ADVERTISEMENT

Ryder Cup team picks are in

Sat 2nd round pairings

FAJVV8VXIAAq_kK

Maybe behind the scenes it’s a different story, but I’m really impressed by DeChambeau this weekend. He seems to have embraced the atmosphere and is seemingly a total team player. Nice to see him loosen up a bit.
It will be interesting to see, if he's in a position where he needs to play a smart shot instead of just gripping and ripping, if he will change his approach.

Reactions: FormerlyCyberCy
USA Leads 11-5 going into Sunday ...

This afternoon was the best session so of the two days. With that said, it's academic. I would love to see Rahm vs Johnson for the opening match tomorrow. Kind of the start of an end of an era for the Europe team - this could be a start of a big run for the USA with Dustin being the old man of the group.

Hope the US just keeps their foot down today. Make a statement that reverberates, hopefully marking the beginning of a new winning era.

Also, RC singles records are important and should be a source of pride and motivation. Go USA.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Great start by Bryson!

USA! USA! USA!
As a casual golf fan, i never really gave a dang about the Brooks- Bryson thing, but Bryson has been fun to watch and engaged with the crowd, while Brooks seems a bit arrogant and boring to me. I really don’t understand why diehard golf fans have sided so fervently with Brooks.

As a casual golf fan, i never really gave a dang about the Brooks- Bryson thing, but Bryson has been fun to watch and engaged with the crowd, while Brooks seems a bit arrogant and boring to me. I really don’t understand why diehard golf fans have sided so fervently with Brooks.
I think that tide has turned and people are tired of Koepkas act. He's a bully and a dbag

I think that tide has turned and people are tired of Koepkas act. He's a bully and a dbag
Yes, it does seem like public opinion is shifting a little. Koepka’s been fine this week but Bryson has won over a lot of people with his excitement and engagement with the crowd. If this feud continues I think Koepka will be seen as the bad guy, not DeChambeau.

It seems that Bryson wants to make peace but maybe not so much for Brooks:

DeChambeau, speaking to reporters on Tuesday, had a much more positive spin, suggesting the quarrel had been driven by a lot of external factors and that the two were now good and even had dinner on Monday.

He even left his news conference throwing out a teaser that "there may be something fun coming up" with Koepka in the future.

That was news to Koepka. If DeChambeau had plans, he evidently hadn't shared them with him.

"I have no idea," snarled Koepka. "I didn't listen to the comments or hear what he said, so I have no idea."

Reactions: WhiteSoxClone
That was a heck of a display by the US. I thought they might get trucked , but they played great golf to cruise to the easy win.
Glad that Berger secured the scoring record as well to put a stamp on the victory. The US is set up to have a really good run with this core group.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
That was a heck of a display by the US. I thought they might get trucked , but they played great golf to cruise to the easy win.
Glad that Berger secured the scoring record as well to put a stamp on the victory. The US is set up to have a really good run with this core group.
US also has 3-4 young players in the wings ready for anyone that goes off the rails or gets injuries.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
What an awesome and entertaining weekened of golf. Really enjoyed it. Looks like everyone enjoyed it too (except for a few fun-hating message board DBs).. all the players and fans were having a great time.. loved the post game press conference. Felt for Rory but man that was a good time and a straight up beat down. Loved it.

USA! USA! USA!

What an awesome and entertaining weekened of golf. Really enjoyed it. Looks like everyone enjoyed it too (except for a few fun-hating message board DBs).. all the players and fans were having a great time.. loved the post game press conference. Felt for Rory but man that was a good time and a straight up beat down. Loved it.

USA! USA! USA!
The europe press conference was pure class.
Rory, westwood, poulter, lowrey, etc. all from the heart.

Just watched the clincher on replay with Morikawa missing that putt but still halved to clinch the Cup. Collin was pissed a good several minutes after halving that match because he missed when Bryson gives him a hug and says "It's OK, we won!" Then Collin busts into a smile. I didn't notice that yesterday.

I think I posted on here, or somewhere, a couple months ago that Bryson had won me over, that he wasn't the D-bag that he was being portrayed as. The summer thing with Phil, Brady, and Rodgers where he had an open mic the whole event gave a glimpse that he's actually a pretty decent and fun guy. Yeah, he had an incident a couple weeks ago with some fan yelling Brooksie! at him. Lost in that was minutes after suffering a hard fought OT defeat he stopped to give his signature hat to a little girl standing at the ropes. Then the guy trolls him as he's walking to the clubhouse. This weekend has just clinched it for me that BDC is a good guy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT