ADVERTISEMENT

Roster predictions for Princeton

Hey dummies, Iowa just sold out season tickets and had no fans last year. They ain’t resting starters for the home duals. No more threads on Spencer.
I remember when I used to drink late into Monday nights.

Last year the he Hawkeyes averaged a record 12,568 fans in seven home dates, seeing a total of 87,979 fans enter the gates of Carver-Hawkeye Arena to watch college wrestling. It marks the first time in NCAA history that a program put more than 10,000 fans in the building for every home dual.

They will rest starters, and there will be a shit ton more threads on Spencer. What else do you got?

I remember when I used to drink late into Monday nights.

Last year the he Hawkeyes averaged a record 12,568 fans in seven home dates, seeing a total of 87,979 fans enter the gates of Carver-Hawkeye Arena to watch college wrestling. It marks the first time in NCAA history that a program put more than 10,000 fans in the building for every home dual.

They will rest starters, and there will be a shit ton more threads on Spencer. What else do you got?
Used to? Last year we were all stuck at home yelling at our TVs. The year before that I was at all the home duals and don't remember seeing a lot of backups.

Reactions: Gobblin and el dub
Used to? Last year we were all stuck at home yelling at our TVs. The year before that I was at all the home duals and don't remember seeing a lot of backups.
Two years ago was the healthiest team we've had in years, everybody was firing on all cylinders and it was a real shame we didn't get the chance to see them at nationals that year, rather than last year when we limped through the championships.

Well, I said two or three because I’m not sure if Spencer will be the fourth or if pressure will get to him. Some of the fellas here have been making it sound like there might be issues serious enough to warrant keeping him off the mat…
now you are just being stupid or just trying to make another stupid point…not sure which

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. I get it if guys are banged up. I saw Warner limp after his semis match. But Spencer? Kem?

What a disservice to the fans.
Not really. It’s called a team!!! The team together won the championship. Part of the sport. Things happen

Reactions: Spoons
For all of the posters that go crazy if Spencer or Kemmer doesn't wrestler... Take a deep breath and say to yourself, we have the defending national champions and I'm certain our coaches know what they are doing. You have to be a complete idiot if you think these guys are 100% all of the time. On any day, someone can get dinged up. On any day, so how do you know that they are not at 100% and why have them go against a team we are going to crush anyway? Seriously, but I am certain the haters are going to hate if Lee doesn't go.

IF they're banged up. I'm good with it. But this is also Iowa. Home duals mean something. It's definitely a part of the sport. Doesn't mean I have to like it, doesn't mean its not a disservice to the fans.
I get it however happens in every sports every week. Part of the game. Iowa has a ton of young talent to be excited about on the other hand. Can’t wait to see what Ybarra and possibly cole or bretli at 49 can do. The place will still be packed for a great dual

We have a guy battling two knee injuries and yet some will argue that "he must" wrestle. I keep telling myself that I'm glad he's going this year rather than taking a medical redshirt and remember, he still has a actual redshirt to use, so he could have both knees repaired and then return healthy to wrestle and to chase his 4th title after a two year hiatus... Don't you think he would be better off, if his goal was to win 4 himself to take a full year off and rehab both knees after surgery? He has said it a hundred times that he wants this team to win another team title, but yet, there will be those that will be critical. I can't wait to hear what the guys on FLO say... They have been brutal in the past. Just wait and see if he doesn't wrestle. I think it's sad, but those guys will light Lee up and they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

He could’ve gotten surgery, he didn’t and he would’ve wrestled at Worlds this year if not Gilman winning a medal. If he is still rehabbing than why do the wrestle-off. This is a Brands move, and people won’t like it. It also would’ve been the only good matchup of the night. Who cares there are only six home duals. Ehh just one less time to watch the greatest Hawkeye ever wrestle in front of the home crowd, no big deal.

I will also take Chips tickets. Yeah, go ahead and be disappointed. But calling out the coach that won you the national championship last year seems a little overboard. I am disappointed to not see Spencer, but I get it. I am also excited to see what Ybarra can do.

Reactions: Grip220
I can't wait to hear what the guys on FLO say... They have been brutal in the past. Just wait and see if he doesn't wrestle. I think it's sad, but those guys will light Lee up and they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.
That's what they are there for. They are there to talk about what is happening in the sport. Unless the coaches come right out and say what is going on, then they will speculate. Fans will do the same. For example, I'll speculate that If Spencer isn't wrestling Friday, then we should all be concerned. It means he isn't ready yet. If he is ready and they are just sitting him against Glory, then it's a chicken sh** move any way you look at it. Not on Spencer. He's beyond questioning IMO, but on the coaches. I'll speculate that if he doesn't go Friday then we won't be seeing him until at least January.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT