ADVERTISEMENT

Roster predictions for Princeton

He could’ve gotten surgery, he didn’t and he would’ve wrestled at Worlds this year if not Gilman winning a medal. If he is still rehabbing than why do the wrestle-off. This is a Brands move, and people won’t like it. It also would’ve been the only good matchup of the night. Who cares there are only six home duals. Ehh just one less time to watch the greatest Hawkeye ever wrestle in front of the home crowd, no big deal.
What the **** does that even mean? Your linguistic skills seem to be lacking.
And you do realize that if he had surgery he wouldn't be wrestling at all this year. He definitely wouldn't have competed at worlds, let alone the WTT to even qualify.

You're fixating over ONE match against PRINCETON of all teams. No disrespect to them, but we likely win that fielding 10 backups.

Put the beer down, bub. It's still Tuesday.

So sick of people that have NO FREAKING idea of what is going on behind the scenes complaining about everything. Do you really think they want to do this! Does it suck that Spencer, Murin, Kem and probably Warner won’t be wrestling yea but no reason to go off the deep end it’s the right move considering what little I know. I will be happy to see some of the unsung heroes.

We have a guy battling two knee injuries and yet some will argue that "he must" wrestle. I keep telling myself that I'm glad he's going this year rather than taking a medical redshirt and remember, he still has a actual redshirt to use, so he could have both knees repaired and then return healthy to wrestle and to chase his 4th title after a two year hiatus... Don't you think he would be better off, if his goal was to win 4 himself to take a full year off and rehab both knees after surgery? He has said it a hundred times that he wants this team to win another team title, but yet, there will be those that will be critical. I can't wait to hear what the guys on FLO say... They have been brutal in the past. Just wait and see if he doesn't wrestle. I think it's sad, but those guys will light Lee up and they have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.
I mean this is just disingenuous, he isn’t battling two? he wrestled on one for two full years, he wasn’t battling anything

Reactions: cheddarwurst
He could’ve gotten surgery, he didn’t and he would’ve wrestled at Worlds this year if not Gilman winning a medal. If he is still rehabbing than why do the wrestle-off. This is a Brands move, and people won’t like it. It also would’ve been the only good matchup of the night. Who cares there are only six home duals. Ehh just one less time to watch the greatest Hawkeye ever wrestle in front of the home crowd, no big deal.
Gilman has nothing to do with this!!! If Spencer was healthy after ncaas. Gilman wouldn’t have been wrestling in the worlds or Olympics IMO. What wrestle off are you talking about? And brands isn’t to blame for anything!!!

What the **** does that even mean? Your linguistic skills seem to be lacking.
And you do realize that if he had surgery he wouldn't be wrestling at all this year. He definitely wouldn't have competed at worlds, let alone the WTT to even qualify.

You're fixating over ONE match against PRINCETON of all teams. No disrespect to them, but we likely win that fielding 10 backups.

Put the beer down, bub. It's still Tuesday.
One dual of only six for the year. Spencer’s last btw and just happens to be a top 3 opponent.
Spencer would’ve wrestled at Worlds had he been allowed the opportunity, him not being ready now doesn’t add up.

What does that mean? Did he re-injure his knee(s)

derp-herrdurr.gif

Gilman has nothing to do with this!!! If Spencer was healthy after ncaas. Gilman wouldn’t have been wrestling in the worlds or Olympics IMO. What wrestle off are you talking about? And brands isn’t to blame for anything!!!
Had Gilman not medaled, Spencer would’ve wrestled at Worlds. Wrestle offs? Do you actually follow the program or just a message boarder

Had Gilman not medaled, Spencer would’ve wrestled at Worlds. Wrestle offs? Do you actually follow the program or just a message boarder
Actually if you follow the process Spencer had a chance to win the Olympic spot after ncaas but if didn’t happen!!

March 2021: Spencer wins 3rd National Title less than 2 weeks after tearing his Second ACL (third time in total)

April 2021: Gilman wins Olympic Trials - Spencer does not compete due to recovery (And the fact that leg laces would be the worst thing imaginable in his condition)

August 2021: Gilman wins Olympic medal thus eliminating 57 KG from contention at the 2021 World Team Trials and giving Spencer no chance to compete (as someone mentioned above and many posters haven't been able to figure out)

Sept/Oct 2021: On either Baschomania or Bussin' with the Boys (I Can't remember which) Spencer Said If Gilman had not won a medal, he would have competed at World Team Trials at 57 KG - which means he must be in much better condition to wrestle

With all that being Said. - Spencer is here to win titles - not pissing matches with Patrick Glory, Pat Mineo or BWI posters. If TnT and/or Spencer think its best he sits out this match - it sucks but its a completely meaningless match in the grand scheme. Let Mineo and everyone else bitch. They're only doing it b/c they're salty Spencer came to Iowa in the first place.

I think Princeton is over performing if they get 3 wins in the meet. I know Lee beats Glory, just dont know if it is tech or major or decision. Ybarra against Glory at Carver is going to be interesting. If Ybarra hangs around, things could get really good in the 3rd period. Go Hawks.

I mean this is just disingenuous, he isn’t battling two? he wrestled on one for two full years, he wasn’t battling anything
Yes. Two. He isn’t a damn starfish. His ACL didn’t grow back. He is going to be battling these for the rest of his career and the rest of his life. In case you are unaware the ACL is considered a very important ligament in athletics.

Yes. Two. He isn’t a damn starfish. His ACL didn’t grow back. He is going to be battling these for the rest of his career and the rest of his life. In case you are unaware the ACL is considered a very important ligament in athletics.
Some people think buying tickets is more important than these athletes!!

Reactions: GoHawks1996
Have they not entertained you! Has Spencer and KemDawg not entertained you???
These guys have poured their lives into being ready to go for Iowa, they have struggled with injury they have pushed through pain for themselves yes, but also to represent their team and school the best they can.
The fact that some here can consider themselves Hawk fans, educated experienced fans, the best wrestling fans on EARTH and still cannot comprehend that these guys are not freshman or sophomores, they are experienced seasoned successful vets that have endured through injuries, that only need what they and the coaches believe is necessary to finish their careers strong and nothing else.

We have an entire team of wrestlers that are ready for their shot to shine and you pathetic fans with no vision and extremely short term memories won’t afford them the support they deserve so now they now can start their careers and begin to entertain you.

Get your head out of your asses and understand the process, be a HAWK fan of every Hawk on the roster. We crush Princeton with our guys, all of our guys! Then we move ahead to the next Match!

Last edited:
IF they're banged up. I'm good with it. But this is also Iowa. Home duals mean something. It's definitely a part of the sport. Doesn't mean I have to like it, doesn't mean its not a disservice to the fans.
I think all the Hawk wrestlers who work their butts off every day deserve the opportunity to perform in fronT of the crowd in Carver Hawkeye. They are there to compete for Iowa, the team, fans are their to cheer FOR them and the TEAM.

I didn’t know you now have your medical degree and have declared Spencer healthy with nothing to “battle”. You should have stopped after you decided to stop being a fan. Sure the TEAM will miss you, however.

One dual of only six for the year. Spencer’s last btw and just happens to be a top 3 opponent.
Spencer would’ve wrestled at Worlds had he been allowed the opportunity, him not being ready now doesn’t add up.
You like your assumptions/opinions. Spencer must have told you he was planing on Worlds then???

You guys are right, I'm requesting a refund for my season tickets as we speak. I mean, no spencer? Don't the coaches know we paid 85 whole dollars for this season, we deserve Spencer and Kemerer EVERY.SINGLE.MEET.

I mean, who else do we have to watch now? Desanto, Eierman, Young, Bull, Assad, Cassiopi? PSH.

Sheesh. Simmer down. People can be disappointed we're not seeing Lee vs. Glory without being branded heathens.
Big difference between disappointment and outrage.

The correct response would be

"Man it really sucks we don't get to see Lee and Kemerer, I hope its nothing serious and we get to see them 100% in the near future."

Which I'd imagine is what any sane person would say.

Once you have a torn ACL it doesn't heal itself. You always have instability and a greater risk of tweaking it... You always have a bad knee, which is why wrestling with two is almost crazy and I think we should be a little understanding if they do put him on a pitch count.

Reactions: hoythawk
believe he said he would have liked to
He definitely would have liked to, but he also said he would have if Gilman didn't lock down the spot. In the Bussin with the Boys podcast he said "The guy at my weight ended up taking Olympic bronze, so he took the weight. He'll be the world team member next month as well, or else I would have tried to compete for the world team spot."

Reactions: cheddarwurst
chips be a man donate those tickets to wfl, there will be plenty of kids to take them.spence may not wrestle but i bet he will be giving hundreds of autographs to the young hawkeye fans.

Reactions: praguehawk
Meh, so Chip is a moron. That’s not new.

Lee participated in wrestle offs. Unless he’s dealing with something specific and short term that occurred since wrestle offs I will be highly disappointed if he’s out there against someone meh at the next dual.

Overall, if he isn’t physically ready to go then keep him on the shelf for several more weeks if not till January. No reason to risk anything if he’s not physically capable of wrestling.

Didn’t we go over this the other day? If Brands doesn’t put them on the mat attached, the redshirt remains. A wrestler can’t make Brands put him in the lineup. That’s a coach’s decision not the athlete’s.
We did, and just as I said may happen, Ybarra went. The coaches obviously would prefer Ybarra redshirt, but he doesn't want to, therefore he isn't. Which makes it ultimately up to the wrestler on whether they redshirt or not (regardless of whether it's technically still the coaches decision whether to send them out there).

Hmmm? Young vs. Monday will be a better matchup, then Lee vs. Glory would have been.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT