ADVERTISEMENT

Romney slams current a past two Admins for Ukraine Crisis

You are being vague. I really want to know what you’re talking about? Impeachment of Trump? Or be more of a Democrat?

I'm not trying to be vague. He needs to stand up to MAGAS and restore traditional GOP values. Do the right thing. Reach across the aisle. Don't be faux news parody. Think about 1970's 1980s GOPers

And that has exactly what to do with Romney? The nuclear deal with Iran was not in place when Romney and Obama debated each other in 2012. That deal came later. And Romney had nothing to do with Trump scrapping that deal, so I'm not sure why you think it's germane to this discussion.

The bottom line is that Romney was right when he said Russia is our number one geopolitical foe. He was right in 2012 and he is right in 2022.
YOU brought the Iran-Russia dealings into the equation. I noted how the Obama Administration brokered that deal and that "number one geopolitical foe" was neutralized on that front pretty effectively. It was stupid to bring that into the equation on your part. In 2012 we had these guys still supporting terrorist groups:

AngryAnimatedEgret-size_restricted.gif

I'm not trying to be vague. He needs to stand up to MAGAS and restore traditional GOP values. Do the right thing. Reach across the aisle. Don't be faux news parody. Think about 1970's 1980s GOPers

It sounds like you'd only be happy if he completely changes his stripes and puts a D in front of his name. He's voted against Trump in ways that no Senator ever has, he's absolutely shredded the idiot in the media, and he's completely isolated himself in his party (and probably a number of his dipshit MAGA constituents). He's paid his price. He's a real republican and is what the party should be. He doesn't need to roll-over, abandon his ideals, and become 100% aligned with the Dems to "do the right thing." He's done it.

YOU brought the Iran-Russia dealings into the equation. I noted how the Obama Administration brokered that deal and that "number one geopolitical foe" was neutralized on that front pretty effectively. It was stupid to bring that into the equation on your part.
You want to believe it was "stupid" for me to bring Russia's support for Iran's nuclear arms program into the discussion because it shot your argument to hell. Russia was helping Iran develop a nuclear program. They were a significant geopolitical threat even if that was the only thing they were doing that threatened us or our allies. You inexplicably tried to drag Trump into a discussion about Mitt Romney.

In 2012 we had these guys still supporting terrorist groups:

AngryAnimatedEgret-size_restricted.gif
Saudi Arabia has been supporting terrorists since before either of us was born. And every United States president for the past 75 years has sold them weapons because as evil as they are, they remain a useful tool for American interests in the region.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
so he needs to get in line with the Dems? I don’t remember why he voted not to convict over the 1/6 impeachment. Was it because he felt Trump was no longer a sitting President?
Romney also voted to convict Trump in the second impeachment trial.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Is he not doing that? I don’t know. I assume he didn’t support build back better because he is a conservative.

And yes, I long for the days when both parties were filled with moderates

In 2012, the middle east was a bigger problem for us than Russia. Situations change over time but people try to apply the reality of today to 10 years ago.

Maybe if we could just go back in time and flip every democrat presidency to republican, we wouldn't have any problems today!
The West had 8 years to properly arm Ukraine and we blew it.

Don't forget that, egads, he also put his dog in a crate on top of his car.
And he was ridiculed for saying that Syria is Iran's path to the sea. The usual lefty websites slammed him for it because they were too stupid to understand that he was talking about the proposed Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline that would enable Iran to send natural gas from the massive South Pars field to Syria's ports, where it could then be transported to Europe.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
You want to believe it was "stupid" for me to bring Russia's support for Iran's nuclear arms program into the discussion because it shot your argument to hell. Russia was helping Iran develop a nuclear program. They were a significant geopolitical threat even if that was the only thing they were doing that threatened us or our allies. You inexplicably tried to drag Trump into a discussion about Mitt Romney.

Saudi Arabia has been supporting terrorists since before either of us was born. And every United States president for the past 75 years has sold them weapons because as evil as they are, they remain a useful tool for American interests in the region.
Yes, shot to Hell when A) Iran never developed nuclear weapons, and B) They aligned with the United States and the west because they wanted to develop nuclear energy more than weapons. You're a legend in your own mind, TJ.

Yes, shot to Hell when A) Iran never developed nuclear weapons, and B) They aligned with the United States and the west because they wanted to develop nuclear energy more than weapons. You're a legend in your own mind, TJ.
Are you saying that Russia wasn't helping them develop nuclear weapons prior to Romney's statement in 2012?

I won't vote for a Republican for a very long time. Especially in my home state. I'm not that forgiving. Not until we have laws that protect voting rights. Republicans don't want those.
This is so funny, like you would ever consider voting for a Republican. You have been indoctrinated and are a sheep to the Democratic Party. Must say/do what they tell me

I voted Obama in '08 and Romney in '12. Really wish he'd won and been able to carry forward in '16. IMHO we'd be in such a better place. Al-Maga would still be living in their caves, less division across the populace, and we wouldn't have had to vote in a guy with failing faculties just to get us some sense of normalcy for 4 years. I didn't necessarily want Obama to not have a second term, but missing out on Romney in '12 was a huge bummer.
Nothing normal with this Presidency at all. Its a disaster.

Every single post you make has to defend your team, it is just amazing really.

I glanced at your post history and you appear to spend most of your time on this forum going after democrats.

He's not a Monday morning QB. He's a Saturday morning QB.

He predicted this and warned us in 2012 about this. Then Obama made fun of his prediction and the fawning media and idiot Dems focused on "Binders full of women" instead, and are now scrambling to deflect away from years of malfeasance on the Russian front.
Obama and Biden's conduct could be construed as misfeasance. Trump's could be construed as malfeasance.

Presidents Jackson, FDR, Truman, and Johnson wouldn't recognize the modern Democrat party.

Just typed the above because both sides seem to forget that parties evolve over time.

Thank God in many ways that our past presidents, from either party, wouldn't be able to recognize their respective modern parties!

I glanced at your post history and you appear to spend most of your time on this forum going after democrats.
Yep, calling out their bias. Guessing you are in the same boat. GFY anyway

Romney was a mute when he had the chance to speak up as Trump tried to strong arm Ukraine into creating dirt on Hunter Biden. But, yeah, Obama.

You mean when Romney voted to Convict on the Articles of Impeachment for the phone call to Ukraine? I don't think he was mute then at all.

Obama was right then, and Romney is right now. Especially after four years of the previous President bending over backward$ for his favorite oligarchical dictator. Our biggest threat then were states sanctioning Middle East terrorism. Luckily, we neutralized that threat for the time being under Obama's leadership. It's really easy to have amnesia about where we were then vs now.
Romney was right. Putin took Crimea 2 years later. Obama was just scoring points in a debate.

Obama was right then, and Romney is right now. Especially after four years of the previous President bending over backward$ for his favorite oligarchical dictator. Our biggest threat then were states sanctioning Middle East terrorism. Luckily, we neutralized that threat for the time being under Obama's leadership. It's really easy to have amnesia about where we were then vs now.
Seems like an invasion of a sovereign neighbor would go over better under the watch of the bend over guy. Weird Putin waited, I guess.

Then I am not following why you wrote: "I agree assuming you meant to write 'could be' for both".
Because it would have had sense if one of them was supposed to be "could not" (either one) and I wrote that just in case you meant to, as I have made mistakes like that in the past, thinking that you may have wrote "all three could be" instead of separating it like that. That's all. Nothing deeper than that.

Because it would have had sense if one of them was supposed to be "could not" (either one) and I wrote that just in case you meant to, as I have made mistakes like that in the past, thinking that you may have wrote "all three could be" instead of separating it like that. That's all. Nothing deeper than that.
I separated Obama/Biden from Trump due to the misfeasance/malfeasance distinction, and used the conjunctive "and" for Obama and Biden. I am not picking a fight I just wasn't sure why what I said would be confusing, and I am always looking to make sure my writing is not confusing.

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
United States has cared more about business around the globe than they have freedom.

this is just another manifestation of it.

"The 80s called and we didn't answer."

Well, he did call it in 2012. So today is his day to gloat. Hope he enjoys the war during his 'I told you so' moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT