ADVERTISEMENT

Romney slams current a past two Admins for Ukraine Crisis

"The 80s called and we didn't answer."

Obama was an empty suit. Weak! The headlines has trump In there but Romney is actually criticizing our response to Georgia and Crimea which didn’t happen during trumps administration. I agree with Romney that we were very weak on those instances.

Bogus.

Conquering madman brings out all the Monday morning QB’s to blame the executive branch. These assholes need to get their sh*t together
He's not a Monday morning QB. He's a Saturday morning QB.

He predicted this and warned us in 2012 about this. Then Obama made fun of his prediction and the fawning media and idiot Dems focused on "Binders full of women" instead, and are now scrambling to deflect away from years of malfeasance on the Russian front.

He had his chances during the Orange Turd administration and days since and crickets. He's a sycophant and coward.
He was the first senator in American history to vote ‘guilty’ during an impeachment trial of a president from his own party. And he did so knowing full well he was inviting the wrath of Trump’s supporters and a certain primary challenge in his next reelection bid.

Romney was correct, but our country had no appetite for another war so not much different would have happened. We were a decade deep into the ME and the American people we growing tired of that and wanted our soldiers home. No way we would have sent them there 10 years ago if he was president.

Reactions: sober_teacher
In general, we have greatly underestimated Russia. Obama did making fun of any idea that they were a threat. Trump absolutely did. He actually became a Russian puppet and is still being used by them. The jury is still out on Biden. But I will give Romney credit. He rang this bell early.

He predicted this and warned us in 2012 about this. Then Obama made fun of his prediction and the fawning media and idiot Dems focused on "Binders full of women" instead, and are now scrambling to deflect away from years of malfeasance on the Russian front.

Looking back the last 15 years - who has had a bigger impact on our daily life? Russia or al Qaeda?

Now explain to me what the prognosticator said we should do to avoid this crisis? Or even knowing what we know now… what should have been done?

All I have heard is we weren’t “tough enough”. What does that even mean? What actual thing could have been realistically done? To point at anyone in the middle of this sh*t storm and not spend every minute working on contingencies is just BS. We deserve better.

Don't forget that, egads, he also put his dog in a crate on top of his car.

Looking back the last 15 years - who has had a bigger impact on our daily life? Russia or al Qaeda?

Now explain to me what the prognosticator said we should do to avoid this crisis? Or even knowing what we know now… what should have been done?

All I have heard is we weren’t “tough enough”. What does that even mean? What actual thing could have been realistically done? To point at anyone in the middle of this sh*t storm and not spend every minute working on contingencies is just BS. We deserve better.
The question asked "Geopolitically" and the answer to that is Russia, all day. I guess we should have elected him president to find out.

In 2012, the middle east was a bigger problem for us than Russia. Situations change over time but people try to apply the reality of today to 10 years ago.

Maybe if we could just go back in time and flip every democrat presidency to republican, we wouldn't have any problems today!

Reactions: h-hawk

This. What could we have done? The only thing I can think of is working to keep China from backing Putin. If China were participating in the sanctions on Russia right now Putin would be in a far more precarious position. I also think Putin is crazy so he might be doing this anyway. His entire political career has been about compensating.

I voted Obama in '08 and Romney in '12. Really wish he'd won and been able to carry forward in '16. IMHO we'd be in such a better place. Al-Maga would still be living in their caves, less division across the populace, and we wouldn't have had to vote in a guy with failing faculties just to get us some sense of normalcy for 4 years. I didn't necessarily want Obama to not have a second term, but missing out on Romney in '12 was a huge bummer.

Obama was right then, and Romney is right now. Especially after four years of the previous President bending over backward$ for his favorite oligarchical dictator. Our biggest threat then were states sanctioning Middle East terrorism. Luckily, we neutralized that threat for the time being under Obama's leadership. It's really easy to have amnesia about where we were then vs now.

I voted Obama in '08 and Romney in '12. Really wish he'd won and been able to carry forward in '16. IMHO we'd be in such a better place. Al-Maga would still be living in their caves, less division across the populace, and we wouldn't have had to vote in a guy with failing faculties just to get us some sense of normalcy for 4 years. I didn't necessarily want Obama to not have a second term, but missing out on Romney in '12 was a huge bummer.
Hillary would probably be president right now.

Hillary would probably be president right now.

I don't disagree - I think that's very likely. I'm not a Hills lover and she wouldn't have been my choice but I also wouldn't piss my pants all over the place because I didn't get my way like everyone tends to do on here.

What about states that were actively assisting Iran with building a nuclear weapons program?
Did they find those nuclear weapons right next to the WMDs in Iraq Conservatives swore we'd find? Interestingly, we did have a nuclear deal in place with Iran to prevent that. Know who blew that one up? The fragile President that did away with it because the Black President that bruised his ego helped broker it. That nuclear deal went into the dustbin right alongside our pandemic response team he helped put together too.

He shows glimmers now and then. But he needs to go all in at this point

so he needs to get in line with the Dems? I don’t remember why he voted not to convict over the 1/6 impeachment. Was it because he felt Trump was no longer a sitting President?

so he needs to get in line with the Dems? I don’t remember why he voted not to convict over the 1/6 impeachment. Was it because he felt Trump was no longer a sitting President?

I dont recall either. Its water under the bridge at this point. That being said....he can make a choice now to go down on the right side of history.

Did they find those nuclear weapons right next to the WMDs in Iraq Conservatives swore we'd find? Interestingly, we did have a nuclear deal in place with Iran to prevent that. Know who blew that one up? The fragile President that did away with it because the Black President that bruised his ego helped broker it. That nuclear deal went into the dustbin right alongside our pandemic response team he helped put together too.
And that has exactly what to do with Romney? The nuclear deal with Iran was not in place when Romney and Obama debated each other in 2012. That deal came later. And Romney had nothing to do with Trump scrapping that deal, so I'm not sure why you think it's germane to this discussion.

The bottom line is that Romney was right when he said Russia is our number one geopolitical foe. He was right in 2012 and he is right in 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT