ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup team picks are in

Rory not starting is a bad decision. The golf channel had a stat that Rory is 5th on a tour in birdies and birdies are what you need at the Ryder Cup. They said the guy that is replacing Rory would be 185th.

Duvall really railed at the decision and I agree with him. Rory can pivot very quickly from a bad round one day to the next.

DeChambeau is starting to grow on me.

I hate the USA! USA! chant. Sounds like a MAGA rally.

It's fine, and perfectly appropriate, at this event (or any other where it is a team representing the country). It is odd in other scenarios. After the Lightning beat Montreal in the Stanley Cup Finals, the fans at one of the nearby bars were chanting it. I found that very odd, since only one of Tampa's 10 best players is American.

Question...how do the pairings get set? Does the visiting team announce their lineup first and the home team then gets to match them up with the visitors? Or are the matchups random? Never thought about how that happens.

Question...how do the pairings get set? Does the visiting team announce their lineup first and the home team then gets to match them up with the visitors? Or are the matchups random? Never thought about how that happens.
I believe it is random...captain dwcides his team and in which match they play, blond to what the other captain does.

give-up-quit.gif

I believe it is random...captain dwcides his team and in which match they play, blond to what the other captain does.

This is correct. For the Ryder Cup, they just put guys in slots - like game 1 Saturday morning - and whatever matchups happen just happen; for the President’s Cup, they go back and forth like a fantasy draft and can create specific matchups.

Coverage was so much better yesterday. Now it’s on regular NBC and they’re showing less actual golf and commercials every 5 minutes. &@$%*!?
Gotta squeeze the orange for every ounce. I felt NBC coverage has dropped over the last few years. Not saying the announcers but just overall golf. A lot of post-reaction shots, missing a player making a charge etc.

I like this course. I keep having to tell myself this is not some course on the shores of the North Sea.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Yeah, maybe I am just mellowing out as I near 50, but the Europeans are not as hateable as they once were.
I agree. I like a lot of them. Probably globalization and the interconnected world plays a big part. And as someone mentioned previously, the fact all these European players play so much in the US these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT