ADVERTISEMENT

scott forst is not a good coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does make you question how he is able to come in and recruit like that with everything we hear about recruitting to low population states with nothing to do. He is either an animal and we are being lied to to or he is lying to people and it will fall apart.

He comes from the Tom Osborne era of integrity and doing the right thing so...

Sorry your tired of Iowa fans, but like most, I only give it out to those who come here asking for it. Don't go to Nebraska's site and post, but I'll sure let them know what I think of their absurd comments when they venture here. Peace........:cool:
I never said I'm tired of Hawkeye fans, as I've stated in the past Iowa fans and Nebraska fans for the most part are the same people that root for two different teams. I said I'm tired of Hawkeye fans rightfully having the ability to talk smack to Nebraska fans because the way our team has played over the past few years - especially against the Hawks - has been pretty poor.

As for someone's question regarding what happens if Frost fails, that's actually a wonderful question. I truly don't know. To me, if Frost fails, I personally will feel like Nebraska football's chance to restore itself to even a shade of what it once was will be gone. I think Nebraska will always have the ability to do decent, but at that point it will turn into a program where 9 wins will constitute a great season. It does feel like Nebraska's last chance to "restore the glory" or however you want to put it. We will have to wait and see how things pan out.

I never said I'm tired of Hawkeye fans, as I've stated in the past Iowa fans and Nebraska fans for the most part are the same people that root for two different teams. I said I'm tired of Hawkeye fans rightfully having the ability to talk smack to Nebraska fans because the way our team has played over the past few years - especially against the Hawks - has been pretty poor.

As for someone's question regarding what happens if Frost fails, that's actually a wonderful question. I truly don't know. To me, if Frost fails, I personally will feel like Nebraska football's chance to restore itself to even a shade of what it once was will be gone. I think Nebraska will always have the ability to do decent, but at that point it will turn into a program where 9 wins will constitute a great season. It does feel like Nebraska's last chance to "restore the glory" or however you want to put it. We will have to wait and see how things pan out.
I think if Nebraska wins 9 games than that would constitute a great season for them.

At Nebraska the fans will accept nothing less than beating lowly Iowa and Minnesota annually and being in the conference title game most years. Once there the expectations will rise to beating the likes of Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan in that game a few times to reach the CFP.

The question they must ask themselves is if that is reasonable and how long a native son like Frost gets if he doesnt deliver those results after five years. Time and patience, Urban Meyer too Ohio State back to a title in his third year. Scott Frost is not terrible but I don't see you going undefeated next year or contending for a CFP berth in his first three years.

What is Nebraska football today and tommorow? I know what they have been.

At Nebraska the fans will accept nothing less than beating lowly Iowa and Minnesota annually and being in the conference title game most years. Once there the expectations will rise to beating the likes of Ohio State, Penn State or Michigan in that game a few times to reach the CFP.

The question they must ask themselves is if that is reasonable and how long a native son like Frost gets if he doesnt deliver those results after five years. Time and patience, Urban Meyer too Ohio State back to a title in his third year. Scott Frost is not terrible but I don't see you going undefeated next year or contending for a CFP berth in his first three years.

What is Nebraska football today and tommorow? I know what they have been.

Win the division every other year or every 2 years. Compete for a conference title every 2 years. Compete for the CFP once every 5 years.

Win the division every other year or every 2 years.

NAXLYG-K.jpg

glad he is coachin across the river. oh wow he won a crap conference this is the big 10 bucko! good luck getin those kids from flordai to lincoln duh!! nope! big wang kirk ferentz will run circles around that huge pec and bicep ginger! next year old kirk will flop it on the 50 yard line and win by 3 tds count it!

Dan-I'm a former Storm Laker and would caution you not to underestimate Scott Frost. He had tremendous success at UCF and I would expect him to right the Cornhusker ship fairly quickly.
Go Hawks!
Jim

I am from SWI and hate the Huskers with all my heart and sole. Having to hear about Husker football 24/7/365 growing up got old real fast. Especially in the days of the Big 2 and Little 6 when they had to prepare to play 1-2 games a year. They were Boise St b4 Boise was Boise.
That being said Frost has me concerned. Kids want to play for him. I have interaction with a juco team and all the kids I talk to would love to play for him.
I realize this isn't the 80s-90s anymore. Neb doesn't have the partial qualifiers and kids dont have to go to a big school to get exposure. Can end up in the NFL from NDSU and E Tenn St just as easy. But I think he is going to get talent to come to Lincoln. It's just a matter of what happens once they get there, which of course none of us know. However, unfortunately, I think he is going to do more with that talent than Riley did.

At Iowa but not Nebraska. Besides the key word is compete. Not necessarily win.

You said win the division every other year or every two years. That's not happening. You also said compete for a conference title every other year. That's not happening. And no need to address the CFP part, lol.

You guys can't possibly believe that will be reality just because Frost came to town.

So, with a substantial coaching upgrade for Nebraska (Frost > Pelini & Riley) and the fact they're still out recruiting Iowa & Wisconsin doesn't mean they can't take over Wisconsin as the top of the B1G West? Iowa isn't doing anything to show that they can take over the division & Wisconsin will be Wisconsin until someone knocks them off. Nebraska is taking much more proactive and effective steps to do it than Iowa is. Northwestern? Haha. Minnesota? Haha. Until Iowa steps its game up another notch, it'll be Nebraska & Wisconsin. What is Iowa doing to try and be the top dog in the division? Nothing. And all Iowa fans know it.

So, with a substantial coaching upgrade for Nebraska (Frost > Pelini & Riley) and the fact they're still out recruiting Iowa & Wisconsin doesn't mean they can't take over Wisconsin as the top of the B1G West? Iowa isn't doing anything to show that they can take over the division & Wisconsin will be Wisconsin until someone knocks them off. Nebraska is taking much more proactive and effective steps to do it than Iowa is. Northwestern? Haha. Minnesota? Haha. Until Iowa steps its game up another notch, it'll be Nebraska & Wisconsin. What is Iowa doing to try and be the top dog in the division? Nothing. And all Iowa fans know it.

I'm not prepared to say Frost is a better coach than Pelini until history proves it. Iowa fans know we have about an even record with wisky historically and certainly are in a better position than Nebby will be next year.

Who knows how Frost will do? It's all conjecture.

As an NU fan, I'd say the state of Nebraska is as excited about football as I have seen since the Osborne years. People are again renewing their season tickets and buying Husker gear again.

I don't expect this to be a quick turnaround and the majority of NU fans feel that way. Its probably going to take 3-4 years to where we're competing for the division title.

There will once again be some great Iowa - Nebraska games again, and I can't wait to see how Coach Frost rebuilds all aspects of the program, from S&C to recruiting, to player development.

I think most Husker fans are very optimistic and yet fully understand this is not an over night project.

I wish the Hawkeyes success over the next few years until they play for NU. I don't hate Iowa fans, and I respect their fans and coaches. Good luck to you guys over the next few years as well!

I'm not prepared to say Frost is a better coach than Pelini until history proves it. Iowa fans know we have about an even record with wisky historically and certainly are in a better position than Nebby will be next year.

Frost has already done more than Pelini did in his lone 7 years as a D-1 head coach by winning games that matter. Pelini is a good coach, but there's too much going on off the field for him to succeed at the highest level. He didn't get canned at Nebby because he only won 9 games a year. He was a shitty person that I don't think most respected programs would want as the face of their program. Iowa included. I wouldn't want to see him drag the Iowa program through the mud, fan or not.

So because Iowa & Wisconsin are even historically means that Nebraska is the outlier? Despite history telling you that Nebraska is a notch above both? Iowa's last conference title is as significant as Nebraskas. No one remembers either one and the current kids don't care. So, what is it going to take for each program to overtake Wisconsin?

Iowa will need to tolerate risk more in terms of utilizing receivers instead of falling back on their run game during the season. Conservative play calling killed us off last year. Whoever got the playbook against OSU, give it back.

Nebraska needs to coral an out of the pocket capable QB. Their offensive line only holds half the time it needs to for the QB to create a play. You also can't win in the B1G without a defense. Frost would do well to focus on that. The last 2 seasons, your kids we're gassed out by the 4th qtr. Who is the S & C coach?

What Frost did at UCF this year was outstanding. However, to say he "turned that program around" is highly inaccurate. Yes, they had an 0-fer a couple years ago, but prior to that, were basically a winning program under O'Leary. He did the Spurrier thing and left in the middle of a terrible season when he realized his heart wasn't in it after a certain point (O'Leary, BTW, is a great and entertaining speaker, very humble and giving of his time and resources).

Since the late-1990s, UCF has basically, along with USF, been the "4th team" in Florida. While that wouldn't be much in most states, in a state like Florida iT still means being a level above pretty much any non-P5 team in any other state. It's a huge school in a big state. It doesn't have the tradition of UF/FSU/Miami, but in terms of exposure, resource, etc., they have it in spades. Not to mention being in VERY fertile recruiting ground.

You said win the division every other year or every two years. That's not happening. You also said compete for a conference title every other year. That's not happening. And no need to address the CFP part, lol.

You guys can't possibly believe that will be reality just because Frost came to town.

Compete for a title every 3 years........Would be disappointed if we're aren't.

Doesn't mean we will win it, but having a team good enough to win it is reasonable every 3 years. With some luck.

This is after Frost is established not immediately, adding context.

I hate Nebraska as much as anyone and I doubt they will ever reach the heights they once had but there's no reason they can't win the West division and be a top-10 team again on a consistent basis..... Their path to get back on top is long and winding but it exists and the right Coach could speed the process significantly... They have everything the other Blue-Blood programs have and everything smaller programs wish they had: Multi-National Championships, top-notch facilities, tradition and pedigree. I believe they are 3rd all time in wins.. They recruit well (Need to do better to get back to National Prominence) but they typically have higher rated classes than Iowa or Wisconsin... I am hoping Scott Frost flops just like Reilly and Callahan did but I fear he will be better...

I'm betting there will be a lot better "program focus" I'll call it under Frost.

Exactly how that translates to the varying degrees of success possible, I honestly do not know. I know they (their fans) look at the west and think "why not us?" But while the east obviously has higher profile schools overall, Iowa, NW and especially Wisconsin play a tough, physical style of football that demands that to beat them, you gotta be better than them at exactly that.

Hell, the whole conference is this way. You gotta be able to deliver body blows, and take them - to survive in the Big 10. NW is a prime example. They seem to have changed from a spread 'em out team offensively into a more traditional B10 style team recently.

Tough, physical, smart - they pound away now. And it's working for them. Hell, Purdue under Brohm - most physical Purdue team I've seen in years this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT