shoulder down and plow forward.

like to see them go after the Nick Evers kid from Wisconsin (bud connection), big kid with Iowa interest out of H.S. originally from Texas

GENUINELY concerned about McNamara's health and wellbeing.
Multiple major knee issues taking what mobility he had.
Trying to play behind the existing sieve line without (adequate) receivers.
Running an antedeluvian, predictable offense.
I question whether the risk is worth it for him.

GENUINELY concerned about McNamara's health and wellbeing.
Multiple major knee issues taking what mobility he had.
Trying to play behind the existing sieve line without (adequate) receivers.
Running an antedeluvian, predictable offense.
I question whether the risk is worth it for him.
You mean Lester's offense is that kind? Oh ye of little faith.

Reactions: herkhatescy
Everybody constantly bitching about Petras or any other player that's obviously giving their all has their head up their ass IMO. You got a problem with a player's performance, take it up with the staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT